Paul Lambert

limpid

Again, yes position will over time broadly equate to wages etc.

But entertainment flair and positive football bear absolutely no relation to money.

There is no reason to play so negatively against at least 10-12 of our competitors.

A manager can't do much about the wages, and if that was all that impacted on the play why do we need to keep lambo, or even have a manager at all?

Fair points terry.  I would argue to a point that entertainment and flair and a certain degree of positive football does depend on having the money to attract the type of players able to play that way and win games ,  and that as those type of players are actually in demand it does inflate their fee / wages even more.

In terms of "playing negatively" against 10 or 12 teams who are our competitors yes that is also a valid argument.  But I guess the manager feels that the players he has need to play a particular style and are not equiped to change it drastically from one week to the next,  he has to have a settled squad and settled approach.  

I also accept that as I support him and still do I am eager and quick to look for reasons to justify things in his favour where I can.   But I do accept that things are not the best right now and that some of his decisions I do not agree with,  some of the results I am far from happy with.  But you take the rough with the smooth and as I do not do his job every day of the week or work closely with the squad every day of the week,  he knows more than me and I have to accept that too.  I'll just say he still retains my confidence

• Like 2

Again, yes position will over time broadly equate to wages etc.

But entertainment flair and positive football bear absolutely no relation to money.

There is no reason to play so negatively against at least 10-12 of our competitors.

A manager can't do much about the wages, and if that was all that impacted on the play why do we need to keep lambo, or even have a manager at all?

Fair points terry.  I would argue to a point that entertainment and flair and a certain degree of positive football does depend on having the money to attract the type of players able to play that way and win games ,  and that as those type of players are actually in demand it does inflate their fee / wages even more.

In terms of "playing negatively" against 10 or 12 teams who are our competitors yes that is also a valid argument.  But I guess the manager feels that the players he has need to play a particular style and are not equiped to change it drastically from one week to the next,  he has to have a settled squad and settled approach.  

I also accept that as I support him and still do I am eager and quick to look for reasons to justify things in his favour where I can.   But I do accept that things are not the best right now and that some of his decisions I do not agree with,  some of the results I am far from happy with.  But you take the rough with the smooth and as I do not do his job every day of the week or work closely with the squad every day of the week,  he knows more than me and I have to accept that too.  I'll just say he still retains my confidence

I'd happily take the rough with the smooth. The smooth part of the equation doesn't put in an appearance very often though, so it's more like taking the rough with the very rough.

I'm taking a break from this forum. As mad as it sounds, the fact that I like Lambert but can't support him wears me down.

Also I keep making the same points, and although they are still relevant, it is kind of boring.

My club is hurting, I hate seeing it. I need to take a break from this section for my own sanity.

If you see me here (as in, oops, Dodgy is an idiot with a crap memory), shoot me in the face.

UTV.

I'm taking a break from this forum. As mad as it sounds, the fact that I like Lambert but can't support him wears me down.

Also I keep making the same points, and although they are still relevant, it is kind of boring.

My club is hurting, I hate seeing it. I need to take a break from this section for my own sanity.

If you see me here (as in, oops, Dodgy is an idiot with a crap memory), shoot me in the face.

UTV.

I love this club and i think the fans deserve better.

I want to throw my support behind Lambert and the players, but right now I have no faith in any of them.

• Like 1

UTV.

I've not really posted much lately for much the same reasons. There's nothing to say that hasn't been said over and over and over again whatever your stance on the whole thing. The club has done the worst thing possible here... it's made me completely indifferent to what happens at the moment

Yep.

The mountain we need to climb to be relevant again in this league is looking bigger by the day and I have absolutely zero faith in anybody at the club outside of maybe the likes Grealish and Guzan to stick to the task and get us on the right track. I really like Lambert and I still feel like he was the right choice to hire at the time despite the noises that we sounded out Koeman, but how can I possibly support him given how alarmingly weak we've been?

Watching matches is getting painful and there just doesn't seem to be any light on the horizon.

The lack of a new owner was a huge killer in the offseason.

UTV.

I've not really posted much lately for much the same reasons. There's nothing to say that hasn't been said over and over and over again whatever your stance on the whole thing. The club has done the worst thing possible here... it's made me completely indifferent to what happens at the moment

Yep.

The mountain we need to climb to be relevant again in this league is looking bigger by the day and I have absolutely zero faith in anybody at the club outside of maybe the likes Grealish and Guzan to stick to the task and get us on the right track. I really like Lambert and I still feel like he was the right choice to hire at the time despite the noises that we sounded out Koeman, but how can I possibly support him given how alarmingly weak we've been?

Watching matches is getting painful and there just doesn't seem to be any light on the horizon.

The lack of a new owner was a huge killer in the offseason.

Lerner's handling of the whole up for sale business was complete lunacy and then he compounded the situation by handing Lambert a new 4 year deal but we have zero influence over Lerner and his decisions. With things like kit suppliers, shirt sponsors and possible stadium naming rights up for grabs I can't see how Mr Fox will get anyone to 'buy into' our current on the pitch product put out by Lambert each week? Let's hope Fox has the balls to question the current feeling of despair around the club generated by Lambert!

• Like 1

Lambert is like a spoilt child hes not capable of leading us Firstly he cant handle criticism if you argue or dont agree with his shit football you put in reserves.

Secondly his signings have been a total waste apart from tekkers and concrete. What a waste on helenius, tonev, okore, steer, bennett, bacuna. Take account lambert your shit.

Finally lamberts style of play makes big eck's rubbish look good far too negative and most importantly i think villa are no better than when he joined.

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

Lambert is like a spoilt child hes not capable of leading us Firstly he cant handle criticism if you argue or dont agree with his shit football you put in reserves.

Secondly his signings have been a total waste apart from tekkers and concrete. What a waste on helenius, tonev, okore, steer, bennett, bacuna. Take account lambert your shit.

Finally lamberts style of play makes big eck's rubbish look good far too negative and most importantly i think villa are no better than when he joined.

Harshly worded but true. People forget the bomb squad fiasco!

No its your opinion and it may or may not be true.

• Like 2

No its your opinion and it may or may not be true.

No the bomb squad was a reality!

The worst thing about us is that when we do go down, this year, or next, or the year after... we'll be down at the bottom of the Championship as well as teams rip us to shreds with their football.

It'll only be then he gets the push, as we're fighting to stay out of League 1.

The worst thing about us is that when we do go down, this year, or next, or the year after... we'll be down at the bottom of the Championship as well as teams rip us to shreds with their football.

Complete conjecture.

Bed wetting at its very finest.

Complete conjecture.

Bed wetting at its very finest.

The only evidence available is our performance in the cup versus lower league opposition :D

Out of five cup runs, we've been knocked out by:

One PL side

One Championship side

Two League One sides

One League Two side

Now, in those five runs we have beaten a mighty:

One Championship side

Three League One sides

So that makes us 4-4 in the cups versus lower league sides, but we've only beaten one Championship, whereas we've lost to three games to sides from the third tier and lower.

Would it not be conjecture to say we'd be comfortably towards the top of the league, were we to go down as we so often struggle against football league teams?

iAwfubL.gif

[/Con]

• Like 2

I do love the way people find new and imaginative ways to prove that Lambert should be sacked. We all know, but ultimately know its not his fault we are shite, it's the man who pulls the strings.

• Like 1

I've supported Lambert the whole time he has been here, but now even I am losing faith. Some very questionable decisions at times, and on paper now our team should comfortably be mid table to me, but the way he has us playing is excruciating. Our next run of fixtures is make or break for our season, pick up 3/4 wins and things will look rosey again, but slip to more defeats and its irreversible under Lambert and he will have to go.

This is the first time since January that I have been in this thread, as I have avoided it due to the negativity surrounding it, and in that time there has been over 21000 posts. Madness.

Without those wins leading up to Christmas its curtains for Lambert for me.

Unless Randy takes the training, sets the tactics and does the ahem motivational team talks, then it can only be Lambert's fault that he cannot get the best out of what he has got. We have better players than most of the bottom 10.

Yes Randy is at fault for not providing more funds for players or wages, but he is more at fault for poor managerial appointments and not taking decisive action for what is the worst Premier League manager we have ever had.

Â