Paul Lambert

limpid

We deserved to beat Spurs, and we've lost the previous 4/5 because we honestly should be losing to those sort of teams, all except QPR. We just got unlucky and had to face them all in a row, rather than spread out over the season. It's the reason why you're all over reacting.

• Like 3

Just a recap for those who may have forgotten.

1. Biggest defeat in premiership history (8-0 chelsea)

2. Worst start to a season since we've been in the premiership (his first season)

3. First manager since we've been in the premiership to have two seasons or more and hasn't achieved a top ten finish

4. Most home defeats in a single season ever

5. Most defeats over a season in our premiership history (20 last season)

6. Most goals let in over a season since we've been in the premiership (over 60 last season)

7. Five defeats in a row without scoring for the first time in our entire history

8. Six defeats in a row for the first time since we've been in the premiership and also beyond (47 years)

9. First manager to lose to a fourth tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final

10. First time we've gone out of cup competitions three years on the spin to lower league opposition?

11. 23 defeats in 36 games the worst run any manager has ever had at this club?

How the hell is this guy still managing our club. No other manager would survive this at such a big club, not sure how Lambert is. I will stick to my guns and say 2 more loses and he will have to go. If not surely he wouldn't survive if we also lose to Burnley.

Maybe someone should email the list to Mr Lerner, cc Mr Fox and ask the question 90% of fans are scratching there heads over. 

"Lies - damn lies - statistics and shit football,"

We deserved to beat Spurs, and we've lost the previous 4/5 because we honestly should be losing to those sort of teams, all except QPR. We just got unlucky and had to face them all in a row, rather than spread out over the season. It's the reason why you're all over reacting.

I think you're ignoring a lot of what's happened previously to those few games.

Well Lerner had already rewarded Lambert with a new contract based on what had happened previous to 'those few games' so that might not have much of a say in his thinking. But this bad run can't go on for much longer.

We should probably have got a point from a woeful spurs. A win is going too far.

The previous 5 games we were useless going forward and/or terrible in possession (what we had). That's the issue, not the results so much. Extrapolate those performances (based on the last two seasons) and we're in serious trouble.

I agree that Lambert needs to go.

But can any of us really see Lerner paying up a four year contract a matter of weeks after signing it?

There's a clause in the contract, season + 1 apparently.

Has this been proven to be a fact? or my mates dads-mate on twitter said so? 

He'd be mad to not put a clause in. Surely that would put a potential new owner off having to pay off a big contract for a first task.

I wouldn't be surprised if its not been implemented, Same as the players contracts, ref relegation % deductions?

Lerner is not actively looking to sell the club now.

As above?

Ok, so you have 'explained' the last few games.

What about all the other stuff on that list that has been put on here recently ?

How do explain that ? bad luck, no money, injuries ?

Or just a shite manager ?

Just a recap for those who may have forgotten.

1. Biggest defeat in premiership history (8-0 chelsea)

2. Worst start to a season since we've been in the premiership (his first season)

3. First manager since we've been in the premiership to have two seasons or more and hasn't achieved a top ten finish

4. Most home defeats in a single season ever

5. Most defeats over a season in our premiership history (20 last season)

6. Most goals let in over a season since we've been in the premiership (over 60 last season)

7. Five defeats in a row without scoring for the first time in our entire history

8. Six defeats in a row for the first time since we've been in the premiership and also beyond (47 years)

9. First manager to lose to a fourth tier side over two legs in a cup semi-final

10. First time we've gone out of cup competitions three years on the spin to lower league opposition?

11. 23 defeats in 36 games the worst run any manager has ever had at this club?

Horrific.

I think you're ignoring the last two and a half years.

Corrected ;)

Thought I came into the Paul Lambert thread or have I hit the English grammar thread instead?   :suspect:

Bet some of these are a right "dead" laugh in the pub. 

Single or married to death the usual cause off it. 

Thank you for explaining to me why I'm over reacting.

Thank you for explaining to me why I'm over reacting.

We deserved to draw with Spurs, we deserved to lose to QPR - 'should be losing to those sort of teams?' We have a suprisingly decent record against some of the top teams, not saying we should expect to beat them but i would hope we would at least 'try' not to lose, which we really didn't.

Over reacting? Blimey I must have dreamt the last 2 and a bit seasons of disasters and record breaking results and humiliations then.

It's amazing that the are fans who still think like this. Lambert and Lerner must be delighted they still exist.

• Like 4

I think Lambert has been unfortunate to have had those 5 games kill off the momentum we had. Tbh it will take a huge transformation to get us back up for it, and to be fair he's managed it a few times with us when we've looked dead and buried. For some reason I just can't see it happening this time. I said I'd give him 4 or 5 transfer windows to see what he can build and time is running out now. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go after two more poor results, and having to pay off four years of new contract will be another disaster for Randy.

• Like 1

I don't get the hype about Moyes.

It took him the best part of ten years to get Everton established.

He expected to go to Man Utd and start another long term rebuilding process - but the fans were not prepared to wait that long, and with their history - who could blame them?

He would be a disastrous appointment for us in my opinion.

We should have pulled all the stops out to get Martinez when we had the chance.

The only good to come out of the Lambert era is Benteke, Vlaar, and the emergence of Delph and Guzan.

He does need to go, but all I could see replacing him would be someone like Pulis.

Am I being unfair?

Nope youre not and im shouting for Lambert to be given to new year. With Pulis you will be getting one step forward and two steps back. People who make very valid reasons and arguments for getting rid of Lambert now, then go off spouting about Pulis loose credibility with me.
It is indeed ridiculous to believe that the Manager of the Year, who saved a team who looked certain to go down less than a calendar year ago, could possibly benefit this sinking club in any way.
Yes thats what the one step forward would be. The two steps back would be when he starts to bring in players such as crouch, palalious and adams and play them like cave men.

You ever wonder why stoke fans were delighted to get shot and why Crystal Palace didnt try their upmost to get him to stay. But hey he got manager of the year over a 6 month period so he must be the next Mourinho.

As opposed to players like Sylla, Luna, Tonev etc.

Palace didn't 'play like cavemen' last season, they simply didn't.

I also note that his teams finished above ours in both of Lambert's seasons in charge. Seems more like two or three steps forward and possibly half a step back to me.

You surely aren't comparing 3 players who cost a combined fee of 25mill with little or no sell on value with 3 young players that cost less than a fifth of that, never mind wages of over 200k a week compared to around 40k a week.

Thats the kind of hobby horse dung Pulis wanted to take into palace the first chance he got and Palace told him to go and have a run and jump.

Edited by HeyAnty

It is possible that Lambert is still with us and on a 4 year contract simply because Lerner has no idea who he would get as a replacement.

Lerner is hardly the greatest businessman in the world but he couldnt be that stupid since he was out of contract in summer and wouldnt have to pay him off

Â