Roy Keane factual facts thread

Mic09

OK, he is now with AVFC but he is and always will be a w*****r.

On the Haland incident "I'd waited long enough. I f*****g hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you word removed. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

Some hero.

I actually quoted that to a Man U friend of mine back in the day.  My argument was plain and simple - Keane is a word removed.

I don't think anyone is saying the man is a saint. He is however, hard as nails, and he's on our side. 

Lets suspend our morals for the time being until we get relegated or he eats Tekkers.

On the Haland incident "I'd waited long enough. I f*****g hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you word removed. And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries."

Some hero.

I actually quoted that to a Man U friend of mine back in the day.  My argument was plain and simple - Keane is a word removed.

I don't think anyone is saying the man is a saint. He is however, hard as nails, and he's on our side. 

Lets suspend our morals for the time being until we get relegated or he eats Tekkers.

What?

I'm glad he's (presumably) having the desired effect on the Villa squad, but it doesn't change the fact that Roy Keane was an absolute tosser as a player/human being.  Personally, I won't be "suspending my morals" and praising him unduly in a funny way simply because he's at our club (see; the contrast between this and the Tonev thread).

Edited by bobzy

Some hero.

What?

I'm glad he's (presumably) having the desired effect on the Villa squad, but it doesn't change the fact that Roy Keane was an absolute tosser as a player/human being.  Personally, I won't be "suspending my morals" and praising him unduly in a funny way simply because he's at our club (see; the contrast between this and the Tonev thread).

Its not "praise" though it is -  its a joke. We're creating a caricature of Keane whilst poking fun at ourselves for enjoying the upturn in the teams results.  I can't speak for everyone but I reckon most Villatalkers (including myself) who posted in this thread for a bit of light amusement in the afternoon agree he is (or was) a tosser.  There's not need to get all serious.

Its like the Title Chase thread. We don't all believe we're going to win the title. Its a bit of fun at the overreaction we sometimes see on here when we win or lose.

We are going to win the title though.

• Like 1

Â