Paul Lambert

limpid

How can you say that and accuse me of coming up with nonsense? First of all you're comparing "luck" in games with luck in injuries. They're two completely different things. I wouldn't say we were particularly lucky or unlucky as far as games are concerned but we've certainly been unlucky with injuries.

Er, because luck, whether in games or with injuries normally leads to greater or fewer points. 

I'm assuming when posters refer to 'bad luck with injuries' they are saying that we would have gotten a healthier tally with better luck. How does this need explaining?

I know how luck works thanks.

All I'm doing is disputing this notion that we had lots of luck in the first half of the season.

I'm certainly not going to but if you feel the need go back and read this thread around Xmas time. There were plenty of posters warning that we were riding our luck at the time and quite frankly some of the replies were out of order. We were getting played off the park quite often and getting away with results. 

All that has happened is the luck has evened out. But that is only my opinion based on what my own eyes saw.

I never said people weren't saying it, I just don't believe we did ride our luck that much. People often mistake well executed counter-attacking victories for "luck".

It really doesn't matter though does it. What matters is where we finish and going by that we haven't improved. So much for the mid table position which was always build on sand.

If its where we finish then we neither improved or gone backwards. Considering the injuries that's not bad.

The performances and style of football has regressed immeasurably though compared to the back-end of last season.

Lambert annoys me with his post match comments. Saying today was a step too far after Wednesdays effort??

Deary me, what a load of bollocks

I didn't think it was luck but I also didn't think the way we were playing and getting a few results was sustainable.

We were relying on moments of individual brilliance (bacuna freekick, delph wonder goal) rather than good football and a well executed plan.

I think injuries are over used as a reason for our struggles. There were still games we looked absolutely awful in with benteke or kozak playing in them.

• Like 1

Lambert annoys me with his post match comments. Saying today was a step too far after Wednesdays effort??

Deary me, what a load of bollocks

Good god. First of all its embarrassing to think our players couldn't compete today because of trying so hard in a 4-0 loss. And secondly if he knew that why not use other players? You know the other ones he's signed that do nothing.

The club needs a massive overhaul. New chairman, new chief executive, new manager, new assistant manager, new coaches, new scouts and about 8 new players.

The club is a total shambles from top to bottom

Agreed, but this root and all change wont be able to be implemented overnight.

The greatest importance will be next years manager, we need to be settled on the pitch whatever the state of the backroom.

In saying that Im not averse to Lambert staying but I fear it may be too late for a lot of the fans.

I never said people weren't saying it, I just don't believe we did ride our luck that much. People often mistake well executed counter-attacking victories for "luck".

A little patronising. I assure you that I and a fair few others can tell the difference between that and 'sit back and hope' football. Anyway I'm done. You believe we've been unlucky, I believe luck has evened out and just glad to still be in this division.

A little patronising. I assure you that I and a fair few others can tell the difference between that and 'sit back and hope' football. Anyway I'm done. You believe we've been unlucky, I believe luck has evened out and just glad to still be in this division.

How is it patronising?

Actually, I specifically said earlier that I don't think we've been particularly lucky or unlucky with regards to games this season. It's only injuries where we've been really unlucky.

Were there any games this season we were particularly unlucky not to win? Can't think of any off the top of my head, but have wiped most of the season from my memory.

Were there any games this season we were particularly unlucky not to win? Can't think of any off the top of my head, but have wiped most of the season from my memory.

Everton at home comes to mind.

I think there were quite a few more games we were unlucky to lose though.

Could say we were unlucky to not get a point against chelsea at the start of the season.

Using your logic though would you not credit Everton for executing a good football plan?

Probably Hull away and even that's stretching it. Chelsea away we were unlucky in regards to a few massive referee mistakes.

Using your logic though would you not credit Everton for executing a good football plan?

To an extent, but we did miss a penalty.

If he goes then whilst I won't be shedding any tears, there will be an element of regret. I still think he's the man for the job in the long term.

One thing is for sure, if he does go, he will leave behind a far better squad for the next incumbent than the previous four managers did.

It's a results games and lambert's haven't been good enough, simple as that. I just think there is a lot more to it than that.

• Like 1

How is it patronising?

Actually, I specifically said earlier that I don't think we've been particularly lucky or unlucky with regards to games this season. It's only injuries where we've been really unlucky.

But Mantis. Take the game vs Man City at home for example. They had 20 shots ,we had  8. They had 8 shots on goal we had 4. So we scored on 3 out of 4 chances  which is incredibly effective. Couple that with the fact that Man City also had 2 shots that hit the bar, there was a certain part of "luck" which played it's part in that certain game. I don't say we didn't play well, cause we cernantly did. But to win games like that you got to have a little

"luck" going in your favor.

How is it patronising?

This really is the last I'm going to write. So here goes:

You think that our luck in games has been even over the season but that we have been unlucky with injuries = unlucky overall.

I think we have had more than our share of luck in games but agree we have been hampered more than most by injuries = evened out luck.

BTW - inferring in your own words that people 'often mistake well executed counter-attacking victories for "luck"'whereas as you obviously 'see' something that others don't, is patronising.

I'm going out now so wish everyone including your good self the best for the new season ahead.

One thing is for sure, if he does go, he will leave behind a far better squad for the next incumbent than the previous four managers did.

So you think this squad is better than the one mcleish left? Yet he's had a worse year than McLeish. So I'm not sure why you'd think he was the man for the job.

Cardiff away. Marshall was immense for them.

On the flipside Cardiff missed a couple of sitters and should have had a pen before Marshall kept them in it.

Â