Paul Lambert

limpid

Those 5 might be bought cheap and are all on cheap (for PL standard) wages, but we could have had 1 good player for the same money instead of those 5.

What if that one player got injured? Lambert had to build a squad.

Does look a bit like Lambert is a figurehead, doesn't it?

We are a laughing stock aren't we 

We've still some way to go if we want to outdo the Tyneside clubs in that regard. Di Canio and Kinnear are pretty hard acts to follow, and Tan's hijinks far outstretch this.

We're never gonna win anything are we? :(

BTW, for those whose Swedish is a bit rusty, I think the last paragraph of that story reads roughly as

"It is very painful to see how things are at the club right now. Management, which just a few days ago came out with a Baghdad Bob-statement in which they urged all to be united and support the team, seem more and more like they do not know how to run a professional club."

That is not rusty at all.

• Like 1

Those 5 might be bought cheap and are all on cheap (for PL standard) wages, but we could have had 1 good player for the same money instead of those 5.

Building a squad of poor players is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Remember as far as we know they've only been suspended, which indicates they'll still be getting paid. My own opinion now is that Lambert will leave at the end of the season, in a similar fashion to MON in terms of us not knowing exactly if he gets sacked or walks of his own accord.

Yep, I think Lambert's doomed.

Well, strictly speaking, Lambert took over a squad and decided - maybe (almost certainly) under instructions - to jettison a number of them, ignore the players available in our youth team, and buy in a load of lower league/overseas players, half or more of whom aren't good enough to play in the premier league.

All very interesting things going on this afternoon!

Mayby reading into something that isn't there, but tony moon tweeted just after the news broke about it being a beautiful day in Birmingham

I thought that when I saw it too. No more LUNA WHERE ARE YOU GOING shouts

Remember as far as we know they've only been suspended, which indicates they'll still be getting paid. My own opinion now is that Lambert will leave at the end of the season, in a similar fashion to MON in terms of us not knowing exactly if he gets sacked or walks of his own accord.

Yep, I think Lambert's doomed.

I know for sure that a deal has been there on the table though, so if he does leave it isn't something that has been on the cards for long. Maybe a takeover is on the cards.

I still fail to see how the idea that this is due to Lambert backing Sid over Culverhouse explains why Karsa has gone too. Not to mention why Given, of the 'Bomb squad' would be appointed assistant?

The playerd quoted were Luna, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius and Tonev.

Luna - who we raved about at the start of the season

Sylla - Who many say was a kep reason we stayed up last season, with his performances at the end.

Bowery - Fair enough, indefensible.

Helenius - who many want called up to the first team.

Tonev - same as helenius

Would certainly say they're more useful than a chocolate teapot.

Lambert must be the luckiest manager out there at the moment. Results, another season going pear shaped, the fans ready to turn and now he will get the utmost sympathy from the fans because he has another a ready made excuse for the shambles he has presided over since joining the club.

Edited by shaggy

Mick Dennis tweeted that in Lambert's career, Culverhouse has always done the training and team selections, and Karsa has always dealt with the tactics.

What does Lambert actually do?

Thats something I have been wondering for two years now, hopefully his job isnt motivating the players. Lambert could talk a glass eye to sleep

Surely the person in charge of tactics has to also be in charge of selecting the 11 players to carry those out?

The playerd quoted were Luna, Sylla, Bowery, Helenius and Tonev.

Luna - who we raved about at the start of the season

Sylla - Who many say was a kep reason we stayed up last season, with his performances at the end.

Bowery - Fair enough, indefensible.

Helenius - who many want called up to the first team.

Tonev - same as helenius

Would certainly say they're more useful than a chocolate teapot.

Luna - scored against Arsenal but was utterly shit other than that

Sylla - has been dreadful all season

Bowery - Bowery

Helenius - who does?

Tonev - only because people are hoping he won't be as bad as Weimann.

5 utterly hopeless signings.

Lambert must be the luckiest manager out there at the moment. Results and another season going pear shaped and now he will get the utmost sympathy from the fans because he has another a ready made excuse for the shambles he has presided over since joining the club.

If VT is anything to go by sympathy might be in short supply.

Could it be that as these two did the tactics and team selection and these have been the biggest bone of contention with us that the players also are not happy with the situation. just looking at the way we have been playing recently it is as if we have the brakes on and the players are not giving their all, Could it be that PL will remain a figure head till the end of the season and SID and Shay will sort the rest out. maybe Saturdays match will show us.

Â