Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Unfortunately you can't help it where I live. The only thing they use to cover up is trackie bottoms, the scruffy words removed.

haha, it sounds more like it's the quality of the 'art' that's the issue, in which case I wholeheartedly agree!

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of gameshow contestants, that part of every (most?) quiz shows where they spend a chunk of time introducing the contestants and asking about them etc.

Does anyone give a shit?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Speaking of gameshow contestants, that part of every (most?) quiz shows where they spend a chunk of time introducing the contestants and asking about them etc.

Does anyone give a shit?

Nope, not even slightly. 'Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an engineer' would be more than enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Does anyone give a shit?

Part of the reason I can't stand Deal or No Deal is the sheer amount of absolute bollocks you have to listen to from the contestant's mouth, whether it's some bullshit sob story they tell you to get on their side and justify their greed as they refuse thousands of pounds in the hope they win big, to the nonsense 'systems' they seem to think they have because they have some psychic power that can help them in a game of absolute random chance and no skill involved whatsoever. And then it's presented by that jizz-rag Noel Edmonds who I'm convinced is an android.

And the worst part is I'm tempted to watch it for the sheer potential of schadenfreuding my arse off whilst Kelly, full-time mum from Bradford opens up the big money boxes and seeing her piggy little features drop when the £50k box disappears.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Part of the reason I can't stand Deal or No Deal is the sheer amount of absolute bollocks you have to listen to from the contestant's mouth, whether it's some bullshit sob story they tell you to get on their side and justify their greed as they refuse thousands of pounds in the hope they win big, to the nonsense 'systems' they seem to think they have because they have some psychic power that can help them in a game of absolute random chance and no skill involved whatsoever. And then it's presented by that jizz-rag Noel Edmonds who I'm convinced is an android.

And the worst part is I'm tempted to watch it for the sheer potential of schadenfreuding my arse off whilst Kelly, full-time mum from Bradford opens up the big money boxes and seeing her piggy little features drop when the £50k box disappears.

I watch "pointless" on catch up quite a lot. They used to do all the intros at the start so you could fast forward it all.

Recently though they've done the intros throughout the first round. Whenever they first talk to someone they introduce  them. You're basically forced to watch it.

The worst was an Irish quiz show my gran used to love. Winning Streak. I swear the intros on that show were about half an hour

I noticed that in Pointless too. I guess they feel you get straight into the action and split the contestant bits into more manageable chunks.

I get why they do it and I'm sure with many people it works to empathise with the contestants and enjoy the ride more, but it is tedious.

I know it's not the same thing, but the Cats Does Countdown intro grates on me a bit. The show is on for a good twenty minutes before the first round! I recognise I'm in the minority in that I watch the show as much for the game as the comedy (and Rachel Riley of course) but it still bugs me.

Edited by Ginko

On 09/04/2017 at 01:09, rjw63 said:

Blokes with tattooed legs.

No mate, I don't want to see your shitty inkwork and pasty white legs, **** off.

As a fella with tattoos, I agree. I just can't go below the waist, even when I think I have a good idea. 

Really why would I want to bring attention to my hairy white chicken legs. It just makes no sense. 

I have just read back the last few pages of this thread and I have laughed so hard I have pissed and shat myself (held on due to lack of proper facilities) and now I'm going to go rub one off whilst perusing the thesaurus.......

Why anyone would make a sex tape...? especially if you're a tiny bit famous, guaranteed someone will leak it.

i have no desire to rewatch myself going hammer and tongs let alone anyone else.

however, if such a thing could be another reason to taunt John terry then it's not a bad thing.

i'm looking forward to hearing the chants the next time he graces the pitch! :) 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Ginko said:

I noticed that in Pointless too. I guess they feel you get straight into the action and split the contestant bits into more manageable chunks.

I get why they do it and I'm sure with many people it works to empathise with the contestants and enjoy the ride more, but it is tedious.

I know it's not the same thing, but the Cats Does Countdown intro grates on me a bit. The show is on for a good twenty minutes before the first round! I recognise I'm in the minority in that I watch the show as much for the game as the comedy (and Rachel Riley of course) but it still bugs me.

If Sean Lock is on then the intro is the best bit but otherwise I agree with you.

Why we give a loaf of bread a good groping before we buy it.  I did it today and as I was doing it I thought bloody hell don't I look weird.  I then walked to the till with a smirk on my face holding this loaf of bread thinking about it. I definitely looked weird then. 

Sorry about all the I I I I I I but that's what happens when you're self obsessed.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why we give a loaf of bread a good groping before we buy it.  I did it today and as I was doing it I thought bloody hell don't I look weird.

...I don't think that's normal. Are you the word removed who's squashing all of the loaves in the supermarket?

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

...I don't think that's normal. Are you the word removed who's squashing all of the loaves in the supermarket?

Probably yes :D I thought it was what people did to determine the freshness. Then again I thought  pissing in the bath was normal so what do I know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't do it to a sliced loaf.

But if I was buying an unsliced loaf from the bakery section I would. Don't want to be buying a stale one.

I knew we had something in common, I just couldn't put my finger on what it was.

Â