Last 16: Monday 30th FRA NGA GER ALG

limpid

I hate Germany with a passion, overrated and dull, I hope the French beat them in the next round.

Germany basically being Bayern without their only 2 interesting players doesn't help. Even more so now that they have Guardiola's boring style.

• Like 1

The German style is just boring right now. They are playing 4 centerbacks and 6 midfielders. It really makes for a slow match. No true wingers so everything gets condensed. 

Yes I find them tedious to watch. No players to get you off the edge of your seat.

Emphatic finish I guess.  More the fact it made the last 15 seconds slightly more interesting :P

My apologies I switched it off after the Ozil goal so didn't relaise you meant the Algerian goal

:)

Shame - only caught Extra time as I had a 5-a-side double header this evening.  There goes my remaining sweepstake hope.  Not sure I can bear to see all the chances Algeria spurned in the match.

"if your a manager you dont want neuer on the edge of his box making tackles"

id actually say thats exactly what low wanted him doing... amazing that these 4 in the studio think that this high line and the sweeper keeper just kind of happened vs Algeria's pace

I'll be surprised if France don't beat this extremely overrated German side. I think it would be a shame with all the great footballing sides we've seen if the Germans went on to lift the cup, get past France (the best all round side in the tournament) and there no reason why they can't. I just don't think they will.

• Like 1

I'll be surprised if France don't beat this extremely overrated German side. I think it would be a shame with all the great footballing sides we've seen if the Germans went on to lift the cup, get past France (the best all round side in the tournament) and there no reason why they can't. I just don't think they will.

They are always been the spoilers...54,  74, 82 - ok they lost the final but that atrocious tackle by the goalkeeper against France and then 1990. Can't see this team getting beyond the semis..

Edited by PaulC

"if your a manager you dont want neuer on the edge of his box making tackles"

id actually say thats exactly what low wanted him doing... amazing that these 4 in the studio think that this high line and the sweeper keeper just kind of happened vs Algeria's pace

I doubt the manager was pleased seeing his 'keeper make four or five last ditch interventions in the first half. I think that's the point they were making.

A better team would have beaten Germany tonight. I don;t expect them to be as bad against France.

A more clinical Germany would have seen them 2-3 up.

Credit to Algeria they were fantastic and were very much apart of the game, rather than defending the game out they gave it a good go.

I can see Germany going all the way but tbh no team sticks out to me right now, its anyones to win.

I said it at the start that Germany would be shit if they followed the crappy false 9 that Guardiola has made popular in the game. Except Muller and Schurrle, GErmany don't really look like have many ideas going forward. Ozil and Gotze have been poor. Didi Hamann also said Lahm is demanding to play centre midfield which is damaging the balance of the defence

though credit to Algeria they really were very impressive and with a bit more composure in front of goal they could be in the next round

A better ball or more composure in the final third would have seen Germany punished for that display, Algeria played their socks off.

France should beat Germany in the next round though.