Paul Lambert

limpid

Two scenarios: 1) The board do this against Lambert's wishes. The aim is to get him to resign. 2) The board pick Culverhouse and Karsa as scapegoats to take pressure off Lambert, meaning Lambert will stay and get money next summer.

And if there is a reasonable reason to suspend Culverhouse and Karsa, the comments from Lambert about "other things going on" and the message from Faulkner makes perfectly sense. My money is on scenario 2.

Edited by DeepDish

All this board trying to get him to resign is rubbish, we know very well villa wait until the end of the season to deal with things and if their intentions towards lambert will only be known then not now. Obviously the two have done enough to warrant suspensions. They haven't been suspended for nothing in the hope that lambert walks with 5 games to go and we save a few quid, deary me.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

Strange goings on indeed.

A new excuse to be jumped on I guess. Can't wait to secure premiership survival and hope for real change this summer.

I guess getting it "in there" that this will be used as an "excuse" is more important than what's actually happening at the club.

Good work BJ.

I don't think anything posted on a message board is more important than what's happening at the club. Strange thing to say.

Well, for a fair while a large proportion of people on here have been saying that something needs to change, and some mentioned using Gordon Cowans in either a full managerial role or as an assistant to galvanise and unify the squad. Now that Lambert's two toxic dummies have been given the boot we will see what effect it may have.

The way I see it is that this move has done that without taking the manager out of the firing line. Stay up and Sid is a hero, go down and Lambert is the fall guy.

Keeping Lambert as manager protects a great servant to the club. It will be great to see him on the touchline on Saturday, barking out instructions whilst Lambert hides away in the dugout. I bet the shackles will come off now.

Either way, there is no way Lambert will be here next season. His two best buddies have gone and I bet you Cowans will advise against picking Holt, Lambert's favourite player. Gabby up top with Weimann on Saturday I think.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Somehow the swedes say it better...

http://www.svenskafans.com/england/kaos-i-aston-villa-505872.aspx

Kaos-i-Aston-Villa.jpg
Ny coach i Aston Villa. Vem kunde gissa det?
Kaos i Aston Villa

Två ledare avstänga.

Aston Villa har stängt av assisterande manageren Ian Culverhouse samt Head of Football Operations, Gary Karsa under pågående utredning. Exakt vad som har hänt, och vad som utreds är det ingen riktigt som vet ännu. Men det verkar som om det var något bråk med Gabby och Delph, som sonika blev petade i matchen i lördags. Massa olika rykten som florerar på internet. Inte bra alls, naturligtvis. Som om det inte var illa ställt inom klubben innan. 

Ersättare blir Gordon Cowans samt målvakten Shay Given.

Paul Lambert säger i ett uttalande: "Jag är nöjd över att han Gordon och Shay för att hjälpa mig att förbereda laget inför lördagen och det är det som hela gruppen är fokuserade på."

Cowans säger: "Managern har bett mig att assistera honom och jag kommer att göra mitt yttersta för klubben och managern för att förbereda laget inför lördagens match mot Southampton"

Culverhouse har tidigare varit ifrågasatt då han bland annat har råkat i luven på supportrarna inne på arenan vid något tillfälle.

Det är mycket smärtsamt att se hur det är ställt inom klubben just nu. Ledningen, som bara för ett par dagar sedan kom ut med en Baghdad Bob-uttalande där de manade alla att vara eniga och stötta laget, framstår mer och mer som om de inte vet hur man ska driva en professionell klubb. 

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Not ITK - but seems like a move to undermine Lambert and get him to walk without paying compensation.

I can 100% guarantee that is not the case.

How can you guarantee that?

I'll write it on a certificate and sign it ;)

:) but you must have some info to say 100% guarantee that is not the case, else why say it?

Strange goings on indeed.

A new excuse to be jumped on I guess. Can't wait to secure premiership survival and hope for real change this summer.

Why not wait until people do use it as an excuse rather than posting an argumentative statement like this?

• Like 4

Lambert approved the suspensions! But....But.... What about how he's being deliberately undermined and forced out?

Money Talks...

Youre out Lambo - but keep us up and theres a whopping pay off.  ....I really don't see much else feasible......other than, Lambo suddenley thinks a washed up goalkeeper, and a youth team coach with average results at the Level are actually going to cut it with the first team....

BTW, for those whose Swedish is a bit rusty, I think the last paragraph of that story reads roughly as

"It is very painful to see how things are at the club right now. Management, which just a few days ago came out with a Baghdad Bob-statement in which they urged all to be united and support the team, seem more and more like they do not know how to run a professional club."

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Routine suspension of staff is hardly evidence of a crisis. Some are making a mountain out of a molehill.

A football club, the dismissal of coaching staff is rarley the prelude to better things - Its a big deal.

Routine suspension of staff is hardly evidence of a crisis. Some are making a mountain out of a molehill.

This would be true if it didn't involve a football club.

Somehow the swedes say it better...

http://www.svenskafans.com/england/kaos-i-aston-villa-505872.aspx

Kaos-i-Aston-Villa.jpg
Ny coach i Aston Villa. Vem kunde gissa det?
Kaos i Aston Villa

Två ledare avstänga.

Aston Villa har stängt av assisterande manageren Ian Culverhouse samt Head of Football Operations, Gary Karsa under pågående utredning. Exakt vad som har hänt, och vad som utreds är det ingen riktigt som vet ännu. Men det verkar som om det var något bråk med Gabby och Delph, som sonika blev petade i matchen i lördags. Massa olika rykten som florerar på internet. Inte bra alls, naturligtvis. Som om det inte var illa ställt inom klubben innan. 

Ersättare blir Gordon Cowans samt målvakten Shay Given.

Paul Lambert säger i ett uttalande: "Jag är nöjd över att han Gordon och Shay för att hjälpa mig att förbereda laget inför lördagen och det är det som hela gruppen är fokuserade på."

Cowans säger: "Managern har bett mig att assistera honom och jag kommer att göra mitt yttersta för klubben och managern för att förbereda laget inför lördagens match mot Southampton"

Culverhouse har tidigare varit ifrågasatt då han bland annat har råkat i luven på supportrarna inne på arenan vid något tillfälle.

Det är mycket smärtsamt att se hur det är ställt inom klubben just nu. Ledningen, som bara för ett par dagar sedan kom ut med en Baghdad Bob-uttalande där de manade alla att vara eniga och stötta laget, framstår mer och mer som om de inte vet hur man ska driva en professionell klubb. 

Hey! I broke it to them first on that forum!

Â