New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s so fascinating seeing how upset this badge makes people. It’s really not that bad. You’d be surprised at how many outsiders think ours isn’t that bad.

I’m really not upset by the way. I literally just said it was dogshit. There’s no emotion in that. It’s just my opinion of our badge. 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m really not upset by the way. I literally just said it was dogshit. There’s no emotion in that. It’s just my opinion of our badge. 

Well… there’s clearly some sort of emotional response for you to call it dogshit. Otherwise you’d just be apathetic towards it. Regardless, I’m not trying to tell you your opinion is invalid. I’m just fascinated that our badge gets such strong negative responses.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

I think it's more conceptually shit than shit in terms of execution. They improved it a lot in terms of execution with the gloss they did on it in 2016 - it's crisper, the lion is miles better, the font bigger and bolder. 

But it's the same shit concept essentially - a bright yellow lion on a pale blue background with our beautiful name as an acronym in a crap font above it. The white border is just the icing on the cake - 3 pale colours and barely any claret.

The whole thing just doesn't work tbh.

• Like 1

No gold or yellow rampant lions, please. They always get lost to the eye from any distance and become pale smudges. Those old designers knew what they were doing with the dark claret almost chocolate lion on a lighter field. It's easily visible. Definitely prefer the more ornate lion, too, if perhaps not as filigree-like as the Scottish royal standard. 

And here's something some of our resident hipsters ain't going to want to hear: A lot of current and potential supporters outside the UK don't give a rat's arse about looking modern. And they want "Olde Englishness," and yes, I realise you may be cringing at that, but that's the beautiful/ugly truth. They want to see scrolls and mantling and fusty old heraldic mottoes, etc etc.  Want to "expand the brand" globally?" Better be careful. It's all about heritage. No one in California is ever going to buy an MK Dons or Bournemouth jersey although they might buy an Everton or Leicester City jersey just for the look because they look a lot less contrived and more quirkily "English."  

Edited by Marka Ragnos

38 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

No gold or yellow rampant lions, please. They always get lost to the eye from any distance and become pale smudges. Those old designers knew what they were doing with the dark claret almost chocolate lion on a lighter field. It's easily visible. Definitely prefer the more ornate lion, too, if perhaps not as filigree-like as the Scottish royal standard. 

And here's something some of our resident hipsters ain't going to want to hear: A lot of current and potential supporters outside the UK don't give a rat's arse about looking modern. And they want "Olde Englishness," and yes, I realise you may be cringing at that, but that's the beautiful/ugly truth. They want to see scrolls and mantling and fusty old heraldic mottoes, etc etc.  Want to "expand the brand" globally?" Better be careful. It's all about heritage. No one in California is ever going to buy an MK Dons or Bournemouth jersey although they might buy an Everton or Leicester City jersey just for the look because they look a lot less contrived and more quirkily "English."  

Lol what do hipsters have to do with this?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I like that AV one alot as well.

Me too, perhaps have the A bridge further up and the shield wider so we could whack a lion in the middle of the A itself

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Out of all the badges / crests on that list, the best by far is the Crystal Palace design. I've not really looked closely at it before. Followed by the Spurs badge, which has a clean and simple, iconic feel about it.

I love the Spurs home kit from last year as well. Big fan of simple, clean and classic. Plus the colors go together perfectly.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Out of all the badges / crests on that list, the best by far is the Crystal Palace design. I've not really looked closely at it before. Followed by the Spurs badge, which has a clean and simple, iconic feel about it.

Nah, I don’t like the Palace badge at all, I always thought it was a poor design, I like the bird but the rest to me looks like they were running out of time after spending the majority time on the bird and slapped the rest together.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Out of all the badges / crests on that list, the best by far is the Crystal Palace design. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah, I don’t like the Palace badge at all, I always thought it was a poor design,

New badge design in a nutshell

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I’m told by a little bird that one of the options is the circular option and it’s practically identical to the 82 badge. They’re very well connected and I met them by chance. I imagine that’d end up being the winner 

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

I’d just like the club to say if this is actually happening or not? Isn’t the deadline tonight or was that just rumour? So much smoke and mirrors with it. Daft. 

Process has been awful from the start. This was announced in June. Vast majority of fans still have no clue what sort of direction we're going in or what any of the options might look like.

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

So I’m told by a little bird that one of the options is the circular option and it’s practically identical to the 82 badge. They’re very well connected and I met them by chance. I imagine that’d end up being the winner 

There are people in this thread who have already seen the options and described them. No birds required.

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I love the Spurs home kit from last year as well. Big fan of simple, clean and classic. Plus the colors go together perfectly.

Spurs is one of the best. But inimitable. 

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

Nah, I don’t like the Palace badge at all, I always thought it was a poor design, I like the bird but the rest to me looks like they were running out of time after spending the majority time on the bird and slapped the rest together.

Yup, Palace is awful. Looks like Mothra attacking a taxi shed or something. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1