-Retain Possession

-Shorter Passing

-Be more expressive

-Play out of defence

-Run at defence

-Pass into space

-Play Wider

-Be more expressive

Yes this tactic means your defence goes to shit, but equally your team will score a shitload of goals. Tried using a defensive tactic with Villa and it never works, whereas with this tactic I normally end up 5th/6th and then progress onto CL football the next season.

but how can you make the right buys if you have no money?

I got taken over towards the middle of my first season and they gave me a little bit of money in the second season. Got rid of what players i could on high wages and sold players like Benteke and replaced them with much cheaper and higher potential players. Once you start to finish high up the table on a regular basis, the money comes rolling in. Think i got a new 70,000 seater stadium in 2022. I have just about paid off all the clubs debt too.

After cutting my teeth for 3 years in the doldrums of English football I was offered the Villa job,

Finished 5th, 3rd and 2nd but won the Champions League too. Fittingly it was v Bayern. Losing 2-0 at half time and won it in the 88th minute,

Football Manager can be amazing at times! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hate the ego of those who make FM, so dismissive of issues - even though hundreds have the same problem. This tweet speaks volumes of what they think.

Huddersfield - 31 shots, 2 penalties, 68% possession. Lost 2-0...at home! *Game's broke mate*

Only today I have had a game similar to this (and even though I am the form team) I can predict when it will happen (usually a team near the bottom, and the goal scorer will have his first of the season). Second to this, I have literally just had the three sub injury.

FM are so dismissive. Would love sales to fall to force their hand.

• Like 1

I think they've made it too easy, still playing as Bilbao, won the Europa league, sat top of la liga, offered Spain job, got a player called Ibai Gomez, rated at 3 stars, I'm in January, current average rating is around 8, scored 15 goals and got 15 assists, from left wing...

This is probably the longest it's taken me to pick up the latest FM but I finally got this the other week. Usually start my main game with Villa but went straight in to the lower leagues this year with Bradford.

Spent most of the season hovering around 6th-9th but hit a great run of form towards the end of the season and finished fourth, playoffs here we come! Although part of me kind of doesn't want to get promoted 'cause I don't think the squad is anywhere near ready for the Championship, may end up losing some of my best players due to not being able to afford to renew their contracts and along with loan signings returning to their parent teams the squad will be a little threadbare come summer.

On the game itself this is probably the worst I've played for injuries - I don't think I managed to put out my best eleven once all season and at one stage had all five senior strikers out - and particularly the three sub injuries. I've all but stopped making more than two subs in a game after getting sick of finishing the game with ten men (although with Alan Sheehan in the side I kind of got used to having ten men - 4 reds plus two suspensions for cumulative yellows this season).

On a side note: Big Sam is now in charge of Villa who are currently 18th with three games to go. We also signed Jon Walters.

Went through against Preston on penalties but lost the play-off final 1-5 against Orient. I was 0-3 down to a Chris Dagnall hat-trick after 15 minutes.

Edit: Villa stayed up on the last day of the season with a 3-2 win over Chelsea.

Edited by Delphouneso

Playing as Villarreal atm. Finished my first season 3rd in La Liga but only 4 points off Real Madrid who won the league. Beat Barcelona 3-0 in the Copa Del Ray and got knocked out of the Europa League quarter final.

Built a really good team in the first season.

Sold Mussachio for £22million to PSG and Gio Dos Santos to Chelsea for £15million. 

Brought in Marquinhos for £3million and Lucas Romero for £6million and spent a bit more on adding some younger players and loans.

Second pre season though my team got pillaged. Luciano Vietto went to Arsenal for £38.5 million, Manu Trigeuros to Liverpool for £18.5 and Bruno to Real Madrid for the same price. Was actually gutted but now i'm going to have to rebuild the team.

Only just started playing this again after moving to my new pc. Didn't back the saves up so i've had to go back to 2022 on my Villa save as it's the only save on the steam cloud.

Was already half way into the season and i was unbeaten, so i tried to the unbeaten season steam achievement. Ended up having my best season yet.

29fwe14.jpg

Best player by miles.

35ktth4.jpg

• Like 1

Just won the Bundesliga with Stuttgart by 11 points in my fourth season (previous finishes: 15th, 8th & 2nd).

In my four seasons I've only had a net spend of £6m. The youth system is brilliant which has helped massively (Werner, Rudiger, Baumgartl and Ferati are incredible) but more impressively I'm only spending £34m a year on wages, a fifth of what Bayern spend and only 10th most of 18! 

Yay!

Just installed this. Actually tried the 3D match view to see if they'd improved it, so awful..

...You mean you're not using 2D Classic?!

I will be now, I just thought I'd see if they had improved the 3D engine. Unfortunately not, my goal keeper span around and kicked the ball into his own net under no pressure at all.

Only just started playing this again after moving to my new pc. Didn't back the saves up so i've had to go back to 2022 on my Villa save as it's the only save on the steam cloud.

Was already half way into the season and i was unbeaten, so i tried to the unbeaten season steam achievement. Ended up having my best season yet.

29fwe14.jpg

Best player by miles.

35ktth4.jpg

How!?  :angry:

Â