Nichlas Bendtner

Jesperchr

Truly appalling footballer.

Yep, tons of truly appalling footballers tear apart Italy's defense.[/quote

....and this happened when ? Are you referring to the 2 goals he scored in the draw against them, after they'd already qualified and played a squad half full of players who didn't go to Brazil ?

He is one of those players who if his head is in the game he will get us goals which in turn will increse our chances of getting points in a league where every point matters so much .

He is not the type of striker who will only score 1 or 2 goals in a season combine the goals he would give us along with a fit benteke/kozak then i see us picking up some more points than we did this season.

Im all for this signing his wages may be an issue and i definatly dont think he should have a contract any longer than 2 years.

• Like 1

Do we even need another striker? We only play with one. Benteke and Kozak will have to be really unlucky to get injured again at the same time. I imagine Kozak is quite close to a return. We still have Gabby Wiemann and Bent (who we believe can return to the squad). We don't need another striker*.

*Unless hes awesome. If its just another dud/shit cheap signing I stand by my statement.

Edited by KSV

Truly appalling footballer.

Yep, tons of truly appalling footballers tear apart Italy's defense.

Haha best thing ive read on here in a while

Do we even need another striker? We only play with one. Benteke and Kozak will have to be really unlucky to get injured again at the same time. I imagine Kozak is quite close to a return. We still have Gabby Wiemann and Bent (who we believe can return to the squad). We don't need another striker*.

*Unless hes awesome. If its just another dud/shit cheap signing I stand by my statement.

Gabby and Wiemann aint exactly prolific strikers lucky if we get 10 goals a season between them to be honest and as for Bent he needs service maybe Cole will offer that but who knows.

Kozak may not come back the same player after suffering a pretty bad break ( some players never play the same again) and Benteke may get another injury.

So in summery we do need another striker.

• Like 1

We could end up winning a few games by default,because other teams will be too scared to face a front partnership of Bendtiner and Weimann.

As far as scoring goals go they could end the season on double figures ( 2 )

• Like 1

Gabby and Wiemann aint exactly prolific strikers lucky if we get 10 goals a season between them to be honest and as for Bent he needs service maybe Cole will offer that but who knows.

Kozak may not come back the same player after suffering a pretty bad break ( some players never play the same again) and Benteke may get another injury.

So in summery we do need another striker.

Have to say for a team that got 39 league goals in 38 matches last season and whose top scorer was out for about a third of the season, the answer seems to be yes, we do need another striker!

(Edit: although if the question is more about whether a new striker is our top priority, I'd say no: defence and midfield need strengthening more)

Edited by briny_ear

Yeah, our strike force for the last two seasons has been reliant on Benteke. We won't probably see him until after Christmas if we're being honest, and even then there will be a question mark over what level he will be able to perform to when he gets back to fitness. The same can be said of Kozak, who although he will be back sooner hasn't had any kind of run to see whether he will succeed at this level, and also may not be the same level as before his injury. Bent has hardly scored in the last two seasons, Gabby is hot and cold on scoring (mostly cold), and Wiemann could either continue his form from last season, or start to kick on. I would say that unless we get someone in who knows where the back of the net is, then we are in for a long season.

• Like 4

Anyone who thinks Bendtner would be a good signing needs to have a good word with themselves. He was average at Arsenal. Renowned for being poor everywhere apart from in his own head. A complete waste of money.

Lots of people saying he's average or rubbish. He's got over 50 caps for his country and scored at nearly a goal every other game. That's a pretty elite group, ultimately. 

Just don't think he's rubbish. On the contrary, he's a very strong player, and he has an excellent header on him. The problem is the off-field stuff, and that stuff is a big problem. It would be an even bigger problem if he had to work with Roy Keane. He just seems incapable of making good choices off the field. 

In the end, he's a good player, and maybe he'll get it together somewhere. In our current state, it's a risk I'd take, but on a very short-term contract. 

That being said, is there anything whatsoever behind this rumour? Haven't seen it anywhere else, and it doesn't sound very likely, surely he'd be wanting too much in wages?

Â