Paul Lambert

limpid

He said the horse has bolted as well. He knows his time is up. He is as good as gone. And now AVFCTranferTweet is reporting him gone, it is pretty much nailed on. That guy always has his finger on the pulse. ;)

Edited by diehardvillan

Pretty much confirmed he is off. Talking past sense. 'They will be in the prem league next season and loved every minute of it.' Goodbye Paul. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for the memories? That will be like the US Army thanking the Vietcong for the memories.

It was a joke of course.

He's played for the 3-0 defeat in this second-half. Yet we have to pretend that he is an improvement on Alex McLeish for some reason.

At least he never managed Blues. ;)

Pity he didn't, they'd be in the 1st Div now!

• Like 1

Hopefully that is the last we'll see of Lambert. Worst manager I have seen down the club.

Not been a fan long then??
You disagree?

25 years I can remember. Can't quite remember McNeil but Lambert has even been worse than Venglos

I do - been a villa fan more than twice as long - so have seen worse (managers and players). Lambert is one in a line we have had with two chairmen who cut costs - one did at least put his on money into the club and one who just took money out.
What you after a medal for being older?! Xela used the term "worst manager he can remember".

What a stupid comment!!! All I said was had he been a fan for long! and I pointed out that in MY Time I had seen worse so what's your problem??
i am interested to see who you think was worse naz. I go back as far as tommy doc and i would certainly class him as one of if not the worst for lack of obvious ability

Why would anyone 'follow' our manager's daughter on Twitter, anyway? Seems a bit odd.

People want them ITK links or maybe just to get in her pants, but it seems like Bennett has bagged that one.

Wish him well in whatever he does but he just isn't up to the task.

Granted he had restrictions on him but it isn't as clear cut as that; the cup exits the baffling formations he doesn't even know his strong team yet after 2 seasons.

As I said I wish him well he will go on to be a decent manager at a smaller club i'd imagine but this club needs wholesale changes from top to bottom and he will have to be part of that process.

• Like 2

Be staggered if he stays after hearing him on radio WM

"ive loved every minute here"  - and quite a few other comments in the past tense. I almost thought he was going to spill the beans at one point. He either knows Lerner is going to sack him - or new owners are incoming with a new manager.

Dire since the Chelsea game, sure he's made mistakes , but the heap all or even the majority of the blame on him - is shooting the wrong fox IMO.

Bye Paul, shame you come to our club in such desperate times, and worked for a chairman who has little interest in how we do - I always got the impression you were very proud to be Manager of Aston Villa, and believe you did your best. Good Luck.

I agree with this, I still like Lambert the man, but us Villa fans deserve much better than that tripe served up on the pitch each week, and I'm not talking about the results.

• Like 2

Hopefully that is the last we'll see of Lambert. Worst manager I have seen down the club.

Not been a fan long then??
You disagree?

25 years I can remember. Can't quite remember McNeil but Lambert has even been worse than Venglos

I do - been a villa fan more than twice as long - so have seen worse (managers and players). Lambert is one in a line we have had with two chairmen who cut costs - one did at least put his on money into the club and one who just took money out.
What you after a medal for being older?! Xela used the term "worst manager he can remember".

What a stupid comment!!! All I said was had he been a fan for long! and I pointed out that in MY Time I had seen worse so what's your problem??

Yours was stupid and patronising to xela. Then to twist it into a doug v randy statement wasn't clever either. The original comment was about the manager not the chairman. Wrong thread.

Sky Sports understands he's getting sacked.   [new 3 year deal it is then]

There had better be a **** plan in place, that's all I can say. If half the summer is wasted with uncertainty either of the manager or the ownership it's only going to make it harder again next season.

• Like 3

There had better be a **** plan in place, that's all I can say. If half the summer is wasted with uncertainty either of the manager or the ownership it's only going to make it harder again next season.

Agreed. I hope Lerner isn't just caving into fan pressure with no idea what to do next.

I said this earlier it's VERY important that the club/owners have a plan. Whether it's Randy or someone else they need to have a plan, we can't go into the new season pondering and planning and wasting time.

The club is at a such a delicate stage.

2 years wasted under Lambert, when he leaves everything will have to be rebuilt yet again.

On a bigger note the same goes for our owner, when and if he goes the whole club will have to be rebuilt.

Atm the only thing still good about this club is the fans

Â