Paul Lambert

limpid

No excuses not to play some good football tomorrow, im going and expexcting a convincing win. If we score and defend our nads off I will be pissed and that maybe my final game. Sorry lads but not only is Leicester a newly promoted team, but they are a newly promoted team on a bad run.

No excuses not to play some good football tomorrow, im going and expexcting a convincing win. If we score and defend our nads off I will be pissed and that maybe my final game. Sorry lads but not only is Leicester a newly promoted team, but they are a newly promoted team on a bad run.

We always beat teams on a bad run - enjoy!

I particularly enjoyed '. . . is in Year 3'. Fair play mate, very funny. 

• Like 1

Yeah the whole dividing us into clearly defined camps is pretty annoying. One mans deluded is another mans rational.

I completely understand where those who want him gone are coming from. The football we're served up IS appalling. Lambert HAS broken many unwanted records. I know Im stating the obvious here. He seems to me totally unwilling to make any meaningful substitutions in game and he is terribly uncharismatic in press conferences. It seems leaving training up to his backroom staff is something of a problem for him while he's worked with our players and in all honesty theres been little or no improvement in many of the younger players he bought in. We/ He knew when he came in we had little to no creativity in our midfield and every transfer window we've been disappointed with our lot. Im not trying to suggest anyone who's given up on him should cut him any more slack. I get it.

...etc

Top post

This post has been written with full research as best I can find it from transferleague.co.uk so whilst some of the info might be slightly wrong you’d imagine it’s the fairest place to get it all as it’ll be wrong for all teams! It is a long post but the findings are significant.

....etc

Cracking post

For Xmas, New year & the rest of the season I want to see a Villa team to be proud of, players giving everything for the shirt, a genuine intent to win games, playing as competent and as organised as the players can play.

I want to see forward passes.

Possesion maintained from throw-ins

Corners & freekicks that give us hope of scoring.

but above all I want Lambert to set up the team lineup, system & tactics so that we have an equal or upperhand in controlling the game and result.

conceeding possesion and ground to every team is no longer acceptable

• Like 1

The teams that had finished around us (but survived in the Premiership) were as follows and their summer spend that year in NET (so to show whether improving squad quality) is in brackets:

Net spend shows nothing other than non-footballing income generated investment. FFS can people PLEASE stop using it as some kind of indication of squad or player quality. 

Think he was using it for the sake of argument, as it seems that people are using net spend as a stick to beat him with for whatever odd reason.

Think he was using it for the sake of argument, as it seems that people are using net spend as a stick to beat him with for whatever odd reason.

Or it just a relevant way to assess the transfer activity of a manager. By all means suggest something else.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Interesting that Everton lose and we win and we'll be above the genius Martinez.

Not saying Lambert is anything special in the slightest but maybe Martinez is a tad overrated.

Isn't, and has never been, a genius.

That we're as close as we are is testament to that. We're awful, with a manager nobody would utter the word 'genius'about in the same breath, and we're in touching distance.

Nothing to do with RM, They simply haven't got the squad for playing 3 times a week, and that has a knock on effect

See also Spurs and Liverpool.

Edited by Kingman

Â