Paul Lambert

limpid

What the hell were those tactics again, if we don't keep the ball we just invite the pressure and opposition scoring is inevitable. I don't mind losing if we at least try to **** win, but to lose using those kind of ultra-defensive bullshit tactics pisses me off.

The problem is they were able to make changes to improve their side and we weren't. But don't worry we didn't need to sign players in january.

Spot on, these are the games where we need an actual attacking midfielder playing in the position that Weimann was in because he can't do it. Bacuna maybe could have done better in that role but then we'd have had Lowton at right back and I think Baines would have torn him a new one to be fair.

Edited by samjp26

The problem is they were able to make changes to improve their side and we weren't. But don't worry we didn't need to sign players in january.

That was an extremely poor bench for us today. There were no game changers on it. I think more frightening than that though is that it isn't because we have 4 or 5 injuries. The only players out that regularly feature are Gabby and Kozak.

Gabby to me is our most important player away from home. You take his pace out the team and the outlet it provides and we have nothing and offer absolutely no threat. Shows how painfully weak our squad is though that when Vlaar is out the defence looks poor, when Gabby or Benteke are out the attack looks poor and take Delph out and an already poor midfield becomes dire.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

That was an extremely poor bench for us today. There were no game changers on it. I think more frightening that that though is that it isn't because we have 4 or 5 injuries. The only players out that regularly feature are Gabby and Kozak.

Gabby to me is our most important player away from home. You take his pace out the team and the outlet it provides and we have nothing and offer absolutely no threat. Shows how painfully weak our squad is though that when Vlaar is out the defence looks poor, when Gabby or Benteke are out the attack looks poor and take Delph out and an already poor midfield and it becomes dire.

Which is exactly why i'm dissappointed why we didn't bring in better in the transfer window.

That was an extremely poor bench for us today. There were no game changers on it. I think more frightening that that though is that it isn't because we have 4 or 5 injuries. The only players out that regularly feature are Gabby and Kozak.

Gabby to me is our most important player away from home. You take his pace out the team and the outlet it provides and we have nothing and offer absolutely no threat. Shows how painfully weak our squad is though that when Vlaar is out the defence looks poor, when Gabby or Benteke are out the attack looks poor and take Delph out and an already poor midfield and it becomes dire.

Which is exactly why i'm dissappointed why we didn't bring in better in the transfer window.

Need to clear something up BJ. Were you happy or disappointed by the transfer window?

Need to clear something up BJ. Were you happy or disappointed by the transfer window?

Haha you know i was worried my opinion wouldn't be clear. I'll have to start making my point better.

Haha you know i was worried my opinion wouldn't be clear. I'll have to start making my point better.

Hmmm so still avoiding the answer huh...

Hmmm so still avoiding the answer huh...

Not sure if this is part of the joke or serious.

• Like 1

This is precisely why I don't like Paul Lambert. I was fully behind him until this dog football. We clearly showed we can play a certain way against Liverpool and WBA. Everton had injuries so why the hell did Lambert decide to sit back so much. Rubbish tactics, rubbish game management, rubbish subs. Fed up of seeing decentish performances followed up by pathetic ones because of these tactics.

Disappointing that PL didn't have more confidence against an injury weakened Everton. The formation (game plan?) clearly demonstrated that. After the last two games I thought that we'd get the ball down and play (no place for Holt other than sub). PL needs to believe!

Great minds think alike BigCarew! :D

Edited by villabromsgrove

To me in all areas we can 'eek ' by if we get injuries - we can scramble by without the coveted no 10 - The one that cripples us a Vlaar injury - We have 2 very winnable games West Ham + Cardiff - I wouldn't fancy us in either without Vlaar

Edited by smetrov

Â