New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

The lion not caged in a circle or shield free to roam where it wishes looks by far the best, but I doubt that they would use that as the actual badge because when you take away everything else and just have the rampant lion in isolation it isn't something that's specific to us, it's just the same Lion that a lot of other clubs use, we will want something that as soon as it's seen makes the observer think 'aston villa', like as soon as one sees the Nike tick they know it's Nike.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they moved away from the lion altogether for the badge, and I'm wondering if these recent sightings of the lion without a shield, first behind players signing new contracts, and now on Purslow's blazer is sign of that, a way of maintaining it's assocation with the club, but in a different way to what we're used to.

On 27/06/2022 at 06:03, Teale's 'tache said:

Saw this post and it gave me an idea of sorts, so thought I'd share...

spacer.png

Still winning for me ... got a mention on Pete's Holy Trinity Youtube .... :) 

• Like 1

Good work on these designs guys, but I seriously doubt the new badge will look anything like any of these fans' attempts we're seeing. It's going to be I imagine, something much more edgy, sleek, modern, and cool looking.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Saw this picture of an old pin badge on FB and thought this has the makings of the new club badge with a few alterations and a bit of modernising.

spacer.png

Absolutely. Just get rid of the flag, get rid of the football, change the lion completely and it’s an absolute winner 😀

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, useless said:

Good work on these designs guys, but I seriously doubt the new badge will look anything like any of these fans' attempts we're seeing. It's going to be I imagine, something much more edgy, sleek, modern, and cool looking.

Perhaps with lots of kewl colours and formatting, you’d imagine

The Lion without the shield makes another appearance, as I don't think they'd use it like this as the actual badge as the rampant lion isn't something unique to us, but if they do something radical with the new design which is what i'm expecting, then things like this will be a way of keeping the lion as we recognize it as part of the club...

bebb9300-08ff-11ed-a54a-693392408c70.jpg

• Like 1

On 21/07/2022 at 11:26, thabucks said:

This is still my fav design thus far …

A71ADDB8-E259-4911-B5B6-A5F8F32E3FE4.jpeg

It's a good one, but somehow the proportions still seem a little off to me. I wonder if it's a bit too vertical and needs to be squashed a fraction? I also always feel like the star should be offset, and not set in a space that looks complete and finalised. We want there to be room for more stars. We must assume that those new stars are coming. When the star is above the A crossbar, it looks complacent to me. "We've got our star. We're done. We don't think we'll be getting any more."

A71ADDB8-E259-4911-B5B6-A5F8F32E3FE4.jpeg.ed8b29902e894fde6300b1f6bec57691.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

This is my favourite badge (and kit). The claret lion on blue background stands out so well...and having the black around the edge makes the yellow pop too.  I think the shield is a good shape that would be nice to see back. The only downside is 'prepared' being yellow on a pale blue background. 

However, I can't see anything but a round badge coming out with the full ASTON VILLA included.

I'm struggling to see how a design would meet that criteria and still take its guide from the 57 kit.

Shame.

aston-villa-1956-57-away-7 (1).jpg

• Like 1

What's happening with the consultation? Strange for the club to announce this and then several weeks pass by with no further info, why bother announcing the intention so far ahead of any actual updates?

Assume they are in procurement process with design/brand firms etc but would have expected the preliminary first round fan consultation/survey part of this to have kicked off by now.

Edited by est1874

On 22/07/2022 at 18:29, Marka Ragnos said:

It's a good one, but somehow the proportions still seem a little off to me. I wonder if it's a bit too vertical and needs to be squashed a fraction? I also always feel like the star should be offset, and not set in a space that looks complete and finalised. We want there to be room for more stars. We must assume that those new stars are coming. When the star is above the A crossbar, it looks complacent to me. "We've got our star. We're done. We don't think we'll be getting any more."

A71ADDB8-E259-4911-B5B6-A5F8F32E3FE4.jpeg.ed8b29902e894fde6300b1f6bec57691.jpeg

I really like this but can't help feeling it won't look right as a crest on a shirt.

I can't even put my finger on why, just a hunch.

If I saw it on a wall or on a stained glass window in the holte or something I'd love it, but I'm just not sure it would work on a shirt.