Football Manager 2015

hogso

I always start with a team that's not Villa. I try many tactics and find that balance between a home and away tactic. Once i feel i have nailed it i use Villa. You have to stick at it for the first few years and aim for Champions League. Once that happens the money starts to roll in and you pick up better players.

Try get cheap players like Balanta or Lucas Boye. They will become amazing players that you can keep for years or sell for massive profit. Don't be scared to sell off players like Benteke. I could never get him to be consistent and cashed in £40m for him.

• Like 1

Having difficulties getting into this FM to be honest, any tips on tactics for this engine? How are you all doing so well with Villa

Just attack, hope you do well enough in the league and then if you have finished in a European spot, invest all of your transfer kitty into a new defence.

Overload and very fluid

Benteke(AF-A)

Agbolahor (IF-A)           Grealish (AP-A)             Sinclair (W-A)

Delph (BTB-S)  

Westwood (DLP-D)

Cissoko (FB-AU) Okore (CD-D)  Vlaar (CD-D)  Hutton (FB-AU)

Guzan 

You will score a shitload of goals but might receive a few hammerings along the way. Normally do quite well in the first season though.

I try many tactics and find that balance between a home and away tactic.

This is the part I struggle with every year. I don't usually have a problem getting a decent home tactic working but I always struggle to nail that away tactic. I do okay against teams I'm expected to beat, and usually do okay using a counter attacking / defensive tactic against stronger teams, but it's that middle ground I struggle with against teams of a similar ability. Although maybe my expectations are just too high, I guess you can't always expect to win away.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a kick in the nuts. Into my 2nd season with Villa, minimal changes to the squad, bringing through youth. Finished 8th in the first season and after 10 games in the 2nd season Graham Taylor and his boys complete a Takeover of the club, and sack me. 2nd in the Premier League. Unbelievable.

Got Bradford promoted to the Championship in my second season, ten games in to my third season and we were 6th in the Championship.

Alan Sheehan had asked for a new contract, I gave him a new contract but the game seemed to bug because he still kept complaining he wanted a new contract despite just signing one.

I was then sacked for 'not improving squad harmony' after Sheehan began disrupting the rest of the squad, despite performing way above expectations in the league. I'd also just managed to sign Wesley Saïd and Hervin Ongenda on free transfers as well!

Hadn't saved for around six months either.

Hate this game.

Edited by Delphouneso

• 2 weeks later...

The amount of injuries I keep picking up is absolutely insane. Benteke never goes more than 2 matches without being out for weeks. He started out the season hurt for 4 months. Then Delph got multiple small injuries until finally breaking his leg so he is out for 6 months. N'Zogbia is out for 4 months, Westwood is out for 6-8 weeks, Cleverly is gone for over a month, and Agbonlahor is just coming back after being out for 2 months. I have had to field such awful teams. Richardson, Sanchez, Herd, Bacuna were my midfield 4 for so long. Then I had to use Bent and Weimann up top. Strangely not one of my defenders have even picked up a minor knock and I have them all yelling at me for more playing time. The whole club is against me cause I don't start Okore every match and Weimann hates me despite me starting him every single match! 

This is not fun. I am 16th in the league and I know I have no chance in almost every match I play. I won 5-2 against City then, with the same tactics, I was thumped 5-2 by Burnley at home! 

I think it's an issue with the most recent update (I may be wrong). It's been okay but I played a couple of weeks ago and for some games I'm filling the bench with 17/18 year old players due to long term injuries. There was a point where I had 3 players out for over 4 months and multiple others for a number of weeks.

Oh and this save has turned Benteke into a mess. Too many injuries, too many poor performances, always moaning, has skipped training over 5 times in 2/3 years. Can't even sell him for much as when he plays he's shit and his value has dropped to about £2m.

It took me a few months but I got him to sign a new contract but his form isnt great still, think 8 goals in 26 games. hopefully he can turn it around now. 

as for Graham Taylor he is worse than LErner promised me 20 million to spend in January and I got nothing, had some great players lined up on the cheap and all

It took me a few months but I got him to sign a new contract but his form isnt great still, think 8 goals in 26 games. hopefully he can turn it around now. 

as for Graham Taylor he is worse than LErner promised me 20 million to spend in January and I got nothing, had some great players lined up on the cheap and all

I think I had him on a new contract early on but after that everything went wrong. Gabby has been far more prolific and I added a Brazilian called Carlos who has scored 20+ goals in his first season.

I can't get anyone to sign for me. I never have the wages they want. I tried to sign Ayew who was valued at 7 million so I offered 6 then 7, then 8, and finally they said they wanted 24. Like that is a massive jump! Then when Delph went out injured, I wanted to get Darida 

as his replacement and they wanted 30 million for him! Where do they get these numbers?! I forget who it was, but he was valued at 2 million so I offered that and the cpu responded with 12. It's ridiculous and they never accept anything under. I couldn't even get Sinclair on loan cause City won't accept the wage terms and I can't afford anything else. 

I can't get anyone to sign for me. I never have the wages they want. I tried to sign Ayew who was valued at 7 million so I offered 6 then 7, then 8, and finally they said they wanted 24. Like that is a massive jump! Then when Delph went out injured, I wanted to get Darida 

as his replacement and they wanted 30 million for him! Where do they get these numbers?! I forget who it was, but he was valued at 2 million so I offered that and the cpu responded with 12. It's ridiculous and they never accept anything under. I couldn't even get Sinclair on loan cause City won't accept the wage terms and I can't afford anything else. 

Would you accept an offer for a player you didn't want to sell that was less than their value?

I don't get the Sinclair bit,  he already had an agreed transfer when I started...

Â