Joe Cole

TrentVilla

Needs to be started to see if he has still has it, at least we can bring him off if he tires. Cannot see no reason at the moment not to play him, other than Lambert has no idea how to utilise him.

Agree completely. Really, what have we got to lose? As you say, we can always sub him off. 

Needs to be started to see if he has still has it, at least we can bring him off if he tires. Cannot see no reason at the moment not to play him, other than Lambert has no idea how to utilise him.

Agree completely. Really, what have we got to lose? As you say, we can always sub him off.

Unfortunately Cole hasn't got the legs to play 80 minutes which is when Lambert normally remembers he has players behind him burning holes in the back of his head

Who needs to see him? You? Me? Who?

Perhaps lambert, keane, and every other coach has already seen, and there decision about him being ready is pretty clear already? I don't need them to prove they're right to me by starting him, letting him be a cluster, and then wasting a sub. I suppose that after they did that you would completely approve of the decision not to start him to this point and say nothing critical of the decision to start him so "we" can see?

I really don't get some of the thinking on here.

We don't need passengers in the side right now. 

We do need quality though, and Cole has it, or at least he did.

I am all for giving the chance, not next week against a side like Southampton but games coming up against Burnley, Palace and Leicester.

With Sanchez looking stronger and more composed, I don't see why we can't play Cole in that 3.

We should at least give the lad a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

For me, the best performance I've seen from a Villa player in a while. He was that good in my opinion. Played some superb balls and his link up play was top notch. Has to be a starter as long as he's fit, him linking up with Benteke could really be good for us.

Who needs to see him? You? Me? Who?

Perhaps lambert, keane, and every other coach has already seen, and there decision about him being ready is pretty clear already? I don't need them to prove they're right to me by starting him, letting him be a cluster, and then wasting a sub. I suppose that after they did that you would completely approve of the decision not to start him to this point and say nothing critical of the decision to start him so "we" can see?

I really don't get some of the thinking on here.

Seeing this thread updated, I realised I missed that comment. Helping of humble pie perhaps?

Â