Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Fair swing of the pendulum happening tonight, from what I've seen of it Celtic could be 6 up at half time. Postecoglou is an elite manager and the Japanese players he brought with him won't be in Scotland long.

Rangers don't look like the Rangers under their previous manager too

4 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Agree, watched them a couple of times under Stevie G and they were much better organised. Now to be fair this is only one game but they've been just awful so far. 

Celtic's 3rd was a lovely goal, great cross and movement and finish but shambolic defending

• Like 1

I've not watched any Fitba in a long time but I was absolutely shocked at just how poor it was. 

I know it's the old firm clash but half the players, particularly Rangers looked like they'd never seen a football before. 

So  much miscontrol, wayward passing poor shooting, poor crossing, running straight into players.  I guess you forget sometimes just how high quality and technical the PL is at times but that's what I would expect if I watched a League 1 game.  Got that massive stadium packed to the rafters to watch that. Got to hand it to the fans. 

Scottish football really needs to find a way to make the league more competitive and exciting because 2 big clubs slogging it out against each other year in year out essentially relying on results against each other has absolutely killed it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've not watched any Fitba in a long time but I was absolutely shocked at just how poor it was. 

I know it's the old firm clash but half the players, particularly Rangers looked like they'd never seen a football before. 

So  much miscontrol, wayward passing poor shooting, poor crossing, running straight into players.  I guess you forget sometimes just how high quality and technical the PL is at times but that's what I would expect if I watched a League 1 game.  Got that massive stadium packed to the rafters to watch that. Got to hand it to the fans. 

Scottish football really needs to find a way to make the league more competitive and exciting because 2 big clubs slogging it out against each other year in year out essentially relying on results against each other has absolutely killed it. 

Its better than 1 team winning it every year which was the case before last season. 

It is impossible for them to really improve the quality. It is a small northern european league for 5 million people which happen to have 2 massive clubs in it.

It is very much a love hate relationship between the old firm and the rest of the league. They are reliant on them but hate them totally dominating it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Is Japan an untapped market for talent? Celtic have 4 players now, didn't even cost £10 million combined.

The manager managed there so probably knows them. I think they are usually good technical players they produce

Probably missing a bit of grit sometimes or how to win nasty

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

The manager managed there so probably knows them. I think they are usually good technical players they produce

Probably missing a bit of grit sometimes or how to win nasty

Seen more of Kyogo Furuhashi before he got injured , again. He certainly has a few cheating tactics in his armoury.............the one trying to fool the ref v Hearts against John Souttar was one of  the most outrageous I've seen ever.🤣  The best against us was in the Cup final where he took a huge dive, not knowing our player had stopped and there was a clear yard of space.😂

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

I often watch the Scottish football if in on a Sunday, it's an early kick off before super sunday and it's the only game often often at that time.

The links to Rangers players were always hilarious to me. It's barely even mid table championship standard at times.

On 03/08/2021 at 16:21, rodders0223 said:

Joe Hart 3 years and James Mccarthy on a 4 yearer. Oh my God what is going on.

In absolutely no surprise to anyone McCarthy has started 4 games out of 24.
Joe Hart, the fans love him and I am delighted for him. He looks to have gone through some tough times.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I often watch the Scottish football if in on a Sunday, it's an early kick off before super sunday and it's the only game often often at that time.

The links to Rangers players were always hilarious to me. It's barely even mid table championship standard at times.

Blimey, as good as that!!  🤣

Edited by newhavenhibby

Â