Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Gareth Malone. 

How many uplifting **** TV shows about a choir do you need to see? 

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

None. None at all.

is that the survey complete? Can I go now? Thanks.

Yeah Sidcow, I think a lot of replies to you will be like this, agreeing with you. 

It’ll be like you’re preaching to the ch….oh.

• Haha 3

this is something I just don't get and don't expect ever to get:

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-this-cryptopunk-nft-sold-for-532-million-sort-of/

Why this CryptoPunk NFT sold for $532 million. Sort of

It's became most expensive NFT sale of all time, but things aren't exactly as they seem...

...unless ofc this deals with AML ;)

but point being, NFTs are....what they are....

• Like 1

I was walking through town earlier and in the street there were a couple of piles of the new testament on tables saying they were free for anyone to take.  Why just the new testament, are they saying there is something unpalatable about the old one that they want to hide?

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was walking through town earlier and in the street there were a couple of piles of the new testament on tables saying they were free for anyone to take.  Why just the new testament, are they saying there is something unpalatable about the old one that they want to hide?

Was there a recycling bin nearby?

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

The Old Testament God is a proper nasty ****

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Old Testament is the context. New Testament is the call to action. 
Most xtians I know (and I know many) would tell you the gospels are the key bits. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Most xtians I know (and I know many) would tell you the gospels are the key bits. 

Presumably most Jews and Muslims would say the opposite. 

Bald men fighting over a comb (but this belongs in the religion thread). 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah why wouldn't I be?

It's not like he's going to smite me down at any secomjup093 m,.53 i8upmj0 ,ju50 i,j;,l.$

this video seemed very fitting...

Edited by osmark86

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why don't more bands release Christmas songs?

If its good, it'll be your pension. 

Loads do try - writing a hit is hard - writing a Christmas hit song is like unicorn poop.

"The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.......) is the highest grossing song of all time I believe. Mel Torme's grandkids are made for life because if it and probably their kids too. Nat King Cole recorded it first, but Mel and his family made all the dough.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why don't more bands release Christmas songs?

If its good, it'll be your pension. 

I was just about to type that we're still waiting for that Slipnot Christmas song, but then I checked and they have done one 😂

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Loads do try - writing a hit is hard - writing a Christmas hit song is like unicorn poop.

"The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire.......) is the highest grossing song of all time I believe. Mel Torme's grandkids are made for life because if it and probably their kids too. Nat King Cole recorded it first, but Mel and his family made all the dough.

Every since I read Nick Hornby's About A Boy, where the hero lives off the royalties of a Christmas song, writing one has always seemed like a good idea.

I'd call it something like, These Yulish Things!

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Every since I read Nick Hornby's About A Boy, where the hero lives off the royalties of a Christmas song, writing one has always seemed like a good idea.

I'd call it something like, These Yulish Things!

I've been working on one for a while. It's called "The Great Escape (Is Never On At Christmas)". It's in response to my wife's assertion that it is always on at Christmas. (If anyone has the Radio Times, I'd be grateful if you'd check for me; I may have to abandon the project...) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've been working on one for a while. It's called "The Great Escape (Is Never On At Christmas)". It's in response to my wife's assertion that it is always on at Christmas. (If anyone has the Radio Times, I'd be grateful if you'd check for me; I may have to abandon the project...) 

With most of the cast now dead, you could write a song called -  See You Again Next Christmas

It seems most families tend to remember dead people at Christmas - so something mawkish in a minor key, in the style of Neil, Bob or Leonard, should do nicely.

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2021 at 10:10, Stevo985 said:

This reminds me of when I went to Italy with work once. 

Got in the cab and just said “Grand Sitea hotel per favore”

He just looked at me. I repeated it and he said something in Italian that clearly meant he didn’t understand. 

Then I showed him the address on my phone and he said

”Ah! Grand Hotel Sitea!” And knew exactly where it was. 

I mean come on!

(by the way Italians are mostly lovely. This was just a funny experience)

Bit late here but:

Â