Culverhouse and Karsa sacked

Isa

Not really arsed with his comments he was probably just as pissed off as us, however his coaching ability is nothing short of terrible, wasn't he a defender in his playing days? What's he teaching these players? Needs to leave or be sacked.

Nothing will happen though.

Whereabouts did this happen? I sit 3rd row in the Trinity, and usually hear all the stick the players/managers get. The only one I saw who reacted to anything yesterday was Weimann. And I have to say I find it hard to believe that things were said without colourful language, even if the people who have reported this didn't do the swearing themselves - my personal unfavourite being, as Lambert walked past, 'go back to **** Scotland'. Racism.

Personally I've never verbally players when I've had the chance. Unless you count booing some opposition players. Although I did tell Fellaini to get his hair cut once. Referees on the other hand...

I love it how Jonathan Fear was worried that a child might have heard bad language from Culverhouse :P

I'm sure his was the only bad language uttered during that 90 mins.

Yeah, I don't get people that take their kids to a football match and complain about hearing bad language. It's like taking them to ice hockey and complaining about the violence.

This has been referred to elsewhere but deserves it's own thread.

Anyway, it is been reported that Culverhouse verbally abused fans at the game today by a few people including Jonathan Fear, editor at Vital Villa:

Ian culverhouse, what a horrible, vile, nasty little piece of work. I can't wait for him to be out of villa park. Half time a fan called to sort it out, no language, he said shut up you lot and was swearing (ladies and kids around)

I was having a wee but dad, the ladies behind me, and another chap who came down to talk to culverhouse when he returned did.

I told culverhouse to show some respect to the villa fans, obviously despite being two feet away, he ignored, because he's a vile little man who couldn't give a toss about the fans.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55429&start=1

If this is proven to be true, surely that is an automatic sackable offence?

Telling a customer to shut up in retail or customer service would be instant dismissal. At a football match I would suggest things are different due to the raucous, high intensity atmosphere. When you say he was swearing, you don't mean at the fans i presume, but at the players? This is to be expected if so. You can't take your kids to a football match and not expect to hear swearing. If he was swearing at the fans this is a total different kettle of fish and his position should be reviewed. 

In summary, assuming my view of what happened is correct, then no further action should be taken.

This has been referred to elsewhere but deserves it's own thread.

Anyway, it is been reported that Culverhouse verbally abused fans at the game today by a few people including Jonathan Fear, editor at Vital Villa:

Ian culverhouse, what a horrible, vile, nasty little piece of work. I can't wait for him to be out of villa park. Half time a fan called to sort it out, no language, he said shut up you lot and was swearing (ladies and kids around)

I was having a wee but dad, the ladies behind me, and another chap who came down to talk to culverhouse when he returned did.

I told culverhouse to show some respect to the villa fans, obviously despite being two feet away, he ignored, because he's a vile little man who couldn't give a toss about the fans.

http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55429&start=1

If this is proven to be true, surely that is an automatic sackable offence?

Telling a customer to shut up in retail or customer service would be instant dismissal. At a football match I would suggest things are different due to the raucous, high intensity atmosphere. When you say he was swearing, you don't mean at the fans i presume, but at the players? This is to be expected if so. You can't take your kids to a football match and not expect to hear swearing. If he was swearing at the fans this is a total different kettle of fish and his position should be reviewed. 

In summary, assuming my view of what happened is correct, then no further action should be taken.

Apparently he was swearing at fans not players. Jonathan is not one for making false accusations, and I would trust what he says 100%.

The club need to investigate, and if found to be true he needs to be disciplined and apologise. Dismissal for me is too much, but it is a serious matter, and a sign that the management team are losing it.  

Fans have stuck by him and his colleagues through 8-0 hammerings, shocking home form and a chance to win silverware thrown away by the inability to beat a league 2 side over two legs and he can't take a bit of stick? The ice is beginning to crack, they've been fortunate to not get McLeish levels of abuse after the shite they've served up for 18 months.

• Like 2

Well it certainly hasn't been ignored.......and that's from a guy who was getting more stick than him!!! It's part and parcel of the game when the team is doing shite! Pay your money - deserve to have your say!

Risso - I'm too good looking to be him :P

That's the end of that then.

People who want a public apology are living on a different planet. The knives are out, understandably, but whats done is done.

To those saying he doesn't care about the fans, surely this proves the opposite? If he didn't care what we thought he wouldn't have reacted.

Get on with your lives.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

Well it certainly hasn't been ignored.......and that's from a guy who was getting more stick than him!!! It's part and parcel of the game when the team is doing shite! Pay your money - deserve to have your say!

Risso - I'm too good looking to be him :P

That's the end of that then.

People who want a public apology are living in a different planet. The knives are out, understandably, but what done is done.

Those saying he doesn't care about the fans, surely this proves the opposite. If he didn't care what we thought he wouldn't have reacted.

Get on with your lives.

Surely he cares more about not getting sacked? 

Clearly our form isn't the greatest right now, probably feeling the pressure along with Lambert.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â