Paul Lambert

limpid

End of the game, do what you want.

During the game, support the team.

It's as simple as that for me.

i agree. The first thing that entered my mind when i heard this was its gonna make a really bad first imprsssion on Gil. Oh, hang on, we havent signed him.

Joint 12th-13 ha ha ha, an that's justification of some sort. If we are there after 3-4 games I will bow down, ha ha what a joke. As for supporting the team, I have seen no less difference in the quality of football chanting Lambert out in the game against Leicester as I have in the last 2 seasons of his shite.

Yeah we should be in the champions league for we are the mighty Aston Villa, it's all about history and high expectations nevermind realism.

Precisely nobody has said that whatsoever though, so why the hyperbole. There is a happy medium to be had between Champions League qualification and scoring 11 goals all season, I'd have thought.

Why the hyperbole? Because this is the hyperbole thread isn't it?

I remember "Come on Villa, Come on Villa, Come on Villa, Come on!" & "Sing your heart out for the lads!"

Much more effective than "we want Lerner out, say we want Lerner out!" or "Getting sacked in the morning!" - but y'know.. fans and that.

Give us a break.

With the expense and portion of your weekend that attending games costs, it’s really, really, frustrating to have to stomach 90mins of mind numbingly dour football.

Fans have a right to expect to be entertained. This doesn’t mean playing total football. Hoof ball with a purpose can be just as entertaining. But watching a team who do not seem to want to attack at all is infuriating.

It’s pretty naive to expect people to sing and cheer their way through 90mins when watching us play at the minute.

Lambert needs to address this before the majority of fans turn on him.

I remember "Come on Villa, Come on Villa, Come on Villa, Come on!" & "Sing your heart out for the lads!"

Much more effective than "we want Lerner out, say we want Lerner out!" or "Getting sacked in the morning!" - but y'know.. fans and that.

Give us a break.

With the expense and portion of your weekend that attending games costs, it’s really, really, frustrating to have to stomach 90mins of mind numbingly dour football.

Fans have a right to expect to be entertained. This doesn’t mean playing total football. Hoof ball with a purpose can be just as entertaining. But watching a team who do not seem to want to attack at all is infuriating.

It’s pretty naive to expect people to sing and cheer their way through 90mins when watching us play at the minute.

Lambert needs to address this before the majority of fans turn on him.

I understand what you mean, football is different in the way it's only good if you're winning (usually).

But EVERYONE knows what's happening behind the scenes, we all know we're on the decline and we all know the reasons for that decline.

So to expect to go there and us to be anything other than what we are (apart from the lack of goals, that's pretty poor excuse I agree) is deluded.

If you know you're not going to enjoy the game, give your ticket to someone who will.  Don't go if you don't have a ticket and if you still decide to go after those thoughts, then you may as well get behind the 11 blokes on the field.

None of them are trying to be shit, none of them play and think "I can't be arsed with this today", so be supportive.

The amount of nasty abuse you hear if someone mis-controls the ball in the Holte End is disgraceful, and it's usually being yelled by blokes who clearly know ruck all about football and have clearly never played, such is their mammoth size.  It doesn't help.  It hinders.  It makes the players go further into their shells, play more safely (see defensively) and as a result makes us a worse team.

Before the negativity set in against Palace for example, we had 2 GREAT chances, but then as soon as the crowd got edgy, we played visibly worse. 

Joint 12th-13 ha ha ha, an that's justification of some sort. If we are there after 3-4 games I will bow down, ha ha what a joke. As for supporting the team, I have seen no less difference in the quality of football chanting Lambert out in the game against Leicester as I have in the last 2 seasons of his shite.

Yeah we should be in the champions league for we are the mighty Aston Villa, it's all about history and high expectations nevermind realism.

Didn't think I needed to have high expectations of actually scoring a goal against bottom of the league Leicester an close to there B team.

An dont start blaming the fans chap to cover Lambert's arse, its not worth it. Its so so poor at the moment and you know it. We have no bearing on Lerner going, we are for sale that's,as far as it goes. If we want a change its gotta be Lambert, sorry but that's how it is. An before you say he is going know where, if the fans want him gone the majority will show it at the games and he will be gone.

I was there in 68. Villa fans then were not prepared to sit idly by and do nothing . We chanted" the board must go" at every game. We held demonstrations and held meetings, a big one at Digbeth civic hall. We all  loved our club too much to watch it die a slow death. From those actions, change was initiated. We suffered set backs, but the seeds of a better club were planted. Doing nothing, will change nothing. Were Villa fans then, a tougher bunch, maybe they were, but this club is drifting, much as it was back then. An inept board, an uninspiring manager, a group of players, some of which are not fit to play for the club. There are those who believe that doing nowt, except turning up, not rocking the boat, and meekly accepting our fate. is supporting the club. We ALL support the club, its just that some of us are prepared to actively defend its future. The embers from 68 are still smouldering in my belly. Time to fan the flames again I think.

To put it bluntly, times have changed.

The club isn't really a club any more, it's a private business who you give money to in return of tickets.

No one from the club (that's important enough) will realistically meet with fans, listen and action what they have to say.

By all means, if enough people do this, then something may happen, but you're going to need 10s of thousands of people to do anything and really, we haven't got the local fan base to do it.

I was there in 68. Villa fans then were not prepared to sit idly by and do nothing . We chanted" the board must go" at every game. We held demonstrations and held meetings, a big one at Digbeth civic hall. We all  loved our club too much to watch it die a slow death. From those actions, change was initiated. We suffered set backs, but the seeds of a better club were planted. Doing nothing, will change nothing. Were Villa fans then, a tougher bunch, maybe they were, but this club is drifting, much as it was back then. An inept board, an uninspiring manager, a group of players, some of which are not fit to play for the club. There are those who believe that doing nowt, except turning up, not rocking the boat, and meekly accepting our fate. is supporting the club. We ALL support the club, its just that some of us are prepared to actively defend its future. The embers from 68 are still smouldering in my belly. Time to fan the flames again I think.

To put it bluntly, times have changed.

The club isn't really a club any more, it's a private business who you give money to in return of tickets.

No one from the club (that's important enough) will realistically meet with fans, listen and action what they have to say.

By all means, if enough people do this, then something may happen, but you're going to need 10s of thousands of people to do anything and really, we haven't got the local fan base to do it.

Times haven't changed, maybe some fans have though. 

Funnily enough clubs in 68 were privately owned, and we bought tickets in those days too.

The board in 68 weren't falling over themselves to talk to us either.

Your right we do need thousands to do something, care to be one of them?

You seriously believe we don't "have the local  fan base" to do it.

None of them are trying to be shit, none of them play and think "I can't be arsed with this today", so be supportive.

The amount of nasty abuse you hear if someone mis-controls the ball in the Holte End is disgraceful, and it's usually being yelled by blokes who clearly know ruck all about football and have clearly never played, such is their mammoth size.  It doesn't help.  It hinders.  It makes the players go further into their shells, play more safely (see defensively) and as a result makes us a worse team.

Before the negativity set in against Palace for example, we had 2 GREAT chances, but then as soon as the crowd got edgy, we played visibly worse. 

I'm in no position to criticise the fans who [can and do] go to the games, and yeah it's their right to shout what they want, but I think fans who abuse players have a pretty poor understanding of psychology.

Playing sports that are based on skill requires confidence, and playing them to your highest standard requires you to feel like an omnipotent god. This is tricky when you've overhit a pass and some fat **** in the stands has told you you're a useless word removed.

Spot on post.

Some of today's fans believe that doing nothing except handing over hard earned cash to watch 90 minutes of dross is supporting the team and that anyone that cares passionately enough to do anything (whether it be boycott, chanting, holding up £ signs, draping blankets etc. etc.) is just 'small time' and worth nothing but ridicule.

Aston Villa wasn't going for somehwere between £150-200 million in 1968. The game has changed, massively.

Nothing will change till Lerner goes and Lerner isn't going anywhere for a long time. There aren't people willing to spend the best part of a quarter of a billion on a football club and then some to get us competing at the top again.

As frustrating as it is to watch, and it was like pulling teeth at Leicester, you may as well save your breath, because its only being wasted.

Edited by Ads
  • Like 1

I think doing nothing would be scandalous but the 8 min walk out thing im seeing suggested on twitter seems stupid to me. Fans will have already purchased their ticket so Randy won't even care. What we should do is fill the stadium and support the boys till the end and stay for a while singing about how we want Lambert out. If he sees how many people actually want him out it might be enough to force it.

Â