Paul Lambert

limpid

Ok. I Am a lambert fan, still am and will still defend him.

Yesterday's result was very disappointing for me not just the draw but no goals yet again. People saying we need an attacking midfielder yes you are right. But we have one and the fact that he doesn't get game time is a huge disappointment and something I will criticise lambert for especially when every time the lad has been on the pitch he offers us something different and makes us look far more attacking. Paul better start looking more often at grealish , sure we need a player and sure they cost money but he has one on the books and it's a mystery why he doesn't start games and it's something I will criticise Paul for, even though I think he should remain as our manager

Grealish proves he wasn't the answer yesterday. Like 99% of the players in lambert's team, defending is priority. You can't risk having players run on when you are trying to defend the inevitable big loss! Lambert is not the future of Villa period!!!!

Please no one can still be fooled into thinking Lambert is still here for his qualities or results. He is still here for one reason only and it revolves around Lerners ambitions, which are f*** all!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 2

Would like to see some of the fringe players against Blackpool but I imagine Lambert will stick with his perceived strongest side as he surely knows that not winning would spell big trouble for him from the fans. It's just ironic that the fringe players probably have more chance of beating Blackpool as the Premiership starting 11 are clearly struggling. 

The other day I randomly watched the highlights of when we beat Norwich 4-1 in the Cup. 

Quite how we regressed from the attacking football shown there under Lambert, for example, is surely one of the great Villa mysteries..

I'd say the bigger mystery is how he's managed on a handful of occasions to get the side playing decent football, when 90% of what he has served up has been absolute dross.

• Like 1

Ok. I Am a lambert fan, still am and will still defend him.

Yesterday's result was very disappointing for me not just the draw but no goals yet again. People saying we need an attacking midfielder yes you are right. But we have one and the fact that he doesn't get game time is a huge disappointment and something I will criticise lambert for especially when every time the lad has been on the pitch he offers us something different and makes us look far more attacking. Paul better start looking more often at grealish , sure we need a player and sure they cost money but he has one on the books and it's a mystery why he doesn't start games and it's something I will criticise Paul for, even though I think he should remain as our manager

Grealish proves he wasn't the answer yesterday. Like 99% of the players in lambert's team, defending is priority. You can't risk having players run on when you are trying to defend the inevitable big loss! Lambert is not the future of Villa period!!!!

Please no one can still be fooled into thinking Lambert is still here for his qualities or results. He is still here for one reason only and it revolves around Lerners ambitions, which are f*** all!

But isn't that the problem, we are so haunted by losing all the time that we don't take any risks.

we have to take attacking risks to score, we have to put a bit more faith in the defence which has more than proven itself. We have to realise that sometimes attack is as good as defence.

vs Blackpool why don't we trial:

--- Benteke --- Gabby 

------------ Cole ------

Grealish --- Sanchez  --- Bacuna

Cissokho --- Clark --- Okore ---- Hutton

Guzan

• Like 1

342 minutes ( not counting "Fergie-time") played since our last goal scored.

And that's having played Swansea away and Crystal Palace & Sunderland at home 

Edited by sne

Its not just about signing a creative player. Attacking play has to also come through coaching and the right set up.

I think we're clutching if we think signing a creative player will solve all issues.

I don't think there is any doubt an attacking player will help....

... short term. Lambert will coach the attacking instinct out of them.

Its not just about signing a creative player. Attacking play has to also come through coaching and the right set up.

I think we're clutching if we think signing a creative player will solve all issues.

I don't think there is any doubt an attacking player will help....

... short term. Lambert will coach the attacking instinct out of them.

It will only help if Gabby/Weimann are played in a different system and told to prioritize attacking intent rather than tracking all the way back to defend.

The defense now with Okore, Clarke/Vlaar, Hutton, Aly is now good enough to let gabby and Weimann start to get behind there defense and  back up Benteke or score goals themselves surely.

Edited by foreveryoung

Likewise though, I think we're clutching at straws if we think changing manager will solve all issues as well.

I have to say it is getting near the end for me. Since 20th December I have traveled almost 1000 miles from Bournemouth to/from VP and the last two games were absolutely soul destroying. I have generally kept stum about Lambert and his tactics in the hope that he can turn it round. However enough is enough.

Whichever tactics he plays whether its high or low possession he has no idea how to get this team to score goals. Against Palace (who were totally gash) we were set up as 4-3-3 and might as well have 4-3-1 as the vast majority of the possession was in our half and amongst our defence and holding midfielders. No width, no creativity and Lambert has no ****** idea how to break down poor teams who have come to VP for the draw.

Good post Mike and I feel your pain. When Lambert arrived from what I had seen of Norwich for me he seemed like a manager that would always send his team out to have a real go, regardless of the opposition, and was willing to take the chance of conceding goals in search of trying to score a few.

He is now though a manger who lacks a pair of balls and is too scared to really go for a win for fear of losing. Being more attacking and really going for it a bit more would almost certainly result in us winning a few more whilst of course losing a few more. Had we have had a more positive approach over the last three games we may well have won two and lost one or won one and lost two. Either way we'd have been better off points wise and have served up more enjoyable football whilst doing it.

I genuinely can't remember when we last started a game all guns blazing and instantly put the opposition on the back foot and really went for it. I have always said I will forgive any player if they have a poor game as long as I know they have put a shift in and done all they can and the same goes for a team overall. If you know they have gone for it and really tried to get the three points on offer then you will forgive the occasions when they lose. What we have now is a team poncing about with the ball in our own half, scared to take players on for fear of losing the ball and afraid to pass and then move into a forward position. We play with two players either side of Benteke be it Gabby, Weimann, Grealish or NZogbia, whose main focus it seems is not on getting forward but helping out defensively. We play with three centre midfielders who can often be found with in yards of each other spread out across a very narrow area of the pitch, usually in our own half. You add it all together and it has resulted in some of the most boring and negative football any manger has served up as Villa manager and it is soul destroying to watch every week.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Likewise though, I think we're clutching at straws if we think changing manager will solve all issues as well.

He does have a saving grace in that when Cole started in the position against Burnley we looked half decent. But once again, that appeared to be just a fleeting glimpse, I refer to the point about Sanchez and his frustration of what was going on ahead of him yesterday. Form with us is temporary, the lack of class appears to be permanent.

He does have a saving grace in that when Cole started in the position against Burnley we looked half decent. But once again, that appeared to be just a fleeting glimpse, I refer to the point about Sanchez and his frustration of what was going on ahead of him yesterday. Form with us is temporary, the lack of class appears to be permanent.

And as I said, I don't think there is one single solution to that.

Did anyone ever say that changing managers would solve all issues? I think it is clutching at something (a pile of BS) to state that anyone ever thought that.

However, it would solve the issue of having a poor manager and at the moment that would be heaven.

No one is saying a new manager will solve all issues, because blantently it is deeper than the manager.  What it will do though is throw a fresh approach of new ideas and tactics into the game. Also maybe he will play players that deserve to play rather than his favourites as Lambert does. Also we need to coach the mindset out of them that defensive capability is the way forward and should be the priority for every player on the pitch!!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

And as I said, I don't think there is one single solution to that.

Neither do I. The point I forgot to make was that I think of the two, a change of manager, fresh ideas, fresh impetus would be for the best. Both though, preferably. Or at least some **** width would be nice.

• Like 2

Â