Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

Where / why did anyone feel this was off ?

Some guy who came in here a few pages ago remarked that there would be "news coming through shortly that will dampen the mood slightly", although he hasn't answered anybody's questions and no "news" has come out so it was probably BS.

Rory Delap has a long throw and mjmooney is retired.

What??? How the hell did you find find that out??? :detect:

Stevo and his girlfriend told me when I met them.

Bloody ITKs.
  • Like 1

I'm fairly excited about this one and i don't know why.  I'm told he's good but had anyone really heard of him before the world cup? He's 28 and plays for an average Spanish team.  It sounds like he's the sort of player we need but I was very excited about tonev, luna and helenius last summer.  I hope he's the player many think he will be as he will certainly make a difference if he is.  

Just remember one name when it comes to great World Cups..... Gary Breen.

Danny Mills
 Danny Mills had a great World Cup???
he did yes 2002, so did Trevor sinclair

Nah, I can't be having it. Danny Mills never had a great World Cup! It can't be!

• Like 1

Just wanted to provide a more useful translation (or the gist) of the Marca article posted earlier as the google translate posted was pure gibberish:

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/13/futbol/equipos/elche/1407926327.html

Key things:

- Villa began contact with Elche about a possible deal on this past Saturday

- Sanchez has refused to train the past two days because he (and his handlers) are trying to force a deal to Villa

- Elche is a little club with big financial constraints (they sold a % of rights to their players a few years ago to a 3rd party so they could have cash to stay afloat)

- Sanchez has a release clause in his contract with Elche and the Spanish club is desperate for Villa to trigger it -> they A) need the money and B) believe that they will have to share a lower % of the eventual sale to the 3rd parties that own an interest in Sanchez if he is released from his contract rather than sold. (Frankly, I've never heard of that before, but it is what Marca alleges - the article states that Elche would owe 50% in a sale and none to third parties if the release clause is triggered).

- Elche are playing slowball with Villa trying to get them to pony up the full release clause (figure is not mentioned in the article) 

Â