$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

All I want is for it to be a cash deal - none of this carrying huge debts and sowly paying them off ala Man Utd kind of deal.

Someone who can give us a minimum investment of say £30m a season, with a good C.E.O., buying both good youngsters and players we need with experience.

I'd also hope that in the short term we can spend a little bit more than £30m, just so we can maybe get a couple of £10m players, who I think, could make us top 10.

A new CB to go with Okore and Vlaar and a new midfielder (some one like Barry to be honest).

• Like 4

All I want is for it to be a cash deal - none of this carrying huge debts and sowly paying them off ala Man Utd kind of deal.

Someone who can give us a minimum investment of say £30m a season, with a good C.E.O., buying both good youngsters and players we need with experience.

I'd also hope that in the short term we can spend a little bit more than £30m, just so we can maybe get a couple of £10m players, who I think, could make us top 10.

A new CB to go with Okore and Vlaar and a new midfielder (some one like Barry to be honest).

Didn't they make it impossible to buy premier league club with leveraged buyout thing? I seem to remember they did so after Liverpool almost went bellyup.

Someone who can give us a minimum investment of say £30m a season, with a good C.E.O., buying both good youngsters and players we need with experience.

My thoughts exactly

Didn't they make it impossible to buy premier league club with leveraged buyout thing? I seem to remember they did so after Liverpool almost went bellyup.

I'm not sure.  I can't remember or haven't heard that, sorry.

I just think using a club such as ours as a bit of a gamble, would be bad.

Man Utd can sort of get away with it because of how huge they are as an entity, we'd sink quickly providing we didn't have the sucess the potential owners had in their minds on time and within budget.

Hi guys. Flew out to menorca on Monday so missed all the goings on. The weathers nice but windy as he'll, just writing this is probably costing me a bomb but, it's villa, I need updating. Anyone kind enough to bring me up to speed?? I'll be forever grateful

I'm not sure.  I can't remember or haven't heard that, sorry.

I just think using a club such as ours as a bit of a gamble, would be bad.

Man Utd can sort of get away with it because of how huge they are as an entity, we'd sink quickly providing we didn't have the sucess the potential owners had in their minds on time and within budget.

Yeah, leveraged buyout deal for Villa would be masterclass example of recipe for disaster.

I mean, I was just thinking "jesus, is asking for £30m a year too much?"

And then you think, no, because there are 18/19 year old fullbacks from Southampton being purchased for that amount.

I mean, thinking about the likes of Torres, Carroll, Shaw, Lallana etc, we've been really scraping the barrel for players haven't we? 

I think the average amount we spend on players of the last couple of seasons comes to about £3m?

10% of what Shaw will cost Utd.. Crazy.

I'd have to wonder at the intentions of someone worth only a few bilion dollars buying the club at a massive fraction of their wealth. I think the best scenario you'd see would be an initial boom but then you'd might have to take the crash if certain things didn't come to fruition during the boom. It might end up being a case of history repeating itself.

Club is going to be bought for less than 200 million. Deal isn't done yet as buyers are trying to knock down the price. Claiming that value of the club has fallen in recent years.

No specifics on how long it's going to take and what funds are going to be available for the summer. Everyone here thinks Randy wants it done ASAP but is wary.

I work at BoA

The buyer owns another American team. They haven't been too successful results wise but they're run well

There's just one party. Randy might have had others but there's only one at the table. Millions of dollars are on the line. It's not like a Villa auction

The above is from Kwan.

Thank you. Interesting tid bit

So this thread has added over 40 pages since I last looked at it, anyone want to be nice and sum up whats happened.

merry-go-round.jpg

Yes but how many pages of people asking for PMs? 

Got reminded of this...makes an interesting watch, good thing Lerner doesn't deal with these people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFV_3yG6xvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFV_3yG6xvU

"This video is not available in your country.

"Sorry about that".

Was that what made you think of Randy Lerner?!!   :lol:

No...I got reminded of that due talking about leveraged buyout deals.

It's Dispatches' program How to buy a football club, very interesting watch, it's from couple years back and the football league might have changed their rules after that though.

Lambert is good guy, give your head a shake son.

you just don't know what going on only i no.

Lambert is worried man tonight all i will say.

If you know then that's fine and appreciate any info you're willing to share. But any need for thE big I am?

I wish this deal would hurry up and happen, cant put up with all the ITK rubbish being spouted around at the moment. At least Learner is selling, I just hope we don't get saddled with owners like the Venky's, or someone like Tan (would probably change our kit to royal blue and white) 

I wish this deal would hurry up and happen, cant put up with all the ITK rubbish being spouted around at the moment. At least Learner is selling, I just hope we don't get saddled with owners like the Venky's, or someone like Tan (would probably change our kit to royal blue and white) 

Fortunately american owners have been pretty lowkey in england so far, at least as far as I know. They tend to have a good sense of public image and importance of keeping the traditions etc. of the club, at least if they've owned teams in usa.