Pre Match Thread

Kingman

The reaction to Clark is very similar to the reaction to Baker against Liverpool.

Therefore we're going to win.

B0-biM2CcAAEvjZ.jpg

Surely we can beat that pile of shit.

I dont think we will. get ready folks, if things start bad lambert's gunna get some stick. No grealish wha a joke. where is hutton as well? I don't think lambert rates okore, clark is awful
Can anyone translate this?

just fyi, apparently Okore isn't match fit yet. 

The reaction to Clark is very similar to the reaction to Baker against Liverpool.

Therefore we're going to win.

B0-biM2CcAAEvjZ.jpg

Surely we can beat that pile of shit.

I dont think we will. get ready folks, if things start bad lambert's gunna get some stick. No grealish wha a joke. where is hutton as well? I don't think lambert rates okore, clark is awful
Can anyone translate this?

just fyi, apparently Okore isn't match fit yet.

Yet he plays for Danish u21. He's clearly fit but he's obviously struggling performing.

Personally I'm happy to finally see Weimann, Benteke and Agbonlahor back up top. Not so happy about the defence but I think if Vlaar and Clark can make it through the first 45 and get a bit of rhythm together we could hold out

Zamora, Austin, Sandro, Caulker and maybe Vargas would all get into our team.

Zamora will bully Clark he doesn't do well v players that play with their backs to goal, he doesn't know what to do. Anichebe has the same style and he always destroys him.

Really don't get the inclusion of Lowton. He hasn't played any minutes for us at all, in anything, this season, whereas Bacuna at least got a few minutes in the cup game. Not the mention the fact that Bacuna was first choice over Lowton at RB last season. Ah well, I'm not the gaffer, maybe Lambert has seen something about him in training that means he should get the nod.

Very nervous for this one. Two teams in pretty desperate need of a win (well, desperate-ish, we really need some confidence back), and we've become so accustomed to dropping points against the lowest teams. Come on Villa, let's get this season back on track.

HOW THE **** IS GREALISH NOT EVEN ON THE BENCH?

LAMBERT OUT.

I'm not sure if this is satire but if Grealish isn't on the bench he's probably injured or ill.

Maybe he's just not ready - he showed some nice things on the ball and he's clearly got a bit about him, but in his last couple of cameos he's been positionally poor and made decisions that could have cost us. I'd personally like him on the bench as he gives us a bit of a lift, but I don't think it's an outlandish decision not to put him there.

• Like 1

Set up for counter attack?

Not really sure. Depends if our midfield plays flat or if its a true 4-3-3

I'm not sure how much more attacking he could have made the team to be honest?

If gabby and Andi play as true attackers then it's an attacking lineup.

Let's not forget, that as frustrating as counter attacking has been for us, it may not be a bad approach tonight. QPR need the points so they'll be attacking us, it's away and we should have enough pace on the break to seriously trouble them.

There's a time and a place for counter attacking, and we've chosen that time and place badly recently. But to be fair, it probably wouldn't be a bad choice tonight, at least to start with.

• Like 2

Given Fer, traditionally a CM, is apparently starting on the left I'm not as concerned about Lowton as I normally would be. Both teams are set up to attack, so should be a decent game for the neutral.

In fairness - you'd have to be a pretty keen neutral to be looking forward to this one!