Paul Lambert

limpid

How can anyone carry on defending him?  I wanted Lambert to do well but he is beyond saving now.  He has to go.

Who is going to defend him? I said I'd give him a chance, we won back to back matches against Palace and Leicester. That was a Platform to build on with the run of games we had after that being "winable" and we've scored 2 goals and won none of them. 

Look I'm sure Lambert will do a good job at his next club, he's good in the transfer market he just needs to find the right Assistant to do the team tactics training etc. 

But his time here at Aston Villa is up. We've gone too far now to go back unless he can produce a miracle turn around in next 3 games. 

I'd also really like new owners. We need a fresh start, get David Moyes here. 

It was pretty obvious we weren't going to build on it after watching the games this season, especially the palace victory was was completely undeserved.

Today has been coming ever since we went on that losing streak earlier on in the year.  We're going backwards and in real trouble of going down. 

Bottom 3 by the end of the month IMO and then we're in serious problems getting out.

West brom and palace have new managers, leicester are improving and have just signed a decent striker. 

Where's our improvement coming from?

• Like 1

I doubt Lerner even watches our matches. It's time for Foxy to step up and pull the trigger. Get someone in quick enough/caretaker in time to make some cheap January movements and start playing some ballsy football.

Of course, Lambert will still be manager this time next year.

The most depressing thing is, with Lerner happy to be finishing 17th & not willing to back the manager to move away from the bottom who will come here to take over? I can't see anyone willing to work at a club where there is zero chance of progress.

That's it for me. I cannot allow myself to become despondent because the reality is this club is rotten from top to bottom (Probably not the tea ladies) and if I allow myself to become like that then it really is a sorry state to be in. I will continue to look for the positives but at present there are literally none. 

What I hate more than anything is that football is supposed to be entertainment, something to take your mind off the every day grind but supporting Villa is just now apart of it. This video just becomes ever more relevant at times like this.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I do not believe we should sack him during the season. I think we will be safe from relegation under Lambert. But the wheels need to be set in motion to replace him the moment the season is over. 

My worry is Lambert will not be sacked and Lerner will keep him, the relationship between fans and manager is now almost beyond repair. This kind of situation will effect players and could result in relegation next season if he is persisted with. 

I just hope, even bloody pray Lerner can just sell us. That is the only thing that can bring an end to the stagnation of this club. 

What chances do we have against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea? I predict 0 points and probably 0 goals. Then we have 3 games where we really ought to pick up some points (cue roars of hilarious laughter) but I fear we will struggle in those games too.

My worry is Lambert will not be sacked and Lerner will keep him, the relationship between fans and manager is now almost beyond repair. This kind of situation will effect players and could result in relegation next season if he is persisted with.  

This exact same thing could have been said last season.

Should have done it then.

How can anyone carry on defending him?  I wanted Lambert to do well but he is beyond saving now.  He has to go.

Who is going to defend him? I said I'd give him a chance, we won back to back matches against Palace and Leicester. That was a Platform to build on with the run of games we had after that being "winable" and we've scored 2 goals and won none of them. 

Look I'm sure Lambert will do a good job at his next club, he's good in the transfer market he just needs to find the right Assistant to do the team tactics training etc. 

But his time here at Aston Villa is up. We've gone too far now to go back unless he can produce a miracle turn around in next 3 games. 

I'd also really like new owners. We need a fresh start, get David Moyes here. 

It was pretty obvious we weren't going to build on it after watching the games this season, especially the palace victory was was completely undeserved.

Today has been coming ever since we went on that losing streak earlier on in the year.  We're going backwards and in real trouble of going down. 

Bottom 3 by the end of the month IMO and then we're in serious problems getting out.

West brom and palace have new managers, leicester are improving and have just signed a decent striker. 

Where's our improvement coming from?

I can only think new signings, we get two wingers in and change tactics. But that's hopeful at the least. 

Lambert should have gone last season

But no lets give him another season surely we will improve....

Now lets give him till the end of this one as well shall we....

Clearly he's not up to the task and simply not good enough

How much longer should he be given to take the piss with our football club

Edited by AshVilla

I've stood by him until today. What is he actually doing. 3 holding midfielders again. No width other than Hutton again. No movement at all.

Its actually upsetting to see our Villa play like this.

I think we need a change. The lack of goals alone must be enough for a change of manager. We've actually got a decent team, I don't understand is going on.

The only problem being, if he goes, who do we get instead.

Curbishley?

I know he's a bit of a laughing stock of his own making, inflated ego and that, but his record is excellent. All 5 years back mind.

Could he do much worse?

Sean Dyche

Gary Rowett :ph34r:

Steve McLaren

Â