$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Ha, people still going on TBAR?

I made up some information and posted it on twitter under "one use" account, and the info is now being thrown around over there like it's true. Makes you wonder really...

Yes the only reference I could find to them being worth 4 Billion was on the TBAR forum. I don't think Simpson is even a Billionaire although very wealth in everyday terms.

Everything that I have read on TBAR looks like utter, utter cack to me.

The nature of Kwan's posts, previously perfectly normal poster on here and subsequent silent backtrack lead me to be believe he is a lot closer to the mark.

'Admin' on an internet forum has broken a NDA and scuppered a two hundred million pound deal.

1. Why do it in the first place. Is he/she stupid?!

2. The nature of that forum indicates that it has accidentally become troll central.

The others that have had previous sniffs of possible info have kept their mouths predominantly shut.

I made up some information and posted it on twitter under "one use" account, and the info is now being thrown around over there like it's true. Makes you wonder really...

Anyone here could start a twitter, tweet something with hashtag #avfc and people would be all over it. Hence all the BS we've read in the past few weeks and will read in the coming few.

• Like 1

The Texans combined are worth 4 billion or so. A lot more financial power than Randy. Also their baseball team is actually successful

Are they? I looked and could only see they were worth around $1.6B

I think that's just Davis's wealth. Simpson I cannot find too much info of how much hes worth. He has a lot of assets. So who knows really. Either way they have more money than Randy and will be fresh to the challenge. They seem to know what they are doing.

I think were so far behind however that we require Oil money to bring us back. High wages for good players are needed not just transfer fees.

Anyone here could start a twitter, tweet something with hashtag #avfc and people would be all over it. Hence all the BS we've read in the past few weeks and will read in the coming few.

Aye, that's pretty much exactly what I did. Posted some information and framed it to look like it was from someone within the club, although never actually said that. Added a twist by saying not to follow or DM the account as it would not be used again. Got a little traction over there at the time, but now it seems the whole broken NDA causing the Texans to pull out part of it is being seized upon and thrown around as fact.

To be fair I saw them talking about those tweets but I also saw the idea being thrown around on that forum that the Texans had pulled out of a deal due to their names being revealed previous to that.

From TBAR...Priceless!

Keyser Soze wrote:by releasing that info someone broke the NDA. all these other names were made up to throw people off the scent whilst in the background they were trying to save the deal.

I know for a fact that this is not true. I know this because, as part of a little experiment, I planted some completely false ITK on Twatter to see if it would be picked up on. It was, and you've just repeated it. Don't believe anything you read on Twitter - there's a good chance I made it up as an experiment  icon_lol.gif

Edited by Jarpie

What i don't like people talk crap about me, you will all be eating a humble pie soon.

Paul Lambert cannot do anything to stop the deal. He's got 1 year left on his contract, so he's entitled to a year's wage, which is probably about £1.5m. That's it. He'll get that if he's let go, but there's absolutely nothing an employee of the club can do to cause issues with the deal, like you claim