Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

You don't play for Juventus, Arsenal and have a long international career if you are crap. Sign him up.

Isn't that the same argument being used for Senderos? ;)

Seriously though, I don't think that we need any more strikers. We already have about six. This is Paul Lambert we are talking about though, so no doubt he feels another one is needed.

Let's assume Benteke is out until the New Year and Kozak doesn't make the start of the season;

Who would be your preferred choice up top; Bent, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Bowery or Bendtner?

You don't play for Juventus, Arsenal and have a long international career if you are crap. Sign him up.

Isn't that the same argument being used for Senderos? ;)

Seriously though, I don't think that we need any more strikers. We already have about six. This is Paul Lambert we are talking about though, so no doubt he feels another one is needed.

Let's assume Benteke is out until the New Year and Kozak doesn't make the start of the season;

Who would be your preferred choice up top; Bent, Agbonlahor, Weimann, Bowery or Bendtner?

Bowery, duh.

Decent player, not as good as he thinks he is,  crap attitude and high wages.

Meh.

We wouldn't be paying "high wages" - we all know this.

He's (only) 26 and has been playing at a decent level for a long time.  Much like with the Senderos situation, I struggle to see much wrong in bringing in this kind of player on a free transfer.

£29k per week according to his Wiki.

He was earning £52k a week at Arsenal, the same as his shirt number.

Says it all about his ambitions for me.

Wouldn't want him.

I find it hilarious that in the Senderos thread, when people mentioned teams that he had played for, the argument against it meaning he is good was "but look at Bendtner". It seems as if Lambert has saw those comments and thought **** it, get him as well!

Pascal Cygan next?

Decent player, not as good as he thinks he is,  crap attitude and high wages.

Meh.

We wouldn't be paying "high wages" - we all know this.

He's (only) 26 and has been playing at a decent level for a long time.  Much like with the Senderos situation, I struggle to see much wrong in bringing in this kind of player on a free transfer.

£29k per week according to his Wiki.

He was earning £52k a week at Arsenal, the same as his shirt number.

Says it all about his ambitions for me.

Wouldn't want him.

Wenger really messed up if Bendtner was on that kind of money.

Btw in all seriousness I really doubt this will happen, it was only a couple of months ago that it was stated he wanted at least £100k a week. 

He isn't as bad as we all make out, he just isn't good enough for a top 4 club, we can't afford him though.

• Like 1

Surely a loan would be a better solution for our troubles up top? I mean, Benteke and Kozak will return to fitness sooner or later. 

Depends if there's anyone decent that we could bring in on-loan without a fee.

Maybe the answer to not being able to buy a creative midfielder is to just play with 5 center backs and 5 center forwards? 

Pretty sure McLeish spent a year trying to do this and Lambert has done it plenty of times too.

Missing the point a bit though. The fact is that we do have the aforementioned strikers on the wage-bill so unless Lambert is going to get rid of a couple of them, no new strikers should be added and he should be pragmatic enough to work with what he has. Obviously though, 'Lambert' and 'pragmatism' are words that you will seldom find in the same sentence.

Also, what about when Benteke and Kozak return to fitness? We'll basically have a third-choice striker on biggish (by our standards) wages* that could be better used elsewhere. Not to mention that Bendtner is the sort of player who will instantly kick up a fuss about it also.

*Anyone who thinks Bendtner will come here for less than something like £25k/w (if that) is deluded.

Arsenal misfit Nicklas Bendtner looking for £104,000-a-week deal at his next club

Audacious Nicklas Bendtner is looking for a staggering £104,000-a-week from his next club. The exiled Arsenal striker, 26, is looking for the exorbitant fee as he is out of contract in the summer which means the outfit that sign him will not have to pay a fee.

Bendtner, on £52,000-a-week, has held talks with a string of clubs in England and abroad over the past year after finding himself surplus to requirements at the Emirates.

Should he manage to land the salary he is after, he would be earning bigger wages than many of the established strikers in the Premier League.

The Dane complained recently of an unfair perception painted of him in the media, tainting his image in the eyes of any prospective future employers.

Last week, however, he was fined two weeks' wages after a widely-publicised, drunken altercation with a taxi driver in Copenhagen as his Arsenal team-mates were being put out of the Champions League by Bayern Munich.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger confirmed the fine and hinted Bendtner was unlikely to pull on an Arsenal shirt ever again.

The Frenchman said curtly: ""He is at the end of his contract in the summer."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-nicklas-bendtner-3255804

Edited by samjp26

Missing the point a bit though. The fact is that we do have the aforementioned strikers on the wage-bill so unless Lambert is going to get rid of a couple of them, no new strikers should be added and he should be pragmatic enough to work with what he has. Obviously though, 'Lambert' and 'pragmatism' are words that you will seldom find in the same sentence.

Also, what about when Benteke and Kozak return to fitness? We'll basically have a third-choice striker on biggish (by our standards) wages* that could be better used elsewhere. Not to mention that Bendtner is the sort of player who will instantly kick up a fuss about it also.

*Anyone who thinks Bendtner will come here for less than something like £25k/w (if that) is deluded.

I don't understand this argument. If the players we have now aren't good enough, then they aren't good enough. I can't pretend to want to see us fail to score all year simply out of bloody-minded principle. 

Â