New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't anyone ever think of the people who have had the existing club crest tattooed on their body at these times? 

Yes. I think of them and laugh. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't anyone ever think of the people who have had the existing club crest tattooed on their body at these times? 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes. I think of them and laugh. 

My mate had this one done on his arm ages ago.

Every time i see him and he's wearing a t shirt and it's on show, i always say to him 

''ooh look at me with the tattoo of the new Villa badge''

petty and childish, i know, but i just can't help it, so much so it's now a tradition.

spacer.png

Reading the release it looks like it'll be a round badge, with 'Aston Villa FC' instead of AVFC and will probably do something to the style of the lion for simplicity and its colour so the contrast on the badge is easier to see. 

I prefer a shield instead of a badge. Maybe they could do that with a claret lion or something. 

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate if i'm honest, this is an older and shitter version of the round one I posted which you said you don't like?

Which one mate? I like the round badge, I just don’t like some of modern versions of it but I’ve done a search of yours but can’t find it.

13 minutes ago, imavillan said:

My mate had this one done on his arm ages ago.

Every time i see him and he's wearing a t shirt and it's on show, i always say to him 

''ooh look at me with the tattoo of the new Villa badge''

petty and childish, i know, but i just can't help it, so much so it's now a tradition.

spacer.png

This was better than the one which replaced it. 

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

The COMPLETE obsession with a European cup win 40 years ago is driving me mad (particularly as a younger support). Is it just me??? It’s all pretty cringe at this point.

I was just too young to remember it but I’m extremely proud we did that and we should celebrate it to the max that our club did it because so few clubs achieve it.  I am surprised a Villa fan finds it cringe.

Maybe is because you are younger but I hate these days that the younger generation only care about what has been done in the PL years and things before that are disrespected.  It’s bad enough from other fans but for it to be called cringe by some of our own that we celebrate so much is a little disheartening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I agree with the calls to get rid of the acronym and replace with ASTON VILLA as we have the finest club name in football

However, the change to 'AVFC' was a full club branding choice as opposed to just a crest/badge choice, and if we do that I'd like to see us update all the social media so that the twitter and instagram handles aren't @avfcofficial but @astonvilla

Whatever we do should be consistent across the board and we do want our fine name to be everywhere as visible as possible.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

They'll go for a simple clean design that plays well on social media and digital channels. A lot of car companies have had new logos recently, majority to simpler designs. 

See how they are all cleaner (apart from Peugeot!)

XHAAJc2.jpeg

1XTMfLK.jpeg

Edited by Xela
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I was just too young to remember it but I’m extremely proud we did that and we should celebrate it to the max that our club did it because so few clubs achieve it.  I am surprised a Villa fan finds it cringe.

Maybe is because you are younger but I hate these days that the younger generation only care about what has been done in the PL years and things before that are disrespected.  It’s bad enough from other fans but for it to be called cringe by some of our own that we celebrate so much is a little disheartening.

I certainly don’t disrespect the achievement. I just get a bit tired of everything being about the European Cup win. A week can’t go by without seeing something about it. I feel like being a Villa fan can get a bit like obsessions over the wars. Does it really have to be like 50% of what this club is about? I’m not saying ‘move on’ but do we really have to have a kit that harks back to 1982, a badge that harks back to 1982, a star to remind us of 1982, 1982 on the away kit, etc etc. We are so much more than that one cup win but it feels like everything has to reference it.

Maybe I’m just being grumpy but it has started to irk me a bit. 

31 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

This was better than the one which replaced it. 

I disagree. I don't love the current badge but those stripes were an abomination. IMO that crest looked awful on every single shirt it appeared on, and I was so relieved when it was gone. Just a shame we didn't replace it with better, is all.