Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Woah, they’re very tolerant.

That's germans for you 

On a side to that it's my neices 16th birthday in 2 weeks, my wife has got her a bottle of vodka as a present because that's her drink of choice 

My brother in law went on holiday in September for the week, left her at home with her boyfriend, bought her vodka and got him a crate of beer for when he was gone 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Always found blokes who wear flip flops are a bit iffy. I’ve noticed the fashion at the minute is to wear socks underneath them . 

Socks and sliders is a definite social faux pas that should never happen…

I often find, socks and slider types are folk who then don’t wear socks in shoes… 

strange breed the lot of them

• Like 1

I don't understand why so many people are being spotted in sliders?  Are a lot of people going to the beach or swimming pool at the moment?  If not the fact they are wearing sliders irrespective of socks or not is the aberration here.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't understand why so many people are being spotted in sliders?  Are a lot of people going to the beach or swimming pool at the moment?  If not the fact they are wearing sliders irrespective of socks or not is the aberration here.

Well quite but the socks are the icing on the shit pie

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Even on holiday sliders are very suspect. I always envision people who wear them like to dress up in women’s clothes at night and go to seedy bars. 

I admittedly use sliders around the house instead of slippers but have no idea what you’re talking about 😮

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886sgn6hsp6rxgksvkfis

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Things I don't get - flip flops being called sliders 

To try and make them sound more sexy and trendy so you don't feel so horrified with yourself when wearing them.

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Flip Flops (or thongs for our Australian bretheren) have a toe post

Sliders, do not

Flip flops, **** disgusting.

I went to Tunisia a few years back and hadn't got any beach footwear. Bought a pair of flip flops.

I was crippled within half an hour and have never used the bastard things again. Sliders all the way. I have a pair outside the patio door which I put on when filling the bird feeders or taking the rubbish out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Flip flops, **** disgusting.

I went to Tunisia a few years back and hadn't got any beach footwear. Bought a pair of flip flops.

I was crippled within half an hour and have never used the bastard things again. Sliders all the way. I have a pair outside the patio door which I put on when filling the bird feeders or taking the rubbish out.

Yep, I'm definitely a no toe post person absolutely hate that feeling and its just not comfortable, with added sand they constantly bore away at that gap after your big toe and the one next to it.

Instruments of torture in my book

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Not reccomended here in summer where it can get to 38/40 digrees,unless you are going to get someone else to carry you instead of walking ?!

Don't fret Matey, it never gets anywhere near that in Rugeley ;)

Â