New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

22 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s interesting that people want to celebrate our heritage and have a badge that was on the kit when Villa won the European Championship but absolutely hate the star that goes with winning that title.

I don’t mind a star featuring. Just not in the position it’s currently in.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

Makes a big difference, I could get behind this.

I would prefer it if there was more thought around the star, if it was needed at all. I think if we had three European titles it would look good under or over the badge, but it just looks like an uncomfortable after thought.

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

I thought I quite liked option 1 but then I saw this fan version using the shape of the current badge. Then I realised how much I didn’t like the gas lamp shape after all. I think this looks better.

4A1F888C-9A90-4CB3-89E0-2EC47C8AF49C.jpeg

I really don’t like that, funny how personal these things are, but I think it’s dreadful. Like a fake badge off a computer game

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I thought I quite liked option 1 but then I saw this fan version using the shape of the current badge. Then I realised how much I didn’t like the gas lamp shape after all. I think this looks better.

4A1F888C-9A90-4CB3-89E0-2EC47C8AF49C.jpeg

The straight edges of the crest annoy the hell out of me. 

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Embarrassed we won the European Cup and showing it is a new one on me from some fans…

giphy.gif

What? I’m not embarrassed we won the European Cup. Why would that be a rational interpretation of my post?

As I’ve said already, I simply don’t like its placement on the badge. The badge is more balanced without it being in the blue circle. I can live with it being there but honestly I prefer the round badge when it’s not there.

Edited by His Name Is Death

Over the course of a few hours I've gone from not liking to loving the gas lamp one. It's modern and pretty original. I really like it. Please those who can vote don't be boring and go for that frikking round one.

Only one of these two options look like a 'future' version of Villa.

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

What? I’m not embarrassed we won the European Cup. Why would that be a rational interpretation of my post?

As I’ve said already, I simply don’t like its placement on the badge. The badge is more balanced without it being in the blue circle. I can live with it being there but honestly I prefer the round badge when it’s not there.

That little star makes it unbalanced? Maybe having 3 legs one side and only a tail the other side, makes it unbalanced, maybe we should try and make it two legs on each side and the lion has two tails?  What about the writing, is it top heavy with the name over the top part at 10 letters but the bottom has just 4 numbers and smaller font? I don’t get the unbalanced argument, there are more other issues of unbalance than the little star being there.  It looks great with the star and the star actually means something, it means something we should be proud of and like other clubs want people to know….

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Over the course of a few hours I've gone from not liking to loving the gas lamp one. It's modern and pretty original. I really like it. Please those who can vote don't be boring and go for that frikking round one.

Don’t get how you think the shield one looks modern, it looks like an early days of computer games generic football club badge

Only one of these two options look like a 'future' version of Villa.

The round one

Edited by nick76