Paul Lambert

limpid

Strange goings on indeed.

A new excuse to be jumped on I guess. Can't wait to secure premiership survival and hope for real change this summer.

Why not wait until people do use it as an excuse rather than posting an argumentative statement like this?

The manager started to use it as an excuse after the last abysmal performance and loss.

I reckon Lambert might end up at either Sunderland or Celtic next season.

The Lanisters have even got our Lion on their flag.

I think he'd just be lucky to be in work next season, thats not being angry or wishing it on him i just genuinely think so. Will have to rebuild his rep after this if he does go, hes gone from hot property and one of the best young managers to where we are now.

Dare I dream... Van Gaal? De Boer? ^_^

It will be neither, sadly.

Well of course not, we already know its Klopp, okay?

Meh...

Typical fan, lowering your expectations

Van Gaal > Klopp

I'd be happy with Klopp but I'd ecstatic with Van Gaal.

I reckon Lambert might end up at either Sunderland or Celtic next season.

The Lanisters have even got our Lion on their flag.

I think he'd just be lucky to be in work next season, thats not being angry or wishing it on him i just genuinely think so. Will have to rebuild his rep after this if he does go, hes gone from hot property and one of the best young managers to where we are now.

I'd laugh if he did end up at Sunderland they seem to hate him for some reason, I think it's because he reminds them of O'neill. Apparently Poyet has cast doubts about his future as well.

Dare I dream... Van Gaal? De Boer? ^_^

It will be neither, sadly.

Well of course not, we already know its Klopp, okay?

Meh...

Typical fan, lowering your expectations

Van Gaal > Klopp

I'd be happy with Klopp but I'd ecstatic with Van Gaal.

We all know it is going to be Sam Hammam with Joe Kinnear.  :P

Steve Clamp @SteveClampITV 

latest #AstonVilla - I understand Cowans & Given were involved today & squad enjoyed training 'more than they have in months' @ITVCentral

Apparently there is stuff going around on the internet that some of the players made their own way home from Selhurst Park. I haven't read it myself, there was clearly somthing not right between 1st team players and management/coaches. Apparently Allbrighton was one of the team that made his own way home?? 

If sid has more influence now we might see players like Marc a bit more from now on in. Why not have the likes of Graham and Robinson on the bench aswell for some unpredictability? Were so predictable in attack.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

I'm glad he's given shay another chance.

In all seriousness, I am intrigued to know who has chosen Shay for this post, the board? Lambert? Sid?

Proper random

I imagine it wont make a great deal of difference anyway. It will probably be Lambert and Sid deciding the tactics and doing the motivating, then Given putting cones around the training ground and shouting "nice shot!...... nice pass!....... Ooo Brad that wasn't a good save, I'll put that in my notes for the manager"

Will we be the new FC Holywood? ...

Two trusted Lambert lieutenants out, but Lambert's job is not threatened? Hmmmm. Right. Ok. If you say so.

Cowans in is understandable. But Shay Given?!?! Is that another Shay Given than the uber expensive goalie in the Bomb Squad, we've tried to off load for a couple of years now?

In another Telegraph article it says, we're cutting life support to dead woods : Luna, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius and Tonev.

Those 5 might be bought cheap and are all on cheap (for PL standard) wages, but we could have had 1 good player for the same money instead of those 5.

Lambert not wanting him as a player, is not the same as not wanting him as a coach. Very very different.

• Like 3

As long as I never have to see 5 in the back again, I'll be happy

I can't wait to see your reaction when Antonio Conte is unveiled as the new manager next season ;)

Â