$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Roman doesn't spend like he used to?

They're about to sign Diego Costa for £32m and spend about a gazillion pounds on the worlds best AM's in the last 3 years

Alongside signing Willian for £30m, Matic for £21m, Schurrle for £18m, Salah for £11m, Van Ginkel for £8m and a young French(?) defender for £12m - all this season.

He doesn't spend much though :D

• Like 1

Roman doesn't spend like he used to?

They're about to sign Diego Costa for £32m and spend about a gazillion pounds on the worlds best AM's in the last 3 years

Alongside signing Willian for £30m, Matic for £21m, Schurrle for £18m, Salah for £11m, Van Ginkel for £8m and a young French(?) defender for £12m - all this season.

He doesn't spend much though :D

Yeah but apart from that ......

• Like 3

Anyone think it could be Mark Cuban? Actually probably not as they won the Larry O'Brien trophy 3 years back and Kwan said the owner hasn't had much success.

Edited by Folski

Owners of Texas based sports teams:

Tom Gaglardi - Dallas Stars, Canadian business man (which could tie in with The Trees findings a few weeks back) not sure what he has done with Dallas Stars though. Although when I google him there's an article that says "the Canadian who saved the Dallas Stars". Worth $1.6B but seems to be the head of a consortium that owns the Stars.

Jim Crane - Houston Astros, Texan who owns a lot of companies, main one is Champion Energy, net worth $2B. Again no clue what he has done with Astros as I've zero knowledge of MLB.

Ray Davis / Bob Simpson - Texas Rangers, these were the boys linked from TBAR. Apparently have been very well run. $2B+ together.

Clark Hunt - FC Dallas, Kansas City Chiefs. Has been linked with moves for Palace & West Ham in past. Again hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge can say how his teams have been getting on. $2B roughly by the looks of things.

Philip Anchutz - Huston Dynamo, worth circa $10B. Also has shares in Lakers, Los Angeles Kings, and founded several MLS teams.

Jerry Jones - Dallas Cowboys. Worth $2.7B

Bob McNair - Houston Texans Worth $1.5B

Mark Cuban - Dallas Mavericks, won a championship 3 years ago, did well to win western conference but should have been beaten in finals but Heat handed it to them. Haven't been great since then, let a few of the championship team go, and have been a bit in limbo since, knocked out of playoffs in first round this year against Spurs. $2.6B

Leslie Alexander - Houston Rockets, fit in with well run, and are doing their all to try and have a go but have been limited with success. Worth $1.6B

Peter Holt - San Antonio Spurs, one of the best teams in nba last 15 years due to Duncan & Popovic. Owner only worth about $200m though, so can probably rule him out.

Yeah Enda just said US guy who owns another team.  Kwan can I ask is he well off compared to Randy?

I'd ask again later, he's surely asleep.

Ha!

There can be no sleep for Kwan until the deal is done!

• Like 1

Club is going to be bought for less than 200 million. Deal isn't done yet as buyers are trying to knock down the price. Claiming that value of the club has fallen in recent years.

No specifics on how long it's going to take and what funds are going to be available for the summer. Everyone here thinks Randy wants it done ASAP but is wary.

I work at BoA

The buyer owns another American team. They haven't been too successful results wise but they're run well

There's just one party. Randy might have had others but there's only one at the table. Millions of dollars are on the line. It's not like a Villa auction

The above is from Kwan.

Guys, I'm at Villa Park on a work away day tomorrow. I will let you know if I spot any Americans brandishing wads of dollar bills. Legit ITK.

Nice one, between you, 'The K-Man', Me and the kitman's wife, we'll crack this mystery!!
  • Like 1