$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Club is going to be bought for less than 200 million. Deal isn't done yet as buyers are trying to knock down the price. Claiming that value of the club has fallen in recent years.

No specifics on how long it's going to take and what funds are going to be available for the summer. Everyone here thinks Randy wants it done ASAP but is wary.

I work at BoA

Any idea if they'd be potentially good owners? Not asking if you know who they are as understandably you couldn't even tell.
The buyer owns another American team. They haven't been too successful results wise but they're run well

Run well! I would take that in a heart beat. My worry is that an octogenarian billionaire takes over and pop his clogs, if the family don't share the same interest then we'll be sold off or in limbo again.

From Kwan's (who we obviously don't want to get in trouble) post sounded to me that the perspective buyer owns another MLS team. Anyway how many owners of American sports are there? About 100 I'd guess nice place to start.

This misleading story is the front page of the Birmingham Mail.

Aston Villa could become the next Manchester City – with oil-rich Arabs tipped to bring the glory days back to Villa Park.

Football finance expert Peter Knowles forecast that Randy Lerner could easily attract bids of between £200 million and £250 million from super-rich investors, desperate to break into the Premier League elite.

Edited by useless

But please have a bit more brains about you - none of these people are 'ITK', just like on any other forum. It is all bullsh&t. The more the supposed 'insiders' are engaged with, the more misleading rubbish we all have to sift through.

People will speculate all they want Pete. Patronising posts, asking people to have more brains about them won't change that.

Also, I don't know how long you've been on this forum (I can't see join dates on the mobile app), but there have been a LOT of correct ITKs on here in the past, and even more recently. For example, just yesterday we were shown what the new home kit will look like (and we're told the designs a few weeks ago). So people will speculate, guess and believe what they want about supposed ITK info.

• Like 1

From Kwan's (who we obviously don't want to get in trouble) post sounded to me that the perspective buyer owns another MLS team. Anyway how many owners of American sports are there? About 100 I'd guess nice place to start.

It didn't sound like it was MLS to me. It's most likely a (former) fellow NFL owner that Lerner knows personally. Kwan says the organization is run well, but haven't had much success. Could be several NFL teams. But the Villa preseason in Texas thing has me thinking it's Bob McNair from the Houston Texans...

Edited by maqroll

Actually haggling over the price sounds feasible - presumably they will have done some observations - and whilst Lerner is keen to say 'Premiership Club for Sale' - any in depth report will be saying

Premiership club - with sub standard players - could feasibly be relegated in the next season ot two.

A thought struck me last night - but re reading the statement 'Ive appointed Merril Lynch' - seem like a bolt on right at the end - was this always going to be in the statement ?

Clark Hunt - Ian Robbo was on about Last night ?????    [Not ITK]

• Like 1

Whoever the new owner is,all we need is sensible investment.I know people want City/Roman types but lets think about it.Roman does not spend like he used to and Sheik Mansour at some stage will spend less as with their participation in the cl they will need to spend less money as other income streams grow.What we need is sensible investment of say 20 mill on top of what we have already,coupled with a slight increase in wages meaning better quality of player and we would rise 6-9 places in the league easily meaning more revenue.If the new owners also improve our commercial activities as well then we can have a chance of cl footie ourselves.We have an excellent base from which to start from.When you also consider the Nec,HS2 then potential financial benefits for us in increased revenue are there.We do not necessarily need stupid spending.Off to work now can't wait to see how many pages i have to go though when i get back!

Edited by krisagg75

Whoever the new owner is,all we need is sensible investment.I know people want City/Roman types but lets think about it.Roman does not spend like he used to and Sheik Mansour at some stage will spend less as with their participation in the cl they will need to spend less money as other income streams grow.What we need is sensible investment of say 20 mill on top of what we have already,coupled with a slight increase in wages meaning better quality of player and we would rise 6-9 places in the league easily meaning more revenue.If the new owners also improve our commercial activities as well then we can have a chance of cl footie ourselves.We have an excellent base from which to start from.When you also consider the Nec,HS2 then potential financial benefits for us in increased revenue are there.We do not necessarily need stupid spending.

Thats [Man City type owners]  always a possibility - but a long shot IMO.

My realistic hopes are for some with around Lerners wealth - but with more expertise to run the club. Id be delighted if Nichlas cortese was our CEO for example.......and that shouldn't be beyond us.

apologies if someone has already posted this from Forbes:

http://tinyurl.com/kto8qcb

I'm not  sure how they came up with the statement about net spending on  player transfers the last 5 years. (The bolding and underlining is NOT mine.  Don't know how to get rid).

Randy Lerner May Get $340 Million For Aston Villa

Randy Lerner has officially announced he is selling Aston Villa. The former owner of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns could get $340 million for the English soccer team, according to people with knowledge of the market for soccer teams. Big picture: there are lots of rich people thanks to the run up in stock prices the past four years and very few teams for sale.

When Lerner purchased a 39% interest in the team in August, 2006 from Doug Ellis, the enterprise value placed on the transaction was $106 million. For its2005-06 fiscal year the team generated revenue of $83 million and an operating loss (in the sense of earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and player transfer gains or losses) of $5.1 million (Note: all figures use an exchange rate of 1 British Pound equals $1.69 U.S. dollar). At that time, the team had $65 million of liabilities stacked on top of just $46 million of equity.

Lerner repaired the team’s balance sheet by infusing it with more than $200 million of cash, much of it from personal loans. Lerner also renovated the teams grounds, Villa Park. Over the past five seasons, only five English soccer teams–Manchester City, Chelsea, Manchester United, Stoke City and Liverpool–have spent more, net, on player transfers, than Aston Villa. The team’s performance on the pitch. quickly improved under Lerner’s ownership.

After finishing no higher than 10th place in the English Premiership for three consecutive seasons, Aston Villa finished sixth each season from 2008 through 2010. But as Aston Villa’s performance has slipped back the past few seasons its supporters and head coach, Paul Lambert, have been complaining about the lack of investment in star players.

While one can dispute the state of Aston Villa on the pitch, there can be no doubting the team’s improved financial health during the past eight years. Lerner subsequently exchanged his personal loans to Aston Villa for equity, which eventually gave him 100% ownership of the team. For its current fiscal year Aston Villa expects to report revenue of $169 million and operating income of almost $29 million. And the team now has more equity than debt.

Bankers say 12 times operating income ($348 million) is a reasonable valuation for a team like Aston Villa, given its long history and solid brand (the team was established in 1874 and has captured seven league championships, seven FA Cups and is one of only five English teams to have won the Champions League). Aston Villa, not in jeopardy of relegation, and will therefore continue to share in the Premier League’s lucrative television bounty, which pays the top 20 teams an average of $2.6 billion a season through 2016. For the 2012-13 season Aston Villa’s share was $76 million.

One area with upside: Villa Park, where attendance (relative to capacity) has been among the lowest in the Premier League despite having among the least expensive tickets. A new owner with deep pockets could possibly remedy that situation with a few more star players.

What an absolutely dreadful piece of writing, it's a right load of nonsense.

• Like 1

Kwan never mentioned that he was this 84 year old Macedonian fella and Enda was on the wind up.

Was  Enda on the Wind-up? You sure? About Illitch: In 2006, inspired by a veteran returning to civilian life after losing both of his legs in war, Ilitch founded the Little Caesars Veterans Program to provide honorably discharged veterans with a business opportunity when they transition from service or seek a career change. Ilitch received the Secretary's Award from the U.S. Department of Veterans affairs for this program in 2007; it is the highest honor given to a civilian by the department. Today there are 50 Little Caesars Veteran franchisees who have applied more than $1.5 million in benefits.

Maybe a stretch but there could easily be a link here to one certain Mr. Krulak and Randy himself has been heavily involved in US army stuff.

Kwan is one of the more credible posters on here so I would be inclined to believe him. Like I said I doubt BofA would be out there scouting for a buyer. Ends obviously on the wind up. Who were those Texans mentioned previously on TBAR? Davis?