$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

This popped up on NewsNow/The Telegraph.

Aston Villa fans have been on the edge of their seats ever since Diary suggested that Micky Arison, the billionaire cruise ship tycoon, could be the for-sale football club’s next owner, after selling £36m of Carnival Corporation shares since March.

In an update on last Thursday’s tale, Diary notes that Mr Arison sold a further £23.9m of Carnival stock on Monday and Tuesday this week – and, intriguingly, parties close to the Premier League action decline to issue an outright denial that the US mogul has his eye on the takeover ball.

Jennifer de la Cruz, Arison’s chief spokesman, thanked Diary for its enquiry, but said that: “As a general rule, we do not comment on such rumors [sic].” Keith "Mr Football" Harris, the investment banker advising owner Randy Lerner on the club’s sale, deployed the even more defensive tactic of ignoring Diary’s emails and calls.

One to keep tackling, then, as new reports emerge that Lerner, who hopes to exit by the start of the next football season, has offered Aston Villa to two unnamed Middle East investors at the reduced price of £150m.

Cruise ship tycoon in the premier league for Aston Villa takeover

Edited by TH

Hope it is him. Clearly wants to Wynn things.

If it doesn't happen - we'll be in a no wynn situation! Then again we'll probably Wynn Lose or Draw (a blank) on this - 

• Like 3

One to keep tackling, then, as new reports emerge that Lerner, who hopes to exit by the start of the next football season, has offered Aston Villa to two unnamed Middle East investors at the reduced price of £150m.

I think this is somehow right, not far from what I've heard. Although I'm not sure what they mean with two investors. Wether they mean partners or two separate investors. Because from what I know, Al-Baltan won't go only by himself, He's going to have partners while he's going to have the most percentage. 

I had a call today, There is a good chance that Khaled Al-Baltan is in the last stages of negotiations. Him with some partners. That's what I heard from a very very good source.

Thanks Abdul, fingers crossed, can you think of any reasons why he would be interested in the first place? Besides enjoying football I mean, e.g. Man City owners own the Etihad group and wanted to use the club to further promote their brands.

It's been a while since there has been a snippet of decent takeover rumours so hoping Abdulazizz is correct with his source, does tie in nicely with the Telegraph rumour section.

Hope Randy can lower his asking price, hope he serves the club as the "great custodian" that he is!!

It's been a while since there has been a snippet of decent takeover rumours so hoping Abdulazizz is correct with his source, does tie in nicely with the Telegraph rumour section.

Hope Randy can lower his asking price, hope he serves the club as the "great custodian" that he is!!

If the £150m number is right, i think its a pretty fair price for what you get!

What's the Telegraph rumour?

Lerner, who hopes to exit by the start of the next football season, has offered Aston Villa to two unnamed Middle East investors at the reduced price of £150m.

• Like 1

A soccer club doesn't strike me as an investment as much as it does a money pit.

Once you get to a certain level of rich those are the same thing.

Sadly, I don't know whether that's true or not. I suspect not.

It is probably only true in the case of people like the Man City owners where the money is flowing out of the ground, or inherited money.

Anyone who has had to earn their money, no matter how much they have, in my experience, will not be careless with their money.

Lerner, who hopes to exit by the start of the next football season, has offered Aston Villa to two unnamed Middle East investors at the reduced price of £150m.

This has been a very expensive experience for him.

Probably not the right forum for this discussion, but, just how much of that "expensive experience" is his own fault? The guy has made so many unbelievably stupid decisions / mistakes that will have cost him some serious $$$.

• Like 1

Probably not the right forum for this discussion, but, just how much of that "expensive experience" is his own fault? The guy has made so many unbelievably stupid decisions / mistakes that will have cost him some serious $$$.

Well Lerner and family are hardly going to be destitute after selling for that much? I always considered £150m to be a fair price to be honest as any new owner will have to spend £50m to get us back to being an established mid table team. Let's hope this is true? 

Oh, all his own fault - I was not being particularly sympathetic - he has plenty left. Even so - a big hit no matter how much money he has!