Roy Keane

TrentVilla

I can't see why you'd go to the hassle of firing Culverhouse and Karsey for "bullying", then appoint a complete and utter nutjob like Roy Keane as a replacement, who's hardly known for his interpersonal skills.

Would you kindly point me in the direction of where its been reported or proven that Keane has bullied anyone in his coaching/managerial career?

• Like 1

Of course he will, but it isn't like the ROI squad will be together or training at times when Aston Villa are as well. He'll do stuff in the background that we won't know about I'm sure, but he'll only be leaving us to meet up with the ROI squad during international periods, in which we do not actually play. 

I can't see why you'd go to the hassle of firing Culverhouse and Karsey for "bullying", then appoint a complete and utter nutjob like Roy Keane as a replacement, who's hardly known for his interpersonal skills.

Would you kindly point me in the direction of where its been reported or proven that Keane has bullied anyone in his coaching/managerial career?

I think it came from Alex Ferguson, which is why I'd never believe it.

Roy Keane is set to be named as Aston Villa’s assistant manager.

It's understood the 42-year-old will work alongside Paul Lambert at Villa Park, combining the role with his post as Republic of Ireland boss Martin O’Neill’s number two, and an announcement is imminent.

The move was mooted last month after Keane spoke to Celtic about the opportunity to succeed Neil Lennon as manager, but ultimately decided not to take matters any further.

Lambert’s coaching staff was significantly depleted last season when assistant Ian Culverhouse and football operations manager Gary Karsa were suspended and then sacked for unspecified disciplinary reasons.

Keane’s impending appointment comes with the players due to return for pre-season training on Monday.

The former Sunderland and Ipswich manager returned to the game in November last year when O’Neill offered him the opportunity to return to the international fold.

However, Keane’s presence within the Ireland camp has raised his profile once again and O’Neill admitted at the height of the speculation at the end of May and the beginning of July that the former Manchester United skipper would inevitably be courted by other potential employers.

Aston Villa: Roy Keane to be Paul Lambert's assistant

Roy Keane is set to be named as Aston Villa's assistant manager on Tuesday.

Villa boss Paul Lambert approached Keane at the end of last season with a view to combining the role with his existing job as number two to Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill. O'Neill has given the move his approval and Keane, 42, will be in place when pre-season training begins on Monday. Keane, who has managed Sunderland and Ipswich, replaces Lambert's previous assistant boss Ian Culverhouse.

Culverhouse was dismissed in May following an internal investigation.

Former Manchester United midfielder Keane, who was recently linked with the managerial vacancy at Celtic, was appointed with O'Neill as the Republic's new coaching team on a two-year deal in November.

His brief at Villa will be to bring the best out of a squad that finished 15th in the Premier League last season, only five points above the relegation zone. Keane joins Villa amid ongoing efforts by owner Randy Lerner to sell the club.

The American put the Premier League outfit up for sale in May, stating he felt he could "no longer do the job", but a credible buyer is yet to come forward. Villa begin the new Premier League season at Stoke City on the weekend of 16-17 August.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28085658

Expect a proper club statement at 3pm I guess.

I for one think this is good news.

It seems Lambert and Keane are friends and his experience at the top level should hopefully motivate the team.

I think the central midfielders especially of Delph, Westwood, KEA and Gardner should really develop from having Keane around.

I wouldn't mind fi we actually played Keane in centre midfield for next season. He just has to stand for 90 minutes and look menacing at Baker and Clark and a few others that should up their game and cut out the silly mistakes

It seems Lambert and Keane are friends and his experience at the top level should hopefully motivate the team.

I think the central midfielders especially of Delph, Westwood, KEA and Gardner should really develop from having Keane around.

My main worry is tactically they are both weak to put it mildly.

I would rather have seen a Steve Clarke, Mike Phelan or Rene Meulensteen type technical coach.

I wouldn't mind fi we actually played Keane in centre midfield for next season. He just has to stand for 90 minutes and look menacing at Baker and Clark and a few others that should up their game and cut out the silly mistakes

Complete and utter tosh! I doubt Keane can scare those two into being better players?

My main worry is tactically they are both weak to put it mildly.

I would rather have seen a Steve Clarke, Mike Phelan or Rene Meulensteen type technical coach.

Here's hoping two heads are better than one!

I'm sure we'll be fine...

Â