Paul Lambert

limpid

& by the same argument & observation those who are 100% still behind him in what he is trying to build & achieve here( of which I am certainly one) don't stop losing sight of the project he has undertaken or want him gone because of an unfavourable result & performance.

And the difference is that nobody is trying to make out that you are fickle for holding such an opinion.

• Like 1

First manager to ever keep me away from Villa Park. been 3 times this season. Tottenham (LC), Sunderland and United. Just simply not going again until there is a dramatic improvement that is sustained. 

That said, do I want him sacked? I think Im passed caring. I wouldnt be bothered if I woke up and he was gone anymore than if i woke up and he is still here (which he will be). 

Spose Im well aware of the list of possible candidates that will be drawn up should he be relieved of his duties. Another 'next manager thread' with a disappointing appointment about 5/6 weeks later?? **** that.

Six points from the last 3 games, would of thought we would get 4. Though the problem is the next three games, we could easily lose all three.

We could easily lose any 3 games at any point in time right now though. The likelihood is that we won't

• Like 1

Six points from the last 3 games, would of thought we would get 4. Though the problem is the next three games, we could easily lose all three.

We could easily lose any 3 games at any point in time right now though. 

So true, in fact today was the first time i have been confident about a game for ages. Literally years.

Still quite like Lambert (or I wouldn't trust lerner to get anyone better) - I said even after the chelsea game that was a long way from being a good villa side - the quality just isn't there - sure on a good day - when when most players put in a performance out of there skin we look good. But today our stalwarts didn't show up - Vlaar wasn't there to repeatedly save Bakers ass as he was against chelsea - throw in a poor Bacunna performance and the seeds of are defeat were quickly sown.

I didn't see Chelsea as a new dawn - that squad still needs massive surgery in the summer 

Here we go...

What do you mean?

The usual knee-jerk reactions to a bad performance/result. Don't get me wrong, I thought we were **** awful and there are lots of things Lambert needs to improve on, I just don't see why he should be sacked. At the end of the day it's just one defeat and nobody was saying he should be sacked this time last week.

It just seems as if there's no middle ground.

i was still hoping he would be sacked. Your desire to defend the man clouds your thinking in my opinion. Its not about single matches its about the season as a whole and todays performance (if you can call it that) was a perfect reflection of the shite football that lambert has typically inflicted on us.

What are you on about?  We tried all game to pass the ball on the ground and make something happen but our young inexperienced team got schooled by a more experienced Stoke team.  Too many of our players lost there way today.  That's what happens when you run a Premiership team on a Championship budget. You end up with a shit squad and an inconsistent first team.  I find it hard to blame the manager when you consider the constraints under which he is working.

• Like 2

1 step forward and 1 step back at the moment. We aren't going to leave midtable.

but yesterday Lambert subs were poor. Why not give the lad Robinson a game or have Lowton on the bench or even a midfielder from the youth team as Sylla is finished as a premier league player. he has no ability or confidence at moment

No plan B at the moment.

If someone in the starting lineup gets injured we go to pot. As soon as Sylla and Albrighton came on we were doomed. It just didn't work.

Not the fault of Sylla and Albrighton, our system just requires us to play a certain way and if that falls apart we don't seem to have anything to fall back on.

Disappointing.

34 is our points total after 30 games since O'Neill left

2010/2011 16th 33

2011/2012 15th 33

2012/2013 18th 30

2013/2014 11th 34

There you go then, gradual improvement whilst shifting the wage drainers.  Job going to plan.  I just hope there will be some investment to push on.

There simply should be no finger pointing at Lambert for this defeat. The opening 10mins showed what we are capable of and then his players completely and utterly let him down with some truly horrific performances, particularly Bacuna and Baker. The goals they let happen where lower than pub league, simply not good enough and out of order.

This result also highlights the lack of investment in the squad. I think the turning point was the KEA booking early on, he then couldn't play his usual game and the tempo changed, he goes off and not long after weimann. We simply don't have anyone to come on that will make a difference or like for like.

No plan B at the moment.

If someone in the starting lineup gets injured we go to pot. As soon as Sylla and Albrighton came on we were doomed. It just didn't work.

Not the fault of Sylla and Albrighton, our system just requires us to play a certain way and if that falls apart we don't seem to have anything to fall back on.

Disappointing.

I've noted Mark making the point that when any of our first teamers become injured our performances take a nose dive because our second string just aren't up to the job of playing in the Premiership and he rarely blames Lambert for that due to the restrictions the manager is working under.

That's where I differ in that the manager has signed the players and should take some of the responsibility for those players just not being good enough.

If Lambert was sacked and that's not going to happen anytime soon then there would have to be another mass clear out not necessarily because the new manager would want his own players but simply that the majority of players signed by Lambert are not up to the required standard and more often than not he seems to have to purchase several players for one position until he hits on the right player. Not good when you are on a limited budget.

No plan B at the moment.

Disappointing.

I've noted Mark making the point that when any of our first teamers become injured our performances take a nose dive because our second string just aren't up to the job of playing in the Premiership and he rarely blames Lambert for that due to the restrictions the manager is working under.

That's where I differ in that the manager has signed the players and should take some of the responsibility for those players just not being good enough.

If Lambert was sacked and that's not going to happen anytime soon then there would have to be another mass clear out not necessarily because the new manager would want his own players but simply that the majority of players signed by Lambert are not up to the required standard and more often than not he seems to have to purchase several players for one position until he hits on the right player. Not good when you are on a limited budget.

But surely you can see why some of them aren't good enough? (yet) how is he supossed to go out and buy quality players with £2-5mill?? it just doesn't happen.

Â