Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

its a hell of a lot worse. Bradford were at least professional footballers compared to Lincoln Red Imps who a lot of them have real jobs. equivalent would be Scotland losing to Gibraltar in an international

Yeah, that was the conclusion I came to. In terms of losing to Gibraltar, would it be that hard to imagine? They have drawn twice with the Faroe Islands in recent years. They just aren't very good at football at the end of the day. 

Scotland losing to Gibraltar probably is the best example tbf it's a shocking result

this is like villa losing to a team 3/4 levels below the conference

i think the imps have 3 professional footballers, this is their first ever win vs a professional team, they average 28 fans per game...

celtic will never admit it, probably because they had so much fun at their expense, the Rangers mess has killed them too

• Like 1

I think there is a case to be made that this is the worst result in Celtic's entire history, right?   I mean there is the obvious caveat that Celtic will almost certainly annihilate Lincoln Red Imps in the second leg but as a one off match this is stupendously bad. 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, that was the conclusion I came to. In terms of losing to Gibraltar, would it be that hard to imagine? They have drawn twice with the Faroe Islands in recent years. They just aren't very good at football at the end of the day. 

best comparison being Scotland beat them twice with a 12-1 aggregate  in Euro 2016 qualifying

Red Imps have won something like 15 leagues in a row so I would imagine they make up a lot of the international side

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

best comparison being Scotland beat them twice with a 12-1 aggregate  in Euro 2016 qualifying

Red Imps have won something like 15 leagues in a row so I would imagine they make up a lot of the international side

Yep. If you look at their current squad there's a fair spread of clubs, but if you look at the players with a decent amount of caps (double digits), they're almost all from Red Imps.

I was on a Celtic forum not long ago when they were talking about Stan coming out of retirement. The conversation soon turned into "shit villa, wouldnt get into our side nowadays."

**** them, their shit club, shit trophies, shit fans and shit players.

I see Scott Brown is still captain. He was shit the best part of a decade ago.

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

funny thing is a lot of Celtic fans wanted Rodgers over Deila because he couldnt do anything in Europe :hooray:

Like I said, deluded. Totally in denial about the fact that Celtic are lightyears away from what they once were. 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

As embarassing as that defeat is, will be irrelevant and forgotten when they beat them 6-0 at home 2nd leg. 

It really won't.

It's arguably the worst result in their history. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I think there is a case to be made that this is the worst result in Celtic's entire history, right?   I mean there is the obvious caveat that Celtic will almost certainly annihilate Lincoln Red Imps in the second leg but as a one off match this is stupendously bad. 

I remember a few years back they lost to Queen of the South in a cup semi final so that would be a contender. 

I don't think losing the first leg of a really early European qualifier in mid-July, on an atificial pitch is that bad, assuming they bag a few in the second leg. If it was a 1 off tie then I'd agree.

It'll soon be forgotten.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don't think losing the first leg of a really early European qualifier in mid-July, on an atificial pitch is that bad, assuming they bag a few in the second leg. If it was a 1 off tie then I'd agree.

It'll soon be forgotten.

Really?

There is a good chance a team of VT members would have overturned that side.

Celtic with a wage budget of at least £20m?

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Really?

There is a good chance a team of VT members would have overturned that side.

Celtic with a wage budget of at least £20m?

These kind of results happen quite often though don't they, the fact it is a 2 legged tie will also add to the likelhood that they were not panicing about being 1 down knowing they'll get the goals at home.

Its a reasonable 'giant killing' but given all the circumstances its not an enormous surprise imo.

Â