New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

On 01/07/2022 at 16:34, useless said:

c89552b0-f94d-11ec-b425-41ed29dfa7c4.jpg

Great minimalist design for the Aston Villa iOS app, but I'd feel a bit let down if it's all they can come up with for the club badge.

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Bored in an airport so gave one a go that was a bit different. Fwiw the diamond one a few pages back is my favourite so far.

715A3517-F9C7-4700-B65B-4400A52672E5.png

4C54BABB-8ECB-4C66-8C23-3F017F1BBABB.png

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not an artist at all, just having a bit of fun playing around in Canva and thought I’d share my designs. Whether people think they’re good or not is irrelevant, it was just a bit of fun and in all honesty didn’t take me long to mock them up.

On the subject of the badge I think we’re all on nostalgia trips of varying degrees and we might be a bit surprised with how they go, especially with the remit of increasing brand awareness and commercial avenues. Like many say the yellow on blue doesn’t work so they might go down a completely different route altogether. I remember the last time it changed, I certainly never would have opted to have just AVFC on there so we might get something a bit random.

Personally I’d like the team to be successful so if an ‘out there’ badge achieves that then so be it, didn’t hurt Juventus.

I quite like the new FC Nantes one so had a blast at a modern AVFC design using that as a template (be gentle 🤪)

A86E57D1-B22F-4C2B-9146-11E042ABBBAE.jpeg.f22b5576f8c1c8a5f3df8a62a426ea45.jpeg

I kinda like it 🤷

3 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

Interesting to see that Venezia have just ditched their round crest including a lion, to something much more abstract built around a 'V'.

I imagine this is a bit marmite, but personally I love it. Looks great in Gold on the shirt.

https://www.nssmag.com/en/sports/30278/venezia-changed-logo

Venezia-nss(4).png

That's really nice. Definitely an improvement.

That gold badge is gorgeous. Something I can appreciate when it's of another club but not sure how I'd feel if that was Villa.

Venezia are a really interesting club, American owned and the owner is really open with the thought process behind the decisions that get made. Did an interview a while ago on a podcast, I think it was Football Cliches or maybe an Athletic one, was really insightful. 

Said that the new kits had really won them a lot of praise internationally, was great for the brand and the club at large. But the home fans weren't as delighted, but was great for them comercially and that he was carefully trying to find the right balance, was a great listen.

Interested to see where the new badge falls on that scale

19 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

How about something leftfield and not going with a rampant (oo er) lion. Anyone able to knock up a simple badge around a gas light lamp? Would be original at least. 

Had actually been wondering something similar if there's a way to include a gaslit lamp

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

Interesting to see that Venezia have just ditched their round crest including a lion, to something much more abstract built around a 'V'.

I imagine this is a bit marmite, but personally I love it. Looks great in Gold on the shirt.

Venezia-nss(4).png

I would imagine moving the lion’s head to the left could create an AV logo relatively easily but agree it’s both striking and divisive. 

I’d like to see us go with something a bit different to the multi copied round badge, something like the above would certainly stand out from the crowd and raise our brand profile. 

44 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

Venezia-nss(4).png

Looks a bit art deco ... definitely an improvement.