$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There's a massive catchment area around us. We're the biggest club in 100 square miles with little or no competition in our own city. If we are successful there's more room to grow than Man City for instance.

I don't really want Man City type investment. It takes the gloss off any success you have. I want clear, clever more organic investment, I want the best young players we can get and make them into stars rather buying the best off the shelf. Oh and I want a **** big television.

Sorry - but our location goes against us. Ive heard this arguement about the vibrant second city, catchment area,potential - and I really don't buy.

Our ground is in a very deprived area of Birmingham - and Birmingham consists of many such deprived areas.

Been to Manchester lately?

True, True... I used to live in Levenshulme! and it's an absolute dumphole, just like other parts like Gorton, Moss Side, Rusholme. In my honest opinion Birmingham/Solihull is lot nicer place to live than the over-rated Manchester!

Manchester may be rougher than Birmingham, but I'm sad to say it does more than make up for it by being a lot more exciting place to live. 

• Like 1

Why would he at that age want to buy a club??

So many ITK's pointing all over the place. Time will tell. There is obviously things happening behind the scenes.

I wouldn't rule out anyone at this stage. What Kwan is saying is concerning though. Only 1 buyer? Would be nice if there were a few fighting for us.. but just an 84 year old man? maybe he will re hire Ellis to help him out...

I know: the prospective buyer 

If I was to ask you a question, that was completely unrelated to this, but rather about a fellow on ebay looking to buy a golf club from me, and the question was 'would the identity of the buyer prove to be a surprise or would it be expected', what do you reckon you'd be inclined to say?

Only 1 buyer? Would be nice if there were a few fighting for us..

Anyone expecting a bidding war was nuts to be honest. This whole thing will have been done with the intention of a sale to the person who buys it. It's not something you stick up in the local classifieds and try to get a few people looking. Randy would likely have been at this for a while now. Only one bidder will be needed, because that bidder is the buyer

• Like 3

Does anybody know where in America Randy calls home?

Ok I got one listing here that says he lives in the new York area,now according to pete he didn't list the villa in the  classifieds,so how people in texas and Detroit got wind of the sale is beyond me,but,with all this speculation linking us to owners of various teams maybe we should look a little closer to Randy's home,you got the new York giants,jets Brooklyn nets is owned by a Russian billionaire,anyway just a thought.

Edited by 1974Centenary

I doubt Randy was restricted by geographical location, more likely he started with folks he knew best and went from there I'd say. So probably MBNA related circles first, then NFL ones? And without wanting to be taken the wrong way and having someone take some bizarre offence, perhaps other well to do Jewish folks with a penchant for sporting interests

Here's the thing. I only know the bank side of things. I don't know if Lambert is coming to America. I don't know what Villa are planning. I don't know what's going to happen to the club.

I know: the prospective buyer and the figures.

I didn't even know we were handling this until I asked around. I'm very low on the totem pole. I'm not on the team or department handling this.

Still, can we refer to you as 'ITKwan' from now on? ;)

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Here's the thing. I only know the bank side of things. I don't know if Lambert is coming to America. I don't know what Villa are planning. I don't know what's going to happen to the club.

I didn't even know we were handling this until I asked around. I'm very low on the totem pole. I'm not on the team or department handling this.

Nice one...so who is it?

I doubt Randy was restricted by geographical location, more likely he started with folks he knew best and went from there I'd say. So probably MBNA related circles first, then NFL ones? And without wanting to be taken the wrong way and having someone take some bizarre offence, perhaps other well to do Jewish folks with a penchant for sporting interests

Racist

• Like 1

Guys, I know you're desparate for information. I know this is a time of uncertainty. I appreciate that it's fun to guess what might happen.

But please have a bit more brains about you - none of these people are 'ITK', just like on any other forum. It is all bullsh&t. The more the supposed 'insiders' are engaged with, the more misleading rubbish we all have to sift through.

Following itk is like being tempted to watch a tv show you know is crap, watching it and then thinking half an hour later 'yeah that was crap'. I, for one, will wait for the OS as the rest of this is pure nonsense - it's like watching an amateur dramatics performance ; some dress up better than others to be convincing for a bit, then the veil falls before long...

Goodnight jacketspuds, Tubby, RMD, CarewsEyebrowDesigner, CardiffGreens, T37gnome, CliffyBiro, shammynoor, adz.villa, VillaBrum, lapal_fan, smetrov, fightoffyour, Villan4Life, jon_c, Daniel, VillaGoMarching,bannedfromHandV, Honest bunch of lads, suttonpaul, Dbonne10, markavfc40, stegzy, weedman, KJT123, rjenkins, krisagg75, supernova26, foreveryoung, drewdat, harris21, briggsy, Voinjama, tomaspg, williasjbg,Craigy1874, AndyM3000, bully, NIVillan, acox_844, samjp26, PBVogel, Farlz, limvillian, bradarmstrong_, DeadlyDirk, PatrickCousens, Mic09, christoff, Villanun, Mantis, avfcwills10, LanielDynch, villarule123, AndyAVFC,Mr_Dogg, useless, Robbie09, StefanAVFC, avfcgoodie, Rodders, Djemba_Villan, MONCABA, villatillidie1980, John, Amo69, Bunnski, Google (1), villaluke, maastricht66, bobzy, brommy, Hughes, emile_the_powerhouse,kwoktolai, dubbs, heid3ster, yayoboy, leemond2008, matrim, Spoony, string28, markdell7, Hunt3r, jraiye09, Shaw_nuff, benm1990, pete101

That's strange, my name is on that list but I have just checked this thread for the first time since about 10pm last night

So you didn't say what is the prospective owners other sport?

Club is going to be bought for less than 200 million. Deal isn't done yet as buyers are trying to knock down the price. Claiming that value of the club has fallen in recent years.

No specifics on how long it's going to take and what funds are going to be available for the summer. Everyone here thinks Randy wants it done ASAP but is wary.

I work at BoA

In New York? You work in mergers and acquisitions then?

well that's just under 2 billion the thing I read said 1.7 billion USD.

Still a pauper billionaire compared to Anzschultz or however you spell it for example.

We're not going down this route are we? Endless moaning about Lerner (with some justification to be fair) only to moan when his replacement is "only" worth a couple of billion. :rolleyes:

At $2.7-3.6bn  he'd still be richer than most other Premier League owners.

Edited by Mantis

Randy lives near new York I think it is a place in long island.

That aside Kwan sounds credible IMO

I just wanted the bidder to be younger and richer.

We can only spend relative to the clubs earnings. FFP exists. Get used to it.

club earnings plus 105m over 3 years, so if we were turning a 15m profit without transfers every season, we'd have 50m a year to spend on players without going over on the FFP front