Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

Who can they get in the next round?  As far as I can tell they will be one of the seeded teams which means that they can get one of:

Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria)

NK Maribor (Slovenia)

Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)

Malmo (Sweden)

AaB (Denmark)

Bilbao (Spain)

Lille (France)

Copenhagen (Denmark)

Standard Liege (Belgium)

Besiktas (Turkey)

Where it gets confusing is that Warsaw wouldn't have been seeded in the next round so that will dick around a bit with who gets seeded and who doesn't, wouldn't it? Do they get their seeding or do they just take Warsaw's spot in the draw?  Of the list above I'd imagine there are a few teams they would fancy their chances against. If they aren't seeded for some reason then let them draw Arsenal. :lol:

they can only play another champions. the lucky losers are in their own section. as Legia was one of weakest teams they could have got last round. I don't fancy their chances

Who can they get in the next round? As far as I can tell they will be one of the seeded teams which means that they can get one of:

Ludogorets Razgrad (Bulgaria)

NK Maribor (Slovenia)

Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia)

Malmo (Sweden)

AaB (Denmark)

Bilbao (Spain)

Lille (France)

Copenhagen (Denmark)

Standard Liege (Belgium)

Besiktas (Turkey)

Where it gets confusing is that Warsaw wouldn't have been seeded in the next round so that will dick around a bit with who gets seeded and who doesn't, wouldn't it? Do they get their seeding or do they just take Warsaw's spot in the draw? Of the list above I'd imagine there are a few teams they would fancy their chances against. If they aren't seeded for some reason then let them draw Arsenal. :lol:

They got Maribor, you might call it one of the easier ties but celtic have dropped so far I wouldn't call it.

Just seen the news on the BBC, very lucky indeed on Celtic's part, but what were Legia thinking. Why would you even make that substitution with 2 minutes to go? It is not like it was a close scoreline and they needed to kill off time and the game.

Well I'm GUESSING, maybe, possibly, they didn't realise he was ineligible?

This could be the wake up call needed for the board to invest some much needed money, when you look at the money they get for making the group stages it would be madness not to invest now. I feel for Legia Warsaw but to make such a mistake is unforgivable and it has cost them massively

Just seen the news on the BBC, very lucky indeed on Celtic's part, but what were Legia thinking. Why would you even make that substitution with 2 minutes to go? It is not like it was a close scoreline and they needed to kill off time and the game.

Well I'm GUESSING, maybe, possibly, they didn't realise he was ineligible?

Well yes clearly they didn't, What I meant was why make a substitution at all with two minutes remaining when the game was already won, it is not like they were needing to waste time. It was a pointless substitution as the guy would have no effect on the result, it wouldn't help the player get his fitness levels up, a total pointless substitution which has cost them dearly.

This could be the wake up call needed for the board to invest some much needed money, when you look at the money they get for making the group stages it would be madness not to invest now. I feel for Legia Warsaw but to make such a mistake is unforgivable and it has cost them massively

I don't get how it even happened. Between the manager, coaches and the player himself, someone must have noticed he was suspended and therefore shouldn't even have been on the bench. 

Why was he suspended and how was it missed? Was it carried over from last season or something?

I don't get how it even happened. Between the manager, coaches and the player himself, someone must have noticed he was suspended and therefore shouldn't even have been on the bench. 

Why was he suspended and how was it missed? Was it carried over from last season or something?

Bereszynski was sent off against Apollon in the final match of Legia's Europa League campaign last season, earning a three-match suspension. He missed both legs of Legia's tie against St Patrick's in the second qualifying round and also sat out the 4-1 first-leg victory over Celtic.

but they didnt register him for the game vs st patricks which is why the club thought he'd served the ban but UEFA dont

you register a 25 man squad for each qualifying round, he wasnt on the 1st list of 25 so the ban wasn't officially served

its a **** up by a secretary somewhere

the letter was very good but nothing will happen, its worth far too much money

but they didnt register him for the game vs st patricks which is why the club thought he'd served the ban but UEFA dont

you register a 25 man squad for each qualifying round, he wasnt on the 1st list of 25 so the ban wasn't officially served

That sounds incredibly harsh to me. Banned for 3 games, sat out 3 games. A slight error in paperwork should not result in such a harsh punishment IMO. 

That's the sort of revenue that could change the future for that whole club.

That sounds incredibly harsh to me. Banned for 3 games, sat out 3 games. A slight error in paperwork should not result in such a harsh punishment IMO.

That's the sort of revenue that could change the future for that whole club.

And then played all of 5 minutes in the 2nd leg when the team were already 6-1 up...

Celtic won't voluntarily drop out because it's worth too much, and I don't know if it's already been mentioned but I doubt UEFA will change their minds because Celtic at a guess will be worth a fair bit more revenue than legia

It's incredibly harsh

Not sure how international suspensions work, from this I'm assuming that if An England player gets sent off and gets a 3 match ban Roy has to name that player in the next 3 23 man squads even though he can't play for the ban to be served, that's a new one on me, I think international level of you're banned you don't have to be called up to serve the ban, which means the rules are different for each UEFA competition

Have to say, as a Hearts fan I found myself weirdly confident about the Rangers game a day before and whilst watching it, even whilst Rangers were on top.

Not feeling so confident about the derby.

Reckon people are undervaluing QotS in the championship though.

Also lolGoodwin.

Yeah, they often ignore form altogether. People often forget Hibs were a decent midtable side under Fenlon before they imploded under Butcher, so most of their players have shown that they can do better than they did during the great decline. Couple that with the fact that they do have a decent striker now in El Alagui and I wouldn't really say that we're much better per say.

But yeah, Sow does indeed look like a real find - the idea that he looks this good already whilst still lacking proper fitness is a bit mental. He does have a similar completeness to Benteke - strength, pace, finishing, great feet. Not sure, despite his height, that he's got a huge amount of aerial threat. Am worried that should he turn out as good as hoped, he'll be promptly pinched by a championship side.

I doubt UEFA will change their minds because Celtic at a guess will be worth a fair bit more revenue than legia

Since all the meaningful UEFA revenue (the TV money) is done and dusted, there's no actual difference whether Legia or Celtic went through.

Celtic going through, though, does mean a couple of million fewer euros for the English CL clubs, though.

Â