New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So many round badges. We should have gone for something like Spurs or Forest, something a bit different. At least as an option 3. Shield and round are bland. 

Looking at it in that context, it's  not the worst (ahem, West Ham), but far from the best. Lower mid table. Like the team it represents. Still a big improvement  on the current one for me. I'd  be open to Option 1 if is was a claret lion on a lighter blue  background, but something about it makes me think of Scunthorpe or Trabzobspor for me, just doesn't  feel  right

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I feel like if the outline of the shield was gold instead of light blue it would pop a bit more

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The claret lion is just daft. The blue one in the shield is okay, but come on, it had to be gold!

We might need to spam the social media feeds lol

6 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

is a lot more striking and modern while also representing our history.

no contest for me.

if you're a new fan of the league who wants to pick a team, which one's gonna grab your attention more?

Wow stands out! Best badge in the PL

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We might need to spam the social media feeds lol

They won't change anything now.

The only way they'd change anything is if there was a huge backlash like with the Leeds fiasco

The fact of the matter is, both of the designs are better than the one we have now. The current one is weak as piss, and I now associate it with bad times and bad owners. I’d prefer NSWE to have their own mark, as I appreciate them a lot more than I did Lerner and Mr Emoji. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The fact of the matter is, both of the designs are better than the one we have now. The current one is weak as piss, and I now associate it with bad times and bad owners. I’d prefer NSWE to have their own mark, as I appreciate them a lot more than I did Lerner and Mr Emoji. 

Dr Emoji, thank you very much.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Yellow lion just stands out so much better against a claret background. It really didn’t need much tinkering with….   

C5A987B6-4929-4031-9366-E5DD342DFE1B.jpeg.7660efc6104fa177a92d0ff7341b0e40.jpeg

You can see on that image that even against the purple background, the yellow bleeds. The edges aren't crisp or sharp at all. Rounded/uneven yellow shapes just don't work in design.

Neither is particularly inspiring.

The shield is more unique a shape but the design otherwise is spectacularly bland and cheap looking, with the name looking like an afterthought in a font far too small and clashing with the shape. It might look better colour swapped, but there's fundamental issues with it.

The round one is... sigh. It's more immediately pleasing a design, but it's so obviously template stuff because so many teams have it. And it feels really old fashioned, in a bad way, because all of these types of badge have moved towards having white space on them, and this doesn't, making it look heavy and indistinct.

And the star shouldn't be there. It looks wrong. I think we should acknowledge the European Cup win, with a star, but just plonking it next to the lion looks ridiculous.

The round one will win but neither are good. Spectacular disappointment.

• Like 1

I’ve just played around with the shield a bit and if you make the purple an ever so slightly lighter shade and a bit more claret-y plus the font a touch brighter it makes it loads better. 

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah option 1 is growing on me.

I don't think it looks as good as the round one on the shirts, but lined up there it looks great.

It's actually the writing I don't like about it looking at it there. I think having it straight when the top of the shield is pointed makes it look like it's just been dropped on there. Like it's not actually part of the badge

Option 1 reminds me of the current badge in one sense.  That is, it smacks of "elements" thrown together that don't work together.  To me, the bottom point is too elongated.  The name might well look better in parallel to the top.

Option 2 frustrates me because it's nearly there. But the diameter ratios of the two circles are wrong.  I'm also another one who finds the star a bit small time.

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

You're right to be fair.

Either one will probably end up growing on us as well.

Will prob Aly get a better feel for them when we see them on different applications as well.