Culverhouse and Karsa sacked

Isa

When members of the management start having a go back at the fans its usually the start of the end.

I don't see Lambert recovering from this (current form - not this incident) - not many managers turn it round from such a poor spell - and I don't see who he can call upon. I said weeks ago Lambert was 50/50 to start next season - those odds look very kind now...

When members of the management start having a go back at the fans its usually the start of the end.

I don't see Lambert recovering from this (current form - not this incident) - not many managers turn it round from such a poor spell - and I don't see who he can call upon. I said weeks ago Lambert was 50/50 to start next season - those odds look very kind now...
Today was the coin Toss for the on the fence fans, last season during the tough times he was backed because it wasn't his team etc, today was his team and it wasn't a one off shit game, it was another in a long line of shit performances, fans have every right to have a go at the ones in charge, if Culverhouse was the one on the receiving end then he should take it in the chin instead of having a go back, at the end of the day Ian, your being shouted at cuz your doing a shit job. Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

If this is true then it is clearly bang out of order. With the tripe we are serving up then it is no surprise if you have fans shouting out at the manager and coaching staff to sort it out. I am not sure what they expect. They surely can't be surprised that the fans are coming to the end of their tethers with results and performances. If Culverhouse has verbally abused supporters then he needs to go.

im glad he did, he should  be wound up and angry as ****. id be more worried/angry if he put on some smiley happy persona

By taking it out on the fans who were not responsible for what happens on the pitch?

hes a person like anyone else, it doesnt matter what title or what ammount of money he gets paid, he is still human. anyone can overreact and lash out, especially in the possition they are in. if he did (which afaik hasnt been confirmed) take it out on the fans it might not have been compeletely cosher but i can understand it. in my eyes its alot better than any "we go again" "cant fault the lads for the effort" "wee bit of bad luck" delusion. 

It's not sackable. If it's true he should definitely apologize, but people are human. We have no clue what was said to him (maybe the abuse was personal), it's clearly a stressful time and if true then clearly he reacted inappropriately. But no ones perfect. I'm sure all the holier than thou poster on here have done something in the heat of the moment they later regret.

• Like 1

im glad he did, he should be wound up and angry as ****. id be more worried/angry if he put on some smiley happy persona

By taking it out on the fans who were not responsible for what happens on the pitch?

hes a person like anyone else, it doesnt matter what title or what ammount of money he gets paid, he is still human. anyone can overreact and lash out, especially in the possition they are in. if he did (which afaik hasnt been confirmed) take it out on the fans it might not have been compeletely cosher but i can understand it. in my eyes its alot better than any "we go again" "cant fault the lads for the effort" "wee bit of bad luck" delusion.
The fans input into the club pays his wages, wages that are paid to him for him to do a job. We are the primary stakeholder of Aston Villa.

If a member of staff at McDonald's came out and said people who don't like their burgers can piss off, he/she would be sacked. As a representative of the club he should act professionally, being human has nothing to do with it.

An apology at the very least is needed in my opinion.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

im glad he did, he should be wound up and angry as ****. id be more worried/angry if he put on some smiley happy persona

The fans input into the club pays his wages, wages that are paid to him for him to do a job. We are the primary stakeholder of Aston Villa.

If a member of staff McDonald's came out and said people who don't like their burgers can piss off or abused them, he/she would be sacked. As a representative of the club he should act professionally, being human has nothing to do with it.

Well mcdonalds employees also don't have 40000 people screaming at them, and like I said we don't know what was said to culverhouse. Being human has everything to do with it. People make mistakes.

If a member of staff at McDonald's came out and said people who don't like their burgers can piss off, he/she would be sacked. As a representative of the club he should act professionally, being human has nothing to do with it.

As much as I don't think this is an acceptable case, it's not really a fair comparison where a McDonalds worker would be under scrutiny from a single person, whereas IC is under immense pressure from ~36,000 people.

Investigate it. If it's true, an apology is in order. Nothing more.

• Like 2

if Lambert lets this go he's a disgrace too. He needs to deal with the situation. He really doesn't want to get on the wrong side of the fans, particularly the lower trinity.

He has already lost the Holte apparently. A few people on Twitter have reported 'sacked in the morning' chants coming from it.

If a shop-assistant (who is also human) went on a tirade against a customer, they would be sacked on the spot. I'd rather not have a thoughtless, foul-mouthed hot-head as our assistant-manager to be honest.

Obviously my comments are hypothetical at this stage. I hope there is some sort of investigation by the club and the facts are established. Although I doubt that Fear would be making it up. He is a pretty respected Villan here on the online stratosphere.

• Like 1

if Lambert lets this go he's a disgrace too. He needs to deal with the situation. He really doesn't want to get on the wrong side of the fans, particularly the lower trinity.

He has already lost the Holte apparently. A few people on Twitter have reported 'sacked in the morning' chants coming from it.

If a shop-assistant (who is also human) went on a tirade against a customer, they would be sacked on the spot. I'd rather not have a thoughtless, foul-mouthed hot-head as our assistant-manager to be honest.

Obviously my comments are hypothetical at this stage. I hope there is some sort of investigation by the club and the facts are established. Although I doubt that Fear would be making it up. He is a pretty respected Villan here on the online stratosphere.

Indeed.

Â