Pre Match Thread

Kingman

Zamora will bully Clark he doesn't do well v players that play with their backs to goal, he doesn't know what to do. Anichebe has the same style and he always destroys him.

You're right Clark doesn't do well against strikers like that. We (as fans) know it and so should the players. Vlaar should take responsibility as the more experienced, stronger cb and mark Zamora but he never will.

That's an odd comment to make about Vlaar.

About the best team he could put out. Can only assume Hutton is injured.

The front 3 should cause QPR problems at least.

My only worries are Lowton and Sanchez. Neither have been great in their last appearances for us so to come straight in and perform will be asking a lot.

3 big question marks in the lineup: will Clark, Lowton and Sanchez be up to speed. all played little-to-no football this season. I especially worry about Lowton - if they've got sense they'll put Vargas against him and he's quality.

on the more positive side, our front 3 should cause them problems and hopefully Cleverley can push on and support the attack with Sanchez and Westwood there to sit.

glad Richardson has been dropped, he's been completely anonymous for several matches running. N'Zogbia hasn't done enough to warrant a place either, Weimann is limited but more likely to make a telling impact.

Zamora will bully Clark he doesn't do well v players that play with their backs to goal, he doesn't know what to do. Anichebe has the same style and he always destroys him.

You're right Clark doesn't do well against strikers like that. We (as fans) know it and so should the players. Vlaar should take responsibility as the more experienced, stronger cb and mark Zamora but he never will.
That's an odd comment to make about Vlaar.

Well he comes here with the nick name concrete, so you'd expect him to really strong, but he has always allowed the weaker CB to mark the bigger cf. That is why even at times last year when Clark looked better than baker, baker was getting the nod because Vlaar doesn't like the donkey work. For me he should be taking responsibility in those situations. No doubt people will say Clark plays on left and Vlaar on right, but I wouldn't be surprised to Clark marking Zamora when he swaps sides as well.

My only worries are Lowton and Sanchez. Neither have been great in their last appearances for us so to come straight in and perform will be asking a lot.

I disagree in terms of team selection.  Our 2 most creative talents are on the bench and our most proven goalscorer outside of Benteke is also. Let's hope Lambo has got it right for once in a long while.

I disagree in terms of team selection.  Our 2 most creative talents are on the bench and our most proven goalscorer outside of Benteke is also. Let's hope Lambo has got it right for once in a long while.

Who?

Just had to check the bench to see who you were talking about. N'Zogbia? Cole? Bent? You'd play those 3 in place of Gabby, Benteke and Weimann?

Just had to check the bench to see who you were talking about. N'Zogbia? Cole? Bent? You'd play those 3 in place of Gabby, Benteke and Weimann?

I would be happier if at least 2 of those players were on the pitch - yes.  Hopefully the usual suspects in the usual formation getting the usual poor results will perform today though.

I disagree in terms of team selection. Our 2 most creative talents are on the bench and our most proven goalscorer outside of Benteke is also. Let's hope Lambo has got it right for once in a long while.

I think there's options to not just play the same way over and over again, which has not worked much over the last few years.