Paul Lambert

limpid

WHAT DO PEOPLE WANT!?

Personally I want to be able to loan two players from the same club at the same time

I also want a net spend less than 18  clubs or greater than 6 other clubs depending on the argument at the time

I'd like Daren Bent to be a goalie

I'd like Westwood to be a top premiership striker

I'd like Gabby to score 20 goals a season from the wing

And I'd like Tom Cleverley to go to Everton where he can become a top class midfielder and sold to Barcelona in 12 months for 40M

Not much to ask is it

£80k a week on a Goalie while we have Given sitting on the bench for £60k a week? Richard Out!!!!!!

Sky sports - tom fox says Paul lambert has the full support of randy Lerner

The telegraph - randy Lerner wont give lambert £3million to sign Scott Sinclair......

Which is it

Lerner fully supports him, but doesn't want to spend any money on Aston Villa.  I think it's that.

We're already one of the biggest spending teams in the league if not Europe.

I think the Telegraph may be changing their opinion now on the money available

And then some?

lol,  no just that the latest Telegraph article i have seen suggests differently

The telegraph - randy Lerner wont give lambert £3million to sign Scott Sinclair......

Which is it

Lerner fully supports him, but doesn't want to spend any money on Aston Villa. I think it's that.

We're already one of the biggest spending teams in the league if not Europe.

Is that net or gross spend?

• Like 2

I think some of his signings are the best any manager has done at villa in last 20 years or so.

i do agree the terrible football makes most want him gone. i allso think some of the players he adopted have let him and us down badly Gabby and wiemann to name 2 is not just about midfield need to supply them cos in past seasons they have and they didn`t deliver then. I think Wiemann may get better now we have gil though

i think Gil is gonna be a great just based on the 1.3 games i seen of him so far.

My personal opinion of Lambert is.....Imagine what players he could find if he was funded well, am willing to give him more time especially now he has brought Gil, hope he gets in 1 or 2 more and we will have a good side

Edited by walesavfc
  • Like 2

Those of you who want Lambert out what would it take for you to change your minds in the near future?

In the near future absolutely nothing. He needs to avoid relegation this season. Next season there has to be a top-half finish with consistent performances all around and a feeling that we can compete in every game. Then I probably get behind him again.

I want him gone right now. I know that won't happen so I hope the individual performances of our players will save us from relegation. 

Just confirms what we all knew

Were stuck with Lambert till Lerner sells the club

I pray it's in the summer otherwise were never going to move forward and will continue to flirt with relegation every season

Under RL, how much money do you think PL will have at his disposal going forward?

If the current trend continues, not enough.

I can't see an end to the austerity on steroids anytime soon.

Not much more than "a bit" if anything. Putting everything that happens on the pitch down to coaching is (how shall I put this?) a false narrative.

And saying "putting everything" when nobody has said that is a strawman argument. It clearly does have an effect though, or why even employ managers in the first place. His lack of tactical nous has been evident for too long now.

You're right, strictly speaking you weren't "putting everything" down to coaching. I'll take that slap on the wrist. Now take one yourself for the bolded bit, please, because what you really mean is that results and performances haven't been too good. Neither of us knows as much about tactics as he does, and nobody on earth can say that we'd be better off if different tactics had been employed - it's pure guesswork based on results and performances.

Honestly your dismissal of absolutely everything is laughable now. You've reached the ridiculous levels of one other poster.

Which is it

I think you might find that neither of them think he is worth £3m, plus a fat salary, and I am inclined to agree.

• Like 1

we just need to sort out Lambert's coaching ability and we'll be set.

For all you know Lambert is the best coach in the universe, unless you're a regular at BMH and have sat in on other clubs training as well, you have no way of knowing and pretending you do is just silly.

Results on the pitch are probably a bit of a guide.

Not much more than "a bit" if anything. Putting everything that happens on the pitch down to coaching is (how shall I put this?) a false narrative.

What about the bit where Dr Fox says that the one person who can really affect all that (i.e. everything that happens on the pitch) is the manager?

You're suggesting that the fox has implied that Lambert has had a negative effect in that regard?

Nope. You wrote that putting things that happen on the pitch down to coaching is a false narrative - i.e. bullshit, as I believe you put it. I pointed out that Dr Fox disagrees with you.

Â