New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Saw this post and it gave me an idea of sorts, so thought I'd share...

spacer.png

This is bloody brilliant. Mind if I share on Twitter - of course would give you credit if you’re on there as well

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think it's time to give the rampant lion a chance to break the fourth wall and look out at our opponents ... at least for a year or two, then put him back?

lion rampant gardant_0.jpeg

Looks a bit Kenneth… I like it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

This is bloody brilliant. Mind if I share on Twitter - of course would give you credit if you’re on there as well

Agreed. That's new? Hard to believe someone didn't come up with that years ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Oh my god! It’s an A at the top and V at the bottom! Only just noticed it. Genius! Would like to see what it looks like as an actual badge rather than the design on the claret background. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Yes mate go for it, my twitter handle should be on my profile. I'll be posting a slightly more tidied up version on there myself if I get chance tomorrow, as this was just quickly thrown together.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry mate no disrespect to you but its not for me. I just hate the overal shape of a diamond

No worries mate, I've worked in design long enough to know not everyone is going to like everything I make, it comes with the territory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

This looks the business tbf

Yeah that’s pretty polished isn’t it. I’d like to see the star in front of the lion, along the centre line between the 18+74. Being pretty picky at this point but it would look less random. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, id92 said:

Yeah that’s pretty polished isn’t it. I’d like to see the star in front of the lion, along the centre line between the 18+74. Being pretty picky at this point but it would look less random. 

Lion doesnt stand out enough for me in claret. Looks better in yellow in my opinion

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

I reckon periodically until it gets closer to a final decision, we should do a poll of the best designs.. to see which ones most people favour and then shortlist.

When we reach a majority favourite, we should prob start spamming the club with it!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Lion doesnt stand out enough for me in claret. Looks better in yellow in my opinion

I think I prefer yellow as well, but I think I'd definitely be ok settling with the latest effort in claret.

I reckon it is a balance of different elements different folks like.

FB_IMG_1656361915813.jpg

FWKjHuBWIAApzbc-min-min (1).jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think I prefer yellow as well, but I think I'd definitely be ok settling with the latest effort in claret.

I reckon it is a balance of different elements different folks like.

FB_IMG_1656361915813.jpg

FWKjHuBWIAApzbc-min-min (1).jpeg

The bottom one is better IMO

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Oh my god! It’s an A at the top and V at the bottom! Only just noticed it. Genius! Would like to see what it looks like as an actual badge rather than the design on the claret background. 

I didn't notice it either. It's rather brilliant isn't it? Also even kind of looks like the font on the front gates of VP. 10/10, would be very happy if that became our badge.

• Like 1

These round badges just look like off brand wannabe versions of the original round badge, if you're going to have a round badge with a Lion then I think it has to be radically different, otherwise there's no point, might as well just bring the original round badge back, but that wouldn't be good either, it's just not edgy or modern enough.

The new crest I expect will look nothing like these fan designs, will be more cutting edge, state of the art, and radical.

Will probably cause controversy I imagine, but those hip to it will know whats up.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

The new crest I expect will look nothing like these fan designs, will be more cutting edge, state of the art, and radical.

Will probably cause controversy I imagine, but those hip to it will know whats up.

This was the excuse, used to pass of our current attrocity though.

I've always said I'm open to cutting edge, state of the art and modern etc.

However, I find it's usually an excuse for something shit.

Alot of people pull off pre school level designs under the guise of " minimalist " or " cutting edge " these days.

I'm sure there is an Art Gallery somewhere with a colour splat, called " The Splat " which has " deeper meaning " and is worth a few hundred thousand.

My choices are mostly going off the general concensus and what the direction seems to be, however, again, I'm open to total refresh!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

20 minutes ago, useless said:

These round badges just look like off brand wannabe versions of the original round badge, if you're going to have a round badge with a Lion then I think it has to be radically different, otherwise there's no point, might as well just bring the original round badge back, but that wouldn't be good either, it's just not edgy or modern enough.

I don’t want our crest that has been altered slightly though. I want a nice new round badge, or the A/V one posted above. Old fashioned crests are crap. I also don’t want players to ever wear suits to matches anymore. It’s just not cool. (Think this is starting to become normal now anyway).
Let’s move away from the old fashioned way of thinking and take a massive leap into the modern era. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1