Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

11 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Always seemed a bit full of himself.  Didn't he turn down the Wolves job?  Remember the old adage- make friends on the way up, you'll meet them on the way down.

Aye , think he looked for an easier option knowing up here he would have the second biggest budget in a 2 horse race and thought it would be easy street to further his career. At Wolves he could see a hard job in order to compete with many sides in the Premier League. Wolves must be breathing a huge sigh of relief!

A number of players and managers come North of the border in order to get a quick stepping stone back up in the English Leagues. Don't think he realised what pressure is put on the managers of both uglies especially if you lose a game to one of the rest of the League never mind two as happened on Saturday v the sheep. He also lost the Celtic game but I felt they were unlucky in that game.

Incidentally one player who is taking their chance is Owen Beck, a young lad who is on loan from Liverpool at Dundee FC.........watched him on Saturday against us and he is going to be some player. He plays left back and reminded me a little of Andy Robertson at his parent club and I can see him taking a similar path.

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the splendid team names from today's Scottish Cup fixtures: 

The Spartans 
Civil Service Strollers 
Cumnock 
Banks O'Dee 
Formartine United 
Forres Mechanics 
Bonnyrigg Rose 
Jeanfield Swifts 
Kilwinning Rangers 
Clachnacuddin 
Gala Fairydean Rovers 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Forres Mechanics

Go Can-Cans! Best value for money "hospitality" ticket I ever bought was at Mosset Park. £30 for a open bar for an hour before kick-off (and nice local stuff from the taps, too, not just the cheap bottled shite), a dodgy microwaved pre-game pie and a plate of bourbon biscuits in the "Chairman's Lounge" at halftime.

The game was absolutely awful, of course.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 28/10/2023 at 17:22, mjmooney said:

The Spartans 
Civil Service Strollers 
Cumnock 
Banks O'Dee 
Formartine United 
Forres Mechanics 
Bonnyrigg Rose 
Jeanfield Swifts 
Kilwinning Rangers 
Clachnacuddin 
Gala Fairydean Rovers 

Bonnyrigg Rose actually got promoted to League 2 last season, so are not complete minnows any more; they now play at a higher level than long-time league stalwarts like Albion Rovers, Berwick and Cowdenbeath. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xela said:

James Tavernier seems to score a penalty every week, its absurd!

Must be only be behind the likes of Messi and Ronaldo with penalties scored in career, one of the great benefits of playing for Rangers in Scotland. According to transfermarkt it is 59 scored 15 missed so he is no Jedinak either.

He is actually tenth in the table for penalties behind  such players as Shearer, Lampard, del Piero, Ronaldhino et al.

VAR has allowed both Celtic and Rangers to be given penalties when they need them most.........ie: as in the Aberdeen game where they were given one 2 minutes into added time in order to get a draw.

I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty by the laws of the game as Goldson did get his shirt pulled, however that type of infringement happens at nearly every corner in the League , yet VAR are only ever all over it when one of the uglies need something. On Saturday there were more blatant shirt pulls against Hearts and Miller for Hibs but nothing was looked at or checked..........however if that was Celtic or "The Rangers" they most certainly would have been. Football fans from the rest of the League just want some consistency..........there is actually nothing wrong with VAR but the problem lies with those enforcing it.

As for the dives , both are blatant cheating and in my eyes a match ban should be enforced............Cantwell never even got booked!

Problem is players often don't even get booked and often they result in a penalty so they will continue to try their luck.........Cantwell in the game before the Aberdeen one went down supposedly brought down by the goalkeeper which replays  showed no contact but VAR still gave a penalty to "The Rangers".

One final stat for you ........."The Rangers" have had one penalty given against them in 112 League games..........that includes a kick to the head on Joe Newell by the penalty spot by Hagi and a number of Goldson handballs.........all resulting in No Penalty! Now if that had happened at the other end those famous words for those following on Text etc would have come up.........PENALTY TO RANGERS.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Neil Warnock announced as Aberdeen manager. Can't need the work at his age, the man must be absolutely addicted to football management

Just a short spell to the end of the season. I imagine he just wants to tick off managing in Scotland.

I quite like Warnock - proper character. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Neil Warnock announced as Aberdeen manager. Can't need the work at his age, the man must be absolutely addicted to football management

Just get a divorce Neil, it'd be much more relaxing

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just a short spell to the end of the season. I imagine he just wants to tick off managing in Scotland.

I quite like Warnock - proper character. 

He has been doing interviews saying he wants manage in Scotland. He was putting his name forward for Rangers job a few months back

29 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wonder how his palaeolithic football will get on up there. Not well I'm guessing

After watching what Gerrard served up then am guessing Warnock will look like quite modern

• Like 1

Warnock got his team selection all wrong last night , going with one central defender and 2 wing backs in the back 3. 

After finding himself 0 . 3 at home inside 30 minutes!, he changed it and they came back to draw 3 . 3. 

Could have won it when Miovski "scored" but VAR stepped in.........don't you just love it.🫣

The Rangers on the other hand were looking to win by 3 clear goals to take them to the top of the table.........at 90 minutes only being 3 . 1 in front the officials managed to find 12 minutes of injury time despite not having all the lengthy VAR calls that were at the Aberdeen game ( where they only played 7 minutes extra) . The VAR officials must have been looking so hard for any minute "infringement" in the Ross box so as to award a penalty! Well done to Simon Murray for scoring the Ross goal, always liked him here at Hibs.

Edited by newhavenhibby

Â