Paul Lambert

limpid

After the arsenal game his comments, together with the abrupt way our change in style came about, made me wonder if he hasn't had it suggested to him from in the club to play a different way.

It wouldn't be the first time an owner has done that, by a long way.

His comments after last night also make me wonder...is he saying ' I told you so'?

Whatever, the comments were ludicrous.

• Like 1

The only way we're staying up right now is with a change in manager.  Even if in the long run he's not the right man I'd do it just to spark a change.  

Michael Laudrup has gone back out to as much as 10/1 for the QPR job... PLEASE if there is a god up there in heaven, please be because we've moved in at the last minute to get him!!

Luadrup short term would be perfect I think. I actually don't think the board will do anything though or he'd have already gone.

Edited by romavillan

I do find it odd that there hasn't been a "were all in this together" statement today, when it started to go tits up under houllier & McLeish these statements were put out straight away.

You must have missed it mate :

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4478966,00.html

I find it all embarrassing tbh. Walk the walk, dont talk the talk you f*****g morons.

I dont think lambert was strong armed into implementing the passing style, when we were playing kick & rush I worked sometimes and then just seemed to stop working, so he decides to throw a curve ball and play possession based football.

Unfortunately it seems no effort has gone into coaching movement. It's almost as if when the players go to training he just puts a bag of footballs down and tells them to do whatever they like.

• Like 1

Giving him a long-term contract on the back of some good results at the start of the season was stupid. If he's going to go it has to be now because if we carry on not scoring then we are going to be points adrift by Easter. 

We are stuck with Lambert,for 2 reasons.

1- He is at stage 2 of Lerners plan.We got rid of the high erners, now we are about to cut the wage bill.

2- Any other manager with a brain the size of a peanut would say to Lerner " you can not get rid of the best players and replace them with reserves and lower division players and expect to stay in the Premier League " ( The Premier League is supposed to be the toughest league in the world and Lerner and Lambert expect to stay in the toughest league in the world with lower division players ) how does that work ?! 

“Now it’s about winning ugly. This is not the time for pretty football.

“We’ve been trying to play the game in the right way but now we have to win ugly."

Is that his third or fourth sudden u-turn this season? I've lost count. He really is just making it up as he goes along with little conviction, a truly pathetic manager.

• Like 1

We were only briefly good at playing counter attacking football as other teams learnt to defend against the front three, people became sick of Guzan hoofing it to Benteke or us surrendering possession immediately to the opposition and spending 75 mins without the ball defending every game.

But we won the occasional game with 30% possession and a goal scored from a breakaway.

Since we started possession football, not only do we not have the width or movement needed but suddenly add into the toxic mix that no-one can take a decent cross or set piece either and you wonder what else will we start 'not being able to do?'

I fully expect to see Guzan forgetting how to take goal kicks soon

Edited by VillanousOne

I think the odds are against it happening for anybody. We're just going to be going around in circles until we get a new owner.

Exactly which is why I had hoped that it would happen for him and us as in many respects it was a last throw of the dice for us as a club

• Like 2

For the people that think they are helping the club by standing by their team:

If its true that Lambert really has lost the dressing room, backing the boys won't help. What we saw last night were a hearthless performance, the body language the players showed tells it all really. The best thing for the club is to get Lambert out of the club, as he won't resign.

The club, players, the fans need a new start.

Edited by villalad21

I so want it to work here for him and still do.  The odds at this stage are against that happening.

My thoughts exactly.

The names being banded around as his replacement have all achieved less than he had before joining us. I've seen comments like "young and hungry" manager...which tbf to him is exactly what Lambert is/was. I like the guy's philosophy and he is probably the best man-manager we've had since MON...but unfortunately, it appears his coaching methods are lacking and the players have lost confidence in themselves, and probably him+his team. 

People often forget the record he joined with. If we saw a manger with a replica of his achievments at Norwich who we thought would join..their name would be cried our for. As much as I REALLY want it to work for him, it looks like a roll of the dice and a new manager is the only way we'll break out of this rut.

I agree that we can't achieve anything significant under Lerner's ownership but I do believe that it's possible to not be fighting relegation every single season. I accept that we will continue to be stale and make up the numbers with him owning the club but I also believe that after the top 6 or 7 clubs everyone else is also in a pretty similar situation, we just prop up the league for the big boys. In a league dictated by money I still believe that good management exists, I still believe that we can have a style and identity, be organised and hard to beat even on a small budget and have a team to at least be a little bit proud of. Lambert hasn't given us any of this after all this time. What even are we? What's our style? Our plan? We're just complete nothingness under his management.

The club needs to replace him quickly , to give us at least a fighting chance , for Paul Lamberts welfare as much as Aston Villa's , i just hope the club act , as opposed to Lambert walking and then the club taking weeks to replace him.

Turned now? They have not been on side for ages

Absolutely the mail have jumped at every chance this season.

Â