Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Beale better hope they try and atleast qualify. I think he needs to win the league this season too or he risks the fans turning on him.

Wouldn't be the first set of Rangers fans that hate him 😜

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Beale better hope they try and atleast qualify. I think he needs to win the league this season too or he risks the fans turning on him.

I don't think they'll do either. 

I'm a Celtic fan myself and we've had a really poor window in my opinion but I still don't think Rangers will bridge the gap this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubliner said:

I'm a Celtic fan myself and we've had a really poor window in my opinion but I still don't think Rangers will bridge the gap this season.

Agreed you've had a quiet window but obviously have too much for the rest of the league except for perhaps The Rangers.  It will be interesting to see how Beales new look signings settle in........I thought there were positive signs for this happening last night and were unlucky not too score more thanks to some great goalkeeping and defending.  The problem Beale has is that this has to happen quickly otherwise Celtic will open a large gap which in the SPL will be curtains for any thought of a second title. 

If they don't win in Switzerland and lose any more league points quickly then the Bears den will not be happy.................they expect success when judged against the green half of Glasgow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dubliner said:

What do you make of Brenda returning as head coach?

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

No, I got what you meant Zat and agree, hence why I was saying most of the 'Glasgow' Rangers fans I know aren't keen on him either.  :thumb:

Thats fair enough. Something about him is quite off putting even when he was here. Its a smug arrogance without actually doing anything in the game

Like a poor mans Rodgers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What do you make of Brenda returning as head coach?

I think he was probably the best of what was available.

I was of the opinion that he was probably right to move on when he did due to lack of investment etc.. looks like not much has changed though 😀

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Thats fair enough. Something about him is quite off putting even when he was here. Its a smug arrogance without actually doing anything in the game

Like a poor mans Rodgers

Yep. I have noticed this about him.

It seems since it came to light that he was largely the brains behind the operation and success the first time round at Rangers, then his short time with us (coincidently), it's gone to his head slightly. He takes the QPR job but didn't really stay that long -  said no to the Wolves fiasco, before landing up at Ibrox.

However, the ego will take a bit of a bruising if he doesn't deliver up there this season.

Like you say, he comes across like he's already won a thing or two in the game in his short managerial career so far while failing to remember he's still only a pup in the world of head coaching and hasn't done anything of any significance yet in the game to backup the aura of arrogance he displays.

2 minutes ago, dubliner said:

I think he was probably the best of what was available.

I was of the opinion that he was probably right to move on when he did due to lack of investment etc.. looks like not much has changed though 😀

Personally, I think he was daft to go when he did especially given what was still able to be achieved honours wise.

He should have waited till he made history then left for Leicester.

To leave how he did first time round and what he did out of spite, only to return with the situation still the remaining the same like you allude to, just makes him look a tad stupid and reminds me slightly what M'ON did here.

Be interesting to see how he gets on in his 2nd stint.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have no idea why he left QPR to join them

Because he’d won the league there a year or so before and figured he’d do it again but get all the credit this time.  I get why he left QPR.  

It’s weird how his stock has fallen so much so quickly though.  It’s not inconceivable that he’d still be No2 at Villa but now he seems like a guy who isn’t going to get any decent offers unless he starts pulling trees up at a club he’d probably have considered beneath him 18 months ago. 

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Because he’d won the league there a year or so before and figured he’d do it again but get all the credit this time.  I get why he left QPR.  

It’s weird how his stock has fallen so much so quickly though.  It’s not inconceivable that he’d still be No2 at Villa but now he seems like a guy who isn’t going to get any decent offers unless he starts pulling trees up at a club he’d probably have considered beneath him 18 months ago. 

Always seemed a bit full of himself.  Didn't he turn down the Wolves job?  Remember the old adage- make friends on the way up, you'll meet them on the way down.

• Like 1

Â