New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

As previously stated, this is the first time in a while there has been a feel good effect about the club, surely now is the best time to do it? 

As pointed out, two things can happen at the same time. 

They might be waiting until emery has been announced.  They still have to arrange a press conference for him.

With the crest you just know purslow is going to be spearing the designs so he probably wants to focus and getting emery settled before announcing the designs.

I do agree now would be a good time with the positively surrounding the club.only downer would be if the designs are horrid and the fans go all negative again 😂

Amazed at the reaction the current badge gets. I'm excited to see a new badge - especially now to exorcise the last 12 months - but I don't feel the current design deserves such vitriol. It's perfectly fine, surely? Or maybe 'perfectly fine' in this age of extreme language does mean 'dog shit'. Odd.

• Like 4

Just now, AvonVillain said:

Amazed at the reaction the current badge gets. I'm excited to see a new badge - especially now to exorcise the last 12 months - but I don't feel the current design deserves such vitriol. It's perfectly fine, surely? Or maybe 'perfectly fine' in this age of extreme language does mean 'dog shit'. Odd.

It's better than it was (with the declawed lion, and the 'prepared' at the bottom in a completely different typeface), but its implementation is crap.

See the source image

Right up close, it's ok, but from a reasonably close distance, you can hardly tell it's a lion, and you can't even  see the star. It's similar in digital usages when it's quite small, it just turns into a blurry mess.

Implemented in different colours, it'd be ok, but as it is, it's a mess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I know a lot of people didnt like this badge but in my lifetime itvwas my favourite one

Screenshot_20221028-114454_Chrome.jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It means the managerial appointment and getting his team is in is the high priority at the moment and this isnt as important right now. Thought that was obvious what i meant.

You think the clubs just going to announce something like a new crest in a small scale ? They will make a big announcement when its ready to be annouced

Two things are completely separate.

New manager employment has little correlation as to the crest design, merchandise, beers choices during the game or the shift schedule for the ticket office. 

Those sort of things are important in their own right and cannot be overlooked in day to day running of a business.

If anything, establishing a new brand identity is integral to the commercial success of Aston Villa which directly affects our budget. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

New manager employment has little correlation as to the crest design, merchandise, beers choices during the game or the shift schedule for the ticket office. 

Those sort of things are important in their own right and cannot be overlooked in day to day running of a business.

If anything, establishing a new brand identity is integral to the commercial success of Aston Villa which directly affects our budget. 

They are seperate but i bet purslow will want to be involved in both!

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Exactly what I was getting at 👍

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It means the managerial appointment and getting his team is in is the high priority at the moment and this isnt as important right now. Thought that was obvious what i meant.

You think the clubs just going to announce something like a new crest in a small scale ? They will make a big announcement when its ready to be annouced

Please show me where I said that?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's better than it was (with the declawed lion, and the 'prepared' at the bottom in a completely different typeface), but its implementation is crap.

See the source image

Right up close, it's ok, but from a reasonably close distance, you can hardly tell it's a lion, and you can't even  see the star. It's similar in digital usages when it's quite small, it just turns into a blurry mess.

Implemented in different colours, it'd be ok, but as it is, it's a mess.

I'd forgotten or not even realised that the current one isn't the Lerner one.

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'd forgotten or not even realised that the current one isn't the Lerner one.

It took a while for people to stop using the Lerner one on their YouTube videos, even long after the change (and there are still some videos that haven't caught up), so I'm not surprised if fans don't realise.

Edited by His Name Is Death

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Never forget. The current one is bad, but the first iteration was atrocious. What the **** is with that font?

villa-badge.jpg

I don't mind the prepared,  but a better font would be good. It's the declawed lion that makes it a shambles. Looks like a held in captivity starved pussycat rather than a lion. 

The other huge issue is the yellow on pale blue,  which stands today. As shown above it doesn't work at any distance. This is the biggest fix they need to make. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I know a lot of people didnt like this badge but in my lifetime itvwas my favourite one

Yeah this is a nice one from my childhood too, only issue for me is the claret is just purple… it’s not a bad colour combination but it’s not claret and blue. I think that rampant lion, with the right claret and blue behind it would be good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Never forget. The current one is bad, but the first iteration was atrocious. What the **** is with that font?

villa-badge.jpg

The font, the impotent lion, the colours, the Lerner one is just horrendous.

So you've actually made me realise that whilst I hate the current one, the Lerner one was MUCH worse.

Funnily enough, the current one actually looks good in monochrome, and would probably look good if it was simply on a Claret background with gold lion and font.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My favourite as well, looks even better in our proper colours. Would love to go back to it but I think it reminds most people of the end of the Ellis era. 

spacer.png

• Like 1